One last attempt: 2 moves in one turn has to go!

@Dan_ozzzy189 i agree it happen but not in every battle, i mean game is not broken cause it happen 1/10.

I think the problem is more frequent in GW cause of the color restriction, in normal pvp i don’t see it so often

2 Likes

I doubt it will ever be so bad that I will come and whine on these boards. I also like challenging games. If I don’t like the new CPU I quit, but I doubt I will ever do that. I watched Strats video, its not much differently from PC/Mobile, so I do not really fear the new CPU. More challenging and a little more cascades for CPU? There will be, but not as bad as we have been told by some console players, Strats video told us so.

So now we’re whining because we post about something that in our opinion is ruing the game?

Man, you really got an attitude problem.

2 Likes

There’s challenging and there’s taking the piss.
I agree with you, but go and spend a few hours playing the PS version and tell me it’s OK! It’s not.
It all went tits up when we got defence sliders.
I very rarely moan about it but to say it’s normal without actually experiencing these 7 gem drops of the same colour is just folly.

I used the word whining because English is not my native language and I don’t know other words in this case. Sorry that it offended you tho.

2 Likes

OK guys, remember that some words may not be intended to be rude but sound it because of language etc.

2 Likes

There has been console players telling us that the CPU is okay. Why should I not be one of them?
I could like the new CPU or I could not like the CPU. Strats video shows me that I will most probably like it tho.

Lol not offended here no worry everyone can express his opinion and it’s fine

Too bad i don’t speak english very well cause i would stream all night and people could make their own judgement

3 Likes

@Rickygervais you do not need to speech at all when you are streaming, I would be more than happy to see another 30min-1 hour video of game play.

3 Likes

Alright let me check what i can do i might have to use twitch im on xbox

2 Likes

This is a match 3 game, for Morthani’s sake!

GoW combines strategy with luck, just like most modern games. By using strategy you can modify odds, but in the end rngesus is the boss here.

It feels really funny when someone that claims to have been playing the game for some time says that sometimes the AI has more luck than them. Of course it does, that’s why it’s called luck in first place!

And yet, I’m completely positive that EVERYONE that is posting here has refilled TDS in a single cast multiple times, with extra turn included; and that NOONE here has less than a 60% win rate. But as someone said, we tend to forget this.

I honestly don’t want to be rude here, but if luck bursts really get you mad, you should consider playing other more skill-oriented games. GoW, just like black jack, sometimes doesn’t feel fair; and that is part of the game.

1 Like

Ok i will make a test

The adress is

So im going to do pvp and sorry if i don’t talk and it’s boring but at least it will give you idea of console AI.

2 Likes

thanks! :slight_smile:

If AI looping is really frustrating for you, I suggest a freeze team. Freezing the right troop will stop most loops.
Also, try out some troop that gain stats when the enemy cast spells.
We all have things that ruin our fun. Me, it’s Devour, so I always use 1 Impervious troop at least, and troop summoning.
If Multiple turn annoys you, use freeze

1 Like

That will help against teams that play on looping, the issue here is that the AI actually doesn’t make multiple moves. He makes one move, and then stuff just keeps falling and matching.

But yes, playing with a freeze team against looping teams is a great strategy for sure!

1 Like

Are some people not reading this part?
EXPLODE A FULL COLUMN AND EVERY SINGLE GEM IS THE SAME COLOUR OR A SKULL APART FROM THE LAST ONE
I totally understand and take on board what people defending console ai without playing it are trying to tell us, but you’re totally ignoring the paragraph in capital letters. There’s an issue somewhere.
It doesn’t happen all the time but it happens far too often for the majority. Guild chat, global chat and to a lesser extent, on the forum. I bet less than 10%of the ps4 player base don’t even know about the forum. (guesstimate obviously)
Daniel

2 Likes

His matches are gems within the board already. The ai got literally 3 straight 6 gem matches to fall in the exact same spot.

Lol the odds on that are insane

People should watch the video @Mad_Butch posted again. What happens at 0:30+ with the first column does look pretty broken, and i mean broken in a literal way, like the rng gem refresh stopped working there.
If something like that is really a common sight on consoles and not just a freak occurrence then i think people have the right to complain.

4 Likes

That’s the thing. We know it happens. PC players say it happens sometimes too. It is impossible for any human to conclusively prove that it happens MORE on console than it does on PC/Mobile, but some players that play both say it does. That’s all I have to go on. However, in my 17 months and 1050 levels of play, I don’t think I’ve ever seen what happened in that video - to that degree - happen for or against me. I see a single string of a colour drop in sometimes, and I see ridiculous cascades sometimes, but never 3 or 4 strings of solid colours dropping like that.

People get really fired up about this and tend to exaggerate when they’re upset, but in two hours of streaming yesterday, I didn’t see anything that was remotely goofy, so it isn’t like it happens constantly. That being said, my wife was absolutely robbed in GW yesterday. Playing against a Gorg/famine/TDS/Famine team. She makes a single move and there is nothing dangerous on the board. AI makes a simple match-3 that cascades 8 times, completely filling their first 3 troops. No chance after that, no matter what falls in her favour. I honestly don’t know what to think about this sometimes.

4 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if it occurs more during guild wars battles then normal PvP then…
Doesn’t make sense, but I don’t recall it happening to me during any ranked PvP battle, while I saw it once or twice a day during GW battles. Same goes for my brother in law (PS4), since he still plays, I’ll ask him to keep an eye out to see if it happens during ranked PvP as well.

1 Like