1.0.7 A Few Known Issues

Have you tried uninstalled and reinstalling? iCloud should have your hero saved (if you haven’t linked your account) so you shouldn’t lose any progress.

If your hero isn’t recovered (and you haven’t link your account), our support team will be able to link your account up and help you recover it.

Regarding arena, I just met a team that started with a huge attack bonus, rest of the stats seemed normal. Not a display issue, the troops really hit for 10 damage when matching skulls. No apparent synergies between troops, so it’s probably kingdom related. Was my first arena fight after the patch, continuing a run started prior to the patch.

Sorry to hear about the crashes. Which generation is this iPad mini? Did you used to have random crashes with the older versions of the game?

Ipad Mini 1st generation, A5 chip, 512MB RAM
It gets really slow when the game try to load a screen with all the cards, and then it crashes.
I will try to uninstall and re-install the game.
The problem came up also on older version at the end of battles, but not so frequently (about 1 time every 40-50 battles)

I will also try an hard reset with a fresh installation of only Gems of War

Is the main number for the Mana bonuses correct? So when it says 78%, is that what the chance for Mana surge really is?

Update: Hard reset on IPad, restored to factory defaults and installed only the game. I didn’t do any restore from backup, all is completly fresh.

The problem still remains. Very slow on any screen with troop list, and unable to set any team because game always crashes, so I can’t play.

Maybe the new version is too heavy for older apple system.

Very very sad for me as I love this game and this week I’ve been promoted in my guild (#2 in the rank)

Last update: same problems after update to iOS 9.1

The iPad mini 1st Generation is one of the lower-end devices the game can run on, and is obviously having some issues. We eliminated a number of memory issues in this update (which were causing random crashes) but the troop selection screen is quite intensive. Our dev team is seeing what they can do to solve this for the next update.

You could try closing down all the other background apps on the iPad, if there are some running. Otherwise there’s not much we can do until we release the next update unfortunately. If possible, you could try installing the game on Steam and changing your teams via that.

I just had a fight in which opponent used Bear Totem, and removed a bunch of blue gems to “increase” the damage from 11 down to 6. The target did not die.

Really weird arena issue. Started a new run, game froze at least half a dozen times on selecting the last troop. I could continue after selecting a different set of troops, won the first game, got the victory screen, received +0 gold and +1 loss. Anybody else experiencing this?

Yep, just submitted a support ticket and a new topic on it.

Glad I read this I was missing a level on each Kingdom and just got enough to level a city up. I was checking to see if a correction would be made before I bought anymore levels.

Is it intentional that the retreat option has been removed from battles? Or am I simply unable to find it? Currently I have to force quit the app in order to “retreat”.

Also, very hard to read troops in troop screen in iPhone 5. Small!

Finally, though all troops now have types (demon, etc), I can’t see their icon anywhere on their cards. How do I tell a troop’s type?

See the word bottom-center of the card.

You can try to move to the PC version? It is free to download from the official webpage. Just make sure you bind your account to an email before you switch

On android device, pictures of wild plains troops have bad scaling and they look really bad :frowning:

CLERIC1014

I have also some issues.

Ok, so there is one thing that really bothers me in the Arena. All my opponents seem to have unexplained extra bonuses. I tried it back on normal difficulty, and they always have extra stat point, even if they shouldn’t. And since I’m not benefiting of ANY stat bonus from the kingdoms lvl 10 in my arenas, that means said bonuses come out of nowhere. Either these are the kingdom bonuses, in which case I should get mine too (and it didn’t happen in a single arena), or they should have none. As I said, I tested it in the basic normal difficulty to make sure of it, and I can confirm my opponents and their troops all get stats buffs. Thought it was worth mentioning.

Edit: just added a screenshot from current arena in normal difficulty to show what I mean - no bonus for me, but bonuses for my opponent. (I only thought of doing it after I already attacked the hero once, sorry.)

1 Like

@Archenassa

I had something worse: My opponents had their stats boosted by 3 Attack, 6 HP and 2 Defense. Which made the arena impossible for me to do (hard difficulty)

I suspect that some team bonuses might interfere with the arena, leading to such boosts.

@CSZ : Yeah, I had that as well, that’s why I tried it in normal difficulty. After it happened twice, I just had to switch back to normal to see if I was wrong, and it turns out I wasn’t. To be honest, I’ll stick to normal to play the Arena as long as it isn’t fixed.
Oh, and let me give you a tip. Change the difficulty before paying the Arena fee, close the game and restart it. When I didn’t do it, the Arena kept being on the same mode (Warlord, Hard or whatever difficulty I was on when I paid the fee). It’s a shame, but I hope it’ll get solved. I understand your pain, went through it earlier too, three times (I was changing the difficulty each time, from Warlord 3, then 1, then Hard, then back to Normal to check my theory). Lost the first one entirely (zero wins), and the two thereafter with only 3 and 4 wins respectively (although I did have pretty crappy line-ups too :stuck_out_tongue:).