(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Maybe something “give 15 mana split between beast allies” would be better.

I think the 50% mana to all allies of a type traits are fine in principle. Agree it’s getting a little unoriginal if they’re just a default for a new troop rather than something more imaginative…

They do need handling with caution, balance-wise. Giving it to daemons or monsters would be stupid. Beasts was okay apart from Kerberos - it shouldn’t be feeding such a game-swinging instagib effect.

1 Like

The problem is not in the mana gain, the problem is in Devour which as an ability is a tad OP. It not only eliminates opponent’s troop but it adds it’s stats to the devouring unit.

1 Like

Im sorry but i dont agree… Devour is notbOP at all. How often does it happen? When i fight

kerby: never it seems

Kraken: surprisingly it seems more often than kerby but not by much

Maw: once in a while but only once per battle and it never costs me the battle

What other devour troops are used?

Devour is not OP at all… And imho with the recent nerf to kerby i would go so far as to say it is UP

3 Likes

Also disagree. Devour as a mechanic is fine. Great Maw is a good example of it being balanced well.

I’m not fond of devour or instant death procs with a percentage, but these can work okay if the spell is costed properly.

In isolation Kerbie feels balanced fine. As does FG’s mana gain trait. But the combination of the two is bad news.

1 Like

Bad news is good news. #journalistquote

1 Like

So - one week to the next mythic. Is it still Euryali? Same spell, stats, traits? Thanks in advance!

Devour is not the problem. To be able to devour continously is the problem.
40% can even be 0 devour in 4 casts than 4 devours in 4 casts… Devour should be restrained by a condition (like the Type-devourers and Wulfgarok) and not a probability. Or, like Maw, with a one-shot spell, so you can devour only once.

The Urskaya’s mythic will be released in October. His spell can devour 2 troops:

I can already see players complaining about the double devour happening too much often…

9 Likes

Hey zoo! Good to see you. I haven’t seen you around as much.

These spoiler images fan-assembled from game files, and UNOFFICIAL

REMINDER: All future troop details are subject to change at any time. (Retrieved 2017-07-31)

Warhawk
Common / Leonis Empire / Beast
Spell: Bind Prey (9 Red) - Deal [Magic+4] damage to an enemy. If they have Hunter’s Mark deal 10 more damage and gain an extra turn.
Traits: Focus - Deal double Skull damage vs. enemies with Hunter’s Mark. / Swift / Agile
Requires: Minor Fire, Arcane Rage Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 16; Life - 21; Armor - 13; Magic - 12 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: Don’t call him Rex.
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-08-07).

Falconer
Ultra-Rare / Leonis Empire / Beast Human
Spell: Seek (11 Green/Yellow) - Hunter’s Mark an enemy. Summon a Warhawk and create 7 Red Gems.
Traits: Beast Bond / Fast / Fire Link
Requires: Minor Wind, Arcane Light Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 19; Life - 22; Armor - 13; Magic - 13 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: She’s pretty talon-ted
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-08-07).

13 Likes

Thanks @yonizaf nice work as always.

And a cool pair of troops. I do like a nice pair.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Any new images for Euryali?

11 Likes

Focus - so this is actually x4 damage, as you already get x2 from the mark.

Still a little bummed about the ‘mythic’ trait…

4 Likes

Ooh Matron!

For me this is the most interesting set of troops that go together since the villager/werewolf combo

1 Like

You forget:

• Corrupt Sorceress
  • Remnant

They are also a nice pair. :wink:

2 Likes

But what about the Remnant?

3 Likes

The artwork for the Falconer doesn’t look that good, and she also looks more like a Stryx. Cool abilities, though. I really like the synergy between falconer and warhawk.

1 Like

With this being dwarf week, I was disappointed they didn’t rework Stonehammer’s abilities/traits. In fact, most of the older dwarf units could use a rework, like they did with orcs.

5 Likes

There’s a good team with him now at least