(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

May I ask what your avatar is about?

3 Likes

Event chests are always Kingdom based, so new mythic or not, event chests contain Kingdom centric mythics.

It’s a picture of my son who fell asleep in the bathtub run through google dep dream.

“Deep dream”

Looks like we might have new images for the upcoming mythic…

14 Likes

So Ol’ Spiky Bear is probably going to be the Legendary for the Urska kingdom then. Wonder how long that’ll be…

1 Like

Could also be a future legendary for Maugrim Woods or Glacial Peaks. It should just :bear:-ly fit.

1 Like

Looks like Jotnar Stormshield went from bear-chested to bare-chested.

12 Likes

Yah, kinda’ wondering about that considering the shot I’d seen earlier of Jotnar. :slight_smile:

Jarl seems to me more Mythic that this guy…

1 Like

Totally agree.

My guess is that it has to do with Jarl being a very early (if not one of the original) Stormheim troops. The devs would have made the legendary artwork for the early troops a lot more imposing and impressive due to the fact that there would have been no plans for any higher rarities at that time, and they wanted impressive artwork to help sell the game to players. And they can’t really go back and redo the artwork for Jarl to make him less mythic, but it creates the problem where it’s also hard to top the artwork with any new cards, regardless of their intended rarity.

1 Like

My guess is that they realised that the Bear didn’t fit well a Stormheim Mythic troop at the last minute and “improvise” this visual. Or as you said, they took an old visual that they made.

Whatever, Stormheim is somewhat a viking country with Giants and Valkyrie why we have of half-naked Zeus-like giant? I want a giant with a spiked armor and wings. That’s not the definiton of a Mythic troop? ← I’m joking.
Put back the Bear it fits better the viking theme :stuck_out_tongue: .

2 Likes

Though we do have Zepheros as a Zeus like giant already…

I think we need the bear to have the shield and thunderbolts, and he’ll be fine! :smiley:

(also Nim did mention about who/what the bear actually was:

)

1 Like

In fact, my issue with Zeus-like giant, it’s more the greek part of this kind of divinity: half-naked gods that prefer wine than sword. Stormheim should have a warrior-type god and Zephyros was not so much. This one looks like Zeus in the Walt Disney movie… :stuck_out_tongue:
Do you really think that the Berserker could be a fanboy of this old guy?

1 Like

I think Berserker actually has a soft heart and likes to bake cupcakes on his days off and give them out to the neighborhood children.

2 Likes

Maybe he’s an angry drunk? For all we know, the image was drawn on one of his good days.

Reminder me of Neptune…

That’s not Neptune at all. That looks a lot more like Borealis

Zepheros could use a buff.
With a name that rhymes with Sephiroth, it’s almost a crime for him to be as lame as he is now…