It's Back! Flash Labour Day Weekend Gem Sale!

Oh and one more ugh moment the chests don’t shake anymore lol. That’s how I opened chests when they shook really hard like something was trying to break out. I always felt it improved my odds lol, even if it didn’t lol. Hmm I didn’t get a mythic this time and usually I would get one from the most 100 VIP keys on top of all the others.

Exactly this. I paid for the ability to open VIP chests and gem earnings are now so castrated that I don’t know how I’m actually supposed to do this, and I refuse to buy these severely overpriced gem packs. If it were this much of a pain to earn gems when I first started playing, I would have never bought up to this point. (I’m VIP 6.) I’m greatly disheartened by the changes so far.

I’m done spending too until players are able to earn raw gems at a reliable rate via guild tasks/LTs again.

6 Likes

i vote for the 24 pack of beer :beers:

Agreed, I’ve been playing this game for about a year or so (also at vip 10 on my main account) I can’t recall one single improvement that hasn’t been either nerfed shortly after going live or took away previous benefits. Never gotten a mythic from vip, a few legendary cards that’s it. For the amount of time money and effort put into this game is it really to unreasonable to expect more?

GOW has gone from a game I played 90% of the time down to 75% and over these last four or five months has now trickled down to 10% of the time. Depending on how things go, it may wind up being a game I log into once a day to collect daily rewards from and retreat, waiting for better times to come.

I can appreciate it’s not necessarily the developer’s fault, that some of the blame can and possibly should be attributed to the distributors. Thing is we don’t actually know untimely whom we should be pointing a finger at and blaming, best we can do is spill our grievances out to the developers and hope our complaints get heard by the individuals responsible.

5 Likes

As I’ve always understood the VIP Chest, it’s there to entice players to spend then reward those payers with more bang for their buck for additional spending.

Regardless, it actually irritates me to see people argue that they’re entitled to this or that because they spent money. It’s a huge problem in the gaming industry in particular and I find it really obnoxious. I’m fine with complaining, and I do it too, but the entitlement annoys me.

1 Like

Following this logic further… if we took that $3,000.00 and spent it on some $49 games we could get 61 new games. On a decent average of 100 hours of game play per game you’re looking at 6,100 hours in game play, that should be enough to keep the majority of gaming nuts happy for some time to come.

Add into that the fact that you can get a lot of good games for well under that price and while the starting price of many games is $60 no one says you have to buy it right away. In some games you get well over 100 hours of game play (I’m over an hour in Stardew Valley, got pre-owned for $19. still having fun, see at least 2 more hours of fun in it) Then, there’s also the verity factor, after cutting down on my gow play and branching out, I almost for got how fun it was to play other games in different genres.

I’ve done this exact same thing. I may play GoW on Monday to get to level 1 and then the rest of the week I do guild wars and now Dungeons. For a game I used to play everyday the appeal has gone. I can easily buy a $10 game off Steam that entertains me for weeks as I have limited time to play games.

1 Like

It’s super rare I get 100 hrs out of a game. Honestly, Gems of War is the only one I can think of in recent memory. Witcher 3, Skyrim, Horizon: Zero Dawn… all under 100 hours. And those are the biggest games I can think of. It’s actually quite rare for a game to provide even 40 hrs.

I don’t disagree you can pick up great indies for cheap during Steam sales, but I still don’t think the math is in their favor. Most of those games are lucky to be 20 hrs and a lot are 5-10.

A lot of it is down to personal choice, I don’t get 100 hrs out of every game I pick up but I at least get enough out of it to make it worth while and others I get well over 100 hrs. Occasionally, I pick up one that complacently bombs and you’ve just got to learn and move on. So, I figured 100 was a decent average but I can respect that model still won’t fit everyone.

As for Steam, I’ve only picked up a few titles that way (not a big pc gamer) and it looks to me so long as you’re careful to check around for reviews and such you can pick up some pretty decent games that way. I will agree that I’ve looked into a few that didn’t seem worth while but, the few I did get I’m quite happy with. again, it’s a personal thing.

Hopefully, GOW will settle back down into the game we fell in love with. Until then, you can’t blame people for branching out if they can find some other games to entertain themselves with.

Just going to add this here, too.

Gems have been removed from LTs, at least for now.

You’ve now posted this in like 3 separate threads. Can you stop spamming the same post everywhere?

I posted in relevant threads, and as you indicated it was only three of them. I don’t plan on “spamming”.

3 Likes

It’s a pretty big deal, I’d have done the same.

3 Likes