[SPOILERS] NEW Kingdom (11.11)

I am absolutely certain Nim said a Magic Kingdom was next before we knew it was pirates, but I’ll admit that it doesn’t fit thematically and the release schedule may have changed or some such nonsense…

2 Likes

I said we do have another Magic kingdom coming soon/ coming in the future.

8 Likes

Maugrim Woods… or Divinion Fields?

@Lyya confirmed for less than half machine.

But we still love you :heart:

Appears krakens spell will devour a troop that has been severely depleted. Still seems like a fun troop though.

On the other hand- if 25 damage each is enough to kill both of the last 2 enemies, it would then devour a third enemy…

Any other troops that can attack the bottom two to try exploit that?

How does that 40% chance feel for other troops?

40% Devour chance is the same as the following troops (conditional to a type in each case):

Dragon Cruncher (Dragons)
Elf-Eater (Elves)
Gob-Chomper (Goblins)

I rarely use these troops, so I have no idea how 40% feels, but it sounds pretty decently high to me.

Kruarg the Dread targets the last 2 troops.

1 Like

Beep boop.

1 Like

40% definitely sounds high. High enough to get annoyed pretty quickly…

Wonder if they could make a mechanic that was like:

5% chance to Devour , boosted by health lost on target.

So devouring a full health target, 5%
If the target is damaged to half life, the chance is 55%
If the target is down to just a single hp or 2, nom nom nom

2 Likes

40% feels quite high. When I bring Dragon Cruncher to farm in Dragon’s Claw he devours at least one troop every match.

Time to take Dust Devil out of retirement. Fully trained, it sends the first troop to last position with the first cast of the match.

Hey @Nimhain , since today kinda sucks, can we get the pirates early to lift spirits?

4 Likes

I have a Gob-chomper team that I use in PVP to tear through the occasional goblin team i still see. Cuts them down like wheat the majority of the time. So not unreasonable.

So… ETA is tomorrow, yes?

should be.

1 Like

Reminds me of an idea I had for and “if/then” type spell effect that could be cool:

1. First step is that the troop has the ability to apply a status effect to opposing troops. For instance, Kraken might apply a “Drenched” effect that reduces Armor by half while active.
  2. Second step is that if a troop has the status effect, its spell only then has the ability to Devour a troop.

It could be a cool way to layer in more strategy and create more strata of power. And, practically, it just makes sense: Kraken aren’t really scary unless there’s water around.

It’s easy to imagine how this would be applied to virtually any status effect in the game.

The assassin weapon and the Scale Guard already implement this mechanic by having doubled effects on poisoned troops. The orbweaver weapon has an extra effect on webbed troops, but I’ve never seen it used.

ooh purty :heart_eyes:

3 Likes