It's Back! Flash Labour Day Weekend Gem Sale!

Everyone that’s grinding for obscene amounts of Gold is converting that gold into Legendary Tasks. LTs give Gems/Gem Keys. Everyone that is doing that is also playing on 4x.

And, yes, it absolutely means you can do Explore grinding faster, which means more Arcanes more quickly.

But naturally everyone only calls out downsides. I don’t know why anyone expected 4x speed without some sort of trade-off. It clearly is a huge inflation to gold gain rates. People think they’re just gonna let that slide forever?

3 Likes

And what do you want the gems for?

Gold? 4x
Souls? 4x
traitstones? 4x
Glory? Nope, not glory … But glory 4x too.
New troops? Not 4x but … Crafting!

All in all, I think things are pretty balanced.

5 Likes

Gems for gold? Who in their right mind does that? Or gems for souls, that’s just stupid.
Gems are for opening chests. Vip and gem. Nothing more. As a paying customer why should I have that taken from me? 4x speed does NOT give me more gems.

4 Likes

As i have stated before… the hook is to open VIP Chests that are meant to offer more chances to gain a mythic, in my case i want a Famine.

Also, they advertise the fact that in being a VIP member, you gain the option to open VIP chests. Ok, so that is still an option, however at a lesser rate as they have taken Gems away from us.

That is what Microsoft WILL listen to.

1 Like

Gems mate not trait stones…

So new troops I guess. Crafting it is.

I’m going to get serious here.

Maybe this is because of my job experience as an IT support, but I’m really sick of this kind of thought. Being a paying customer grants you the right to get what you bought, nothing more, nothing less. You are not the devs’ owner or their boss, and for sure you have no rights over ANYTHING that happens after your initial purchase.

Of course you have the right to complaint, and you are encouraged to use it on a constructive way to improve the product. But in NO WAY having purchased and enjoyed something gives you any more rights than a new customer (or free player in this specific case).

You have no lifetime guarantee of nothing changing after your purchase. Please, get over it.

5 Likes

No, you’re wrong, I’ve got two ps accounts, one vip 5 and one 6. I use gems to open vip chests which I’ve paid for access to. Now I’m having my access restricted by having guild tasks nerfed, daily tasks nerfed and legendary tasks nerfed. All those payout gems. All of those are getting nerfed on console like the pc yesterday. So I have every bloody right to be frigging pissed off actually. Don’t tell me that I haven’t.

3 Likes

Yes, i have to agree you are correct in what you have said. I have enjoyed my purchases and do not regret going VIP and i dont for one minute feel i have the right to a 100% refund on all purchases.

BUT… they have still reduced my right to open VIP chests by nerfing my guild task Gems rewards.

If they are peed because players/guilds are completing too many LTs, then UP the cost of the LTs, NOT nerf the original guild task.

We complete the original guild tasks every week for the stat bonuses also as a team to compete in PVP.

4 Likes

Now THIS is constructive feedback. I agree 100% with you, I think upping the costs is a more natural move than reducing the rewards.

By the way, if you want a Famine … Look at the soulforge, maybe it’s easier to craft than to find in chests.

1 Like

You all realize there’s no difference between upping the costs and lowering the rewards, right?

Actually there is a difference because it’s, if I’m correct, the LTs should be cost more and not the normal guild tasks being downgraded, because the reduced rewards for the Guild tasks affect more people than the LTs do and the LTs were the real target.
That being said I have no clue if I am right about what I said above but that is my hypothesis.

This is 100% correct, and getting more correct each time a new mythic is released. The odds of getting any mythic at all are extremely low, and to hope for a specific mythic from chests (outside of an exclusive week or when you can target with event chests) is beyond hope. For apocalypse troops (who will never again have an exclusive week or kingdom event), crafting is the only realistic possibility now.

1 Like

I really liked @strat’s idea of keeping the Legendary task rewards the same, but increasing the cost for each LT completed. For example, the second would cost 1.1M, the third would cost 1.2M, etc. (I’d probably increase the cost more rapidly). This would reign in the mega-guilds from cashing in quite so many LT’s but still keep them in the aspirational range for guilds that can only manage a couple every week or only finish all regular guild tasks occasionally. As it is, when my guild does it’s scheduled push week in 2 weeks, we’re very unlikely to want to complete any LT’s at all.

5 Likes

A big reason why lowering the payout versus raising the cost this matters is that tasks (currently) pretty sharply have diminishing returns. Your 100k doesn’t buy you as much when your guild has already kicked in 5 mil total as it would have with 4 mil total. Lowering the payouts because people are getting more gold has more people progressing further into the parts of the rewards that pay out even less relative to the gold you put in. They get less for their gold on the tasks they already would have completed, and even less on the ones they are now completing. They have also shifted some of the rewards from lower task levels onto higher ones - same potential problem, even worse now. At the end of the day, you could very well be left with less stuff that is actually relevant even if you kicked in much more gold. Still reserving judgement fully for next week when we get to see all the task numbers and I can give a full analysis on them.

The other reason is that they didn’t just lower the rewards by a static percent. They lowered the “gem value” of the reward, while also attributing some “gem value” to things other than gems which have inherently less value to most people, and MUCH less to some (particularly, VIP5). I’ve been following the other topic, and gems in LTs are exceedingly rare now, almost nonexistent. Again, next week to see how badly Guild Tasks were hit in this regard, but I’ll be sure to run the numbers then.

2 Likes

@Mithran

I disagree, based on this comment.

Emphasis mine - to me this clearly sounds like the $5 diamond pack, since beyond the 50 per day you can’t exchange gems for diamonds (and the $5 daily gems only gives you 15 per day, not 50).

It is of course still entirely possible that I am wrong, and if that’s the case, I apologize in advance. I just wanted to demonstrate why I formed my response as I did.

3 Likes

Free cheese! Get your free cheese to go with your whine…
Just kidding folks, thought this thread to use some lame humor to lighten things up a bit.
I can understand why a lot of folks are upset, but I do think a couple things need to be kept in mind. First off, in my opinion the ability to craft a specific mythic that i want instead of opening thousands of chests in vain is a vast improvement. Since for me personally it seems like the mythics are currently being handed out by the soup nazi " NO mythic for you…"
Secondly, remember this is a pretty big update and there are bound to be adjustments coming. Especially if there is enough constructive criticism/suggestions.
My last point is a lot of the things people are attributing to the devs are actually decisions made by distributors not the game developers.
While i get frustrated as much as anyone at times, I just wanted to say I still love this game and appreciate all the hard work the actual game developers put in.

3 Likes

"This is a long-standing argument. If you think about it in terms of amount of engagement then it really changes the formula.

A cup of coffee at Starbucks is $5 and lasts maybe 15 minutes. A movie costs $15 and is maybe 2 hours. AAA games cost $60 and is maybe 40 hours. Gems is free and I’ve probably got 2,000 hours. Should I feel okay spending $3,000? $15,000? $40,000? That’s the equivalent you’ll comfortably spend elsewhere if we’re talking about the time vs money ratio."

Ok, so let me take it the way you want it. It would be SOMEWHAT comparable if you went to the cinema and what is being displayed was a guy running in circles for 2 hours. Sometimes it would be a guy, sometimes a girl, sometimes a little child or a cute puppy. But it’s not (usually). That you got 2000 hours from the game speaks more about you than the value of the game.

You want to compare games? You can get Witcher 3 GOTY right now for $49.99 (full price). For this you get over 100 hours of gripping story with humor, suspense, great dialog and well rendered world. For the same $49.99 you can get whooping 910 gems that gives you over 101 gem keys which if you are playing for more than a couple of months equals to 101 units that you can’t do anything with other than disenchant. If you think that the two are comparable…ok.

I get that it’s your prerogative to burn the money any way you want to but many do not agree with it.

4 Likes

It’s greed pure and simple! You got sold VIP access and now they are wanting you to pay for it again! I don’t know how much money they want you to spend on a damn game! Top games are $60 unless they are on sale and even if you buy season pass it costs $100 at most! VIP 10 is somewhere around $1000 I guess! My question is how much more $$$$$$$$$$$$$ do these people want you to drop? They should go in opposite direction trying to get more people to be VIP by giving weekly VIP keys to people that are VIP! Get rid of the glory daily nonsense! If yo are 10 you would get 10 VIP keys at reset and if you are 5 you get 5! This would probably get people that are at 5 to maybe go spend the extra to get to 10! But they want to do silly flash sales on gems they just took away!

4 Likes

I know my time with GoW is about done and I have supported the developers the whole way to VIP 10. My play time dropped and it’s like every change offers an increased benefit for a small duration than they nerf it. DK Armor to get more gold for tasks, tasks nerfed. Faster games and more gold, tasks nerfed again. Who pays a million gold for a couple gem/glory/event keys. Give a way to create mythics and nerf gems again, not to mention the fact that it takes 6 months to a year. This game has always had overpriced packs, do they sell sure. But how much more would they sell if they cut the price in half. I know I am sick and tired of paying for bonuses and having them nerfed a few months later. I have played since the beginning and I think it’s time to move on, It’s more an annoyance than anything. Plus they make mythics so hard to get…the mythics suck. They block colors cost more than legendary counterparts. It’d be one thing if they actually felt mythic. Usually when I see a preview I’m like yes this is why I stick with it, and then they screw it up. If you make Soul Forge take a year to reap any “real” benefits from its not a good addition. Did I expect it to be easy , no. Did I expect it to take a 6 months to a year to actually use it for a single mythic…no and why bother. Plus they give Dungeons range are you kidding me. Will I continue to play, maybe but not at the levels I have. This has become the game I kill a few minutes playing instead of actually playing. Will I pay for that, no.

4 Likes

I am not at 4x. I’ve doubled my gold by tributes (which have also gone down), 3 trophy and weekly Events that give out 500+ gold extra for battle.

Everyone IS NOT playing on 4x.

3 Likes