Translation Errors Masterthread

We’ve been getting a scattering of translation errors reported, so let’s make a home from them all! Not only will this help the community and devs easily find everything, but it also stops our Known Issues Threads from getting unwieldy.

As we know, @Versheenah has already done a spectacular job with the Russian translation thread, so we will limit this thread to our other playable languages.

Last updated 1/08/17 2:29PM.

French

• Dwarven door second trait isn’t translated in french, it appears in English.
  • PVP tutorials are in English. They are appearing correctly in Treasure Maps.
  • Gar’nok and orc traits translation should be “gagne 5 attaque quand se prend des dégâts.”
  • In the mail screen, “collected” hasn’t been translated. Status: Fixed
  • In the mail screen, “You have 1 mail” hasn’t been translated.
  • Guild Wars time remaining message should be “La semaine se termine dans 14h,30m”
  • Enemy guild progress should be “progrès de la guilde ennemie”

Spanish

Italian

German

12 Likes

Slight orthographic error in “La semaine se termine dans 14h,30m”. In French, there are additional spaces around punctuation marks and time abbreviations. This phrase should be rendered thusly:

« La semaine se termine en 14 h, 30 m »

Also, for Enemy guild progress the use of “ennemie” is technically correct but, in this sense, I’d say it’s too much of an anglicism due to direct translation. Instead of “progrès de la guilde ennemie” it would sound better when worded as follows:

« Progrès de la guilde adversaire »

Next. I note that Gar’Nok is currently refundable because his 1st trait “Orc Armor” has been changed to “Gain 5 Armor when I take damage to Life.”

If that is so, then your provisional revision:

…is no longer correct, since it’s still referring to getting Damaged rather than to getting Life injury. I would suggest this instead:

« Gagne 5 attaque lorsque ma vie est blessée »

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

While we’re defining the difference between getting Damaged and getting Injured/wounded, I’d like to request an update to Humility’s 3rd trait across all language translation versions. Humility is currently reading as follows:

Virtue of Humility
All allies gain 2 Armor and Magic when I take damage.

Humility’s description is not correct; his trait ONLY activates when he takes damage to Life! In other words Virtue of Humility ought to be updated to either:

All allies gain 2 Armor and Magic whenever I am wounded.

OR

All allies gain 2 Armor and Magic when I take damage to Life.

I mention this mainly because the “wounded” phrasing is consistent with other troops who do additional damage to Life, for example:

Wolf Knight
Add 6 damage if the enemy is wounded.

Crimson Bat
Bloodsucking: Deal double Skull damage to wounded enemies.

It would be nice to get some consistency with respect to the two different types of damage to troops, i.e. “any damage” versus Life damage (wounding).

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Just my 2¢. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the italian version:

• The weapon Mang has got french description. It should be like this:
    “Distrugge l’armatura di un nemico. Causa 21 danni. Aumenta il mio attacco in base all’armatura distrutta”

Thanks and see around

A very nice idea, thanks for this! :slight_smile:

I have a huge selection of screenshots (I tend to make one whenever I see a mistake or something interesting) and would love to help you to correct a tremendous amount of mistakes (which I have already detected, but I am sure that there are many more) in the German translation.
Is there maybe a way to get a file from you containing all the German texts in the game?
Otherwise it might become very complicated to tell you all the specific places with misspelled words (like headings, text bubbles etc.).

What country are you from? I am sorry, but all the corrections you have suggested seem rather awkward.

“La semaine se terrmine dans 14 h 30 min.”

“Progrès de la guilde adverse”

Gagne 5 en attaque lorsqu’il est blessé?

3 Likes

There are likely to be discrepancies with some languages based on locale (eg Spanish from Spain vs Spanish from Central/South America, France French vs Quebec French). Hopefully @Saltypatra can confirm with the relevant parties which language versions are to be used as the base.

1 Like

Of course, it should be France French… :slight_smile:
Else being a french guy, I agree with @Aelthwyn’s comments.

German:

Wisps and Scale Guards 3rd trait “Swift” vs. Manticores “Fast”

In both accounts it is translated as “Schnell”. There is no difference. I would propose:

“Fast” = “Schnell” (because it exist longer and players are familiar with it)
“Swift” = “Flink”

Humilitys spell

It says “verstärkt durch den gesamten Verstummten Feinden” It should say
“verstärkt durch verstummte Feinde” to have an accurate translation from English.

Burning Scythe weapon

Spell isn’t complete.
It says “Füge allen Feinden 12 Schaden zu. Verbrenne einen Feind und lass einen”

Which translates to "Deal 12 damage to all enemies. Burn a random enemy and " That is all.

It should add “anderen erkranken

2 Likes

@Aelthwyn Apologies. You are of course correct in re-correcting my phrasing. I’m not sure how I managed to introduce basic errors like the “en” in the first sentence as well as the additional comma. The autocorrect (which I have been unable to turn off in-game on my iPad) even messes up my English occasionally.

Gar’Nok’s 3rd trait sounds awkward even in English, frankly, because the easiest way to describe it is to use first person singular. Most spells use third person descriptors, so the sudden switch to first person creates dissonance in itself. :frowning:

That is how it is - wrongly - translated in the game. Maybe you have een influenced by what you had read?

I completely agree.

German

→ Staff of St. Astra says “Läutere alle Verbündeten und gib allen anderen Verbündeten * Leben.”
The word ‘‘anderen’’ is to much.

true. sorry, my mistake.

->Jotnar Stormshield spell says “verstärkt durch die Feinde” it should say “verstärkt durch die Verbündeten”

also true. sorry.

→ Honor, Justice, Loyalty and Courage spells says " Alle Verbündeten erhalten" it should say “Alle anderen Verbündeten erhalten”

correct, my mistake, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

→ Die Ergeben should be ‘‘Die Ergebene’’ i forgot the last letter by my last correction.

true.

→ Urskayan Crown says “beschwöre eine zufällige Einheit aus Urskaya.” insteed of “beschwöre einen zufälligen Urska.”

Urska is the troop type, but the spell text is about a troop from the kingdom urskaya.
(with your version it would include Barbarius from maugrim woods.)

→ King Mikhail “wenn ich gefesselt bin.” > “wenn ich wütend bin.”

correct. sorry, my mistake. XD

→ Dwarven Gate incorrect flavor text “Sprich Freund und tritt ein.”

not much difference to my translation… :stuck_out_tongue:

oh and i think we should make separate threads for each language or it will get to mixed up and will be hard to follow…

For the Italian version:

The description for the Sunweaver spell should be:
"Aumenta Attacco … "
with double T.

Thanks see around.

I remember i said

“Quand se prend des dégâts”

Because Courage 2nd trait is working like the orc traits and need to lose health before it trigger. So just wanted to get the same sentence everywhere.

“se prend” is a familiar word, and should be corrected everywhere… http://www.larousse.fr/dictionnaires/francais/se_prendre/63579
The best should be to send a request to the French Academy but they are in holidays…
There is also a grammar error: no subject, it should be “quand il se prend” or “en se prenant”.

Not your fault :wink: .

1 Like

German

Soul of Xathenos: Füge allen Feinden [Magie + 1] Schaden zu, verstärkt durch die gesammelten Seelen. Stiehl ihnen ihr Mana. → Füge einem Feind [Magie +1] Schaden zu verstärkt durch die gesammelten Seelen. Stiehl ihm sein Mana.
The weapon damage only one troop instead of all.

Cauldron: Verdoppelt den Angriff eines Verbündeten und verleiht ihm {1] Leben. → Verdoppelt den Angriff eines Verbündeten und verleiht ihm [Magie +1] Leben.

Staff of St. Astra says “Läutere alle Verbündeten und gib allen anderen Verbündeten [Magie] Leben.”
->Läutere alle Verbündeten und gib allen Verbündeten [Magie] Leben
The word ‘‘anderen’’ does not make any sense.

Jotnar Stormshield spell says “verstärkt durch die Feinde” it should say “verstärkt durch die Verbündeten”

Honor, Justice, Loyalty and Courage spells says " Alle Verbündeten erhalten" it should say “Alle anderen Verbündeten erhalten”

Die Ergeben should be ‘‘Die Ergebene’’ i forgot the last letter by my last correction.

Urskayan Crown says “beschwöre eine zufällige Einheit aus Urskaya.” insteed of “beschwöre einen zufälligen Urska.”

King Mikhail spell boost “wenn ich gefesselt bin.” → “wenn ich wütend bin.”

Dwarven Gate flavor text should say “Sprich Freund und tritt ein.”

Moloch legendary trait “Feinde verlieren 1 Schädelpunkt bei 4er oder 5er Kombinationen.” → Feinde verlieren 1 Punkt einer Fähigkeit bei 4er oder 5er Kombinationen.

Pyromania should say “Doppelter Schädelschaden gegen brennende Feinden.”

Swift = Rasch or Geschwind
To different Fast and Swift in German.

Dryad spell “Nature’s Gift” called “Natürliches Gift” on German but correct is “Geschenk der Natur”.
Imp of Love legendary trait is incomplete in German.
“Erhalte 1 Magie,” is missing.

Mega-Screech (King Owlbear): Fügt einem Gegner [Magie + 3] Schaden zu. Verringert den Angriff des Gegners um 5. → Fügt einem Gegner [Magie + 3] Schaden zu. Verringert den Angriff aller Gegners um 5.
He reduce the attack of all enemies not only the targeted.

Mega-Last Schadow (Eternal Elemaugrim): Füge allen Feinden [Magie + 3] Schaden zu. Erschaffe 8 lilane Edelsteine, verstärkt durch brennende Feinde. → Füge allen Feinden [Magie + 3] Schaden zu und verbrenne sie. Erschaffe 8 lilane Edelsteine, verstärkt durch brennende Feinde.
He damage all enemies and burn them.

Anubite Warrior summon a “Festungstor” not “Festungsmauer”.

Trait Daemonic Pact: 25% Chance beim Tod einen Dämon zu beschwören. → 25% Chance beim Tod einen Uralten Horror zu beschwören.

Draakulis spell “Vampierklinge” is written correctly “Vampirklinge”.

Dragon Turtle spell says “Füge einem Feind Schaden zu und lass mich untertauchen.” insteed of “Füge dem ersten Feind Schaden zu und lass mich untertauchen.”

Tuskar description test is in english in the french version

1 Like

French : In the troop filter, clear filter is in english

French: Tuskar description text still in english

French : in the news tab, 3rd anniversary text is in english. “x read more” also in english

French: we can read “Gloabal” instead of Global