Traitstone Drop-rates

Man this makes me sad.

Thanks for the info though, very valuable.

So I guess its:

• Save glory
  • Hope that any given week will be the colours you want
  • Buy up big and trait
  • Hope the team you’ve just created is good. If not, tough, repeat process.
1 Like

Also there are refunds on troops that got nerfed recently. Souls and Traitstones.
This frees up some stones of you reconsider your lineup here and there.

If you send a support ticket to the devs describing your situation, they may be willing to refund a troop or few for you. They do manual refunds on a case by case basis. If you constantly nag them about it they probably won’t do it, but if you feel like you invested too much in an inadequate troop they would consider reversing it.

Also, you can just ask the people on the forum what to build. Long time players of this game can form good builds out of whatever resources you have available and can assist you in your choice.

Or you can get the dust devils empowered and farm challenges for stones which puts the power in your hands. Arcane spirit didn’t drop from events until 3 weeks ago or about 12 weeks from the release. It can be a while and doesn’t help if you need two colors and clear your glory one week and have your next stone drop the following.

Or ,and this is an idea, play maps to get a trait stone. After 15 moves you get a random one from the pull and it is not uncommon to get 1 or 2 which is 15 and 30 moves. Also maps give glory so if you do well enough you can just keep getting maps. Tyri will also assuage the process for you to get maps.

1 Like

I think you missed the point. I don’t want a refund because I created a crap team. I’m saying that a lot of the fun of this game for me is theorycrafting new teams, and because of the abysmal drop rate of arcane stones, it prevents me from creating cool new combinations.

So I’m left with my above method of saving glory and hoping I was on the money with my theorycrafting. If I wasn’t, and my team sucks, a dev isn’t going to refund my stones because I made a bad team.

There’s no possibility for failure, no margin for error. I have to get it right, first time, or I’ve not only wasted my resources, I’ve also wasted the opportunity to use the stones that have been on offer while I’ve been saving for the ones for my planned team.

This problem could at least be solved with a ‘testing arena’ where we could play with builds, traits etc before deciding on what to save for. But, as has been pointed out to me by several people over the last few days, anything that might reduce the incentive for players to buy stones might have a minuscule impact on the game’s bottom line, and we can’t have that.

Map are ok. They are better than they used to be but don’t solve the problem of arcane stone diversity. You can’t target the arcanes you want.

I spent almost a whole week doing nothing but maps and my minimal guild trophy contribution. I did not get a SINGLE arcane I was after (neither for the kingdoms I am targeting for stars nor the teams I am building). Map farming is far more likely to give you a huge spread of runes you don’t want, rather than a concentration of the ones you do. It’s not targeted farming. You can’t use it to help you build a team because you have no idea what stones will drop.

Although you can’t target your stone drops you can net more chances to get stones. i can not confirm if it was a dream of if rainbow stones drop form maps though. One map could be 3 minor stones or 3 celestials you never know. “the unaimed arrow never misses” is how maps are.

Celestials can drop from maps. A map dropping 3 celestials would be vanishingly unlikely though. :slight_smile:

I agree with @choke that trying to use maps to target an individual arcane is not an effective use of time.

2 Likes

Hy, I made a reserch from drop rate, here you see

7 Likes

Thank you for the data.

I actually had the Arcanes drop while using challenge for the event drops last week.

I got 2 out of the 100 games I did with Maugrim Woods, 3rd Challenge, Warlord I, 4 Beasts.

can Dev please increase the drop rate of a higher trait stone or increase the amount of trait stone you get when fighting a very strong enemy troops when exploring? i’m sick and tired of getting 1 MINOR trait stone after fighting a very strong enemy on exploring( 1 mythic, 1 very strong legend and 2 very strong epic)

1 Like

Try this instead brudda…

Set difficulty to normal

Get elspeth traited

Make team of elsbeth bombot ×2 any brown hero weapon

Use elspeth on hero which most times fills at least 1bombot and KABOOM!

Rinse and repeat… Usually takes longer to load matches than to actually fight them😎

2 Likes

6 seconds to win! Or less if there’s a 5 brown available. Double brown banner.

3 Likes

I actually use DK as well and sometimes DM procs all 4 when i dont get lucky gem creation

2 Likes

Can use Troglodyte, if traited, as Elspeth bait for an extra 5 magic and 5 armor. But you have to wait for trait animation to finish to get the boost.

My farm build is:
Elspeth
Bombot (41 damage to all)
Hero - Imperial Jewel (39 scatter damage)
Troglodyte

Wait for traits, do match 4s, sac Trog to Elspeth, explode Bombot, Jewel picks off any stragglers (happens if you get troops with event boosts) or on-death spawns.

Being 6 color the Hero fills up pretty quick, especially from Bombots explosions.

2 Likes

I dont have trog traited yet but the imperial jewel is a good idea thanks @Rasper

Troglodyte adds 4-6 damage to Bombot, depending on rounding issues.