I propose we boycott spending cash until

41175 was mine, yours?

1 Like

35815, way better then me

I blew all my likes again

1 Like

Some in our guild has 42k+. I consider that great.

1 Like

Well thank you guys… Idk if i am one of thw best players in this game… There are so many very good players that to be consudered among them is a real honor

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you are right. But i will also say if you really play the game then you know that there are cards to actually counter the loop teams as well. This game is really not that hard but people sure make out harder then it is. Here’s a hint, knock out justice and you might succeed in beating this team.

Yayyyy we’re going off derails on a gravy train!

Question for the Masters, please? I keep hearing about loop teams, but not sure if I grasp the fundamentals of the strategy, or even what cards to use. Not big on PvP, mostly because I’m generally flying by the seat of my pants.

Any help, oh Wise Ones will be deeply appreciated!

1 Like

A loop team is one where you you two or more troops that create mana for each other in a predictable or repeatable way. This tends to either allow you to power up other troops or kill the opponent with secondary effects.

A couple common examples are:

1: Green Seer, Giant Spider, Kraken, Kraken. In this case, Green Seer makes green to power up Giant Spider. Giant Spider makes Purple to power up Green Seer. Every time you make a 4 or 5 match, both Krakens activate their third trait doing 3 points damage to all opponents. Also, any excess mana spills over to gradually fill up the Krakens which you can cast if you get stuck in your loop, which creates a bunch of blue and might fill Giant Spider again. If you are smart about choosing which color to transform with the first two troops, you can keep going back and forth until all opponents are dead.
2. Hellcat, Alchemist, something, something (Goblin Rocket, Moloch, Gard’s Avatar, Desdaemona are popular choices). Same idea as #1, except you’re making Red and Yellow to loop between the first two troops while also filling up your 3rd and 4th troop. Hellcat does damage to a random enemy every time he casts. Depending which Red/Yellow troops you have at the back, you get different effects and tactics, but it is all powered by the first two troops looping.

You can also get some “self-looping” troops that create gems of a colour that they use, but these tend to be unreliable. Some examples are Guild Guardians, Jarl, Lady Anariel, Webspinner, etc.

Does that help?

1 Like

Very much so! Confirmed my suspicion too. I guess the challenge is figuring out the best cards with a limited attention span because ooohhh shiny! Carefully puzzled out train of thought derailed like this thread! :laughing:

Justice comes up frequently, where does he fit in, if I may?

1 Like

Justice is sort of a special case. The main meta team on console right now is Kraken, Valk, Justice, Mab.

With that one, once kraken, Valk or justice fills up, you can cast and they all create or transform into blue. If you have 13 blue on the board, Mab can get an extra turn on her cast. There is a bit of luck with either Kraken or Justice because you can’t predict which gems will turn blue, but if you’ve already made a few matches, Mab has probably frozen some or all of your opponents. Every cast is triggering Justice’s trait to boost life and attack on the rest of your troops, so once things get rolling, it almost can’t be stopped.

This team is really effective for invade and the console AI plays it almost as well as a human could, so that’s why we complain about it. One lucky red or yellow drop can fill Valk and the game is essentially over.

2 Likes

Missing mab and Valk, but probably have enough for some of those other combos! Thanks so much for the strategy lessons! Any feedback is welcome. :sunny:

1 Like

If you like the looping style, just watch out for troops like Mab that inflict frozen as that will stop you cold (no pun intended). There is at least one troop that will transform gems to a particular color, so there are lots of options (Alchemist, Valkyrie, Giant Spider, Green Seer, Apothecary, Hellcat).

1 Like

Wondered what all the commotion in here was, but seems like the recent posts have nothing to do with the stated topic, so a waste of time. I don’t think the community guidelines has an “unless you think it’s nonsense” exception, although I’ll leave that for @Saltypatra or @Ozball to figure out (when they wake up). But personally I hope that I can go back to picking which topics to read based on their stated topics, since I don’t have time to check every thread.

Dude… Really?

Are you a mod? If you dont have time to check every thread for ppl misbehaving then dont…

1 Like

I believe Beanie was more referring deciding which topics to read based on thread titles and new replies, rather than misbehaving.

That aside, can people keep discussion in this thread on topic. If the discussion has reached a conclusion, it doesn’t mean it’s free reign to derail it into other topics. Just let it sink into the depths of the forums. New topics should be discussed in new threads.

3 Likes

I umderstand what you are saying brudda but i would counter with this:

Nobody deliberately derailed this thread. The conversation started on topic and slowely evolved and @Santandrix’s comment was in jest. The only person who broke any forum guidelines is the op by using swear words on at least one occasion.

I just wonder why nobody noticed that and called you or salty to report it but someone makes a joke and alarms go off for certain people…

It kind of goes back to the other day too… One person breaks the rules and nobody says anything but i do something that isnt even against the guidelines and ppl are up in arms… To be fair salty said she would pm those involved and i trust she followed thru but thats beside the point.

All i am saying is calling for mods in response to rule breaking is fine as long as it is done equally for everyone. This instance feels like @beanie42 has an axe to grind and thus ignored the op’s swearing to report a joke…

Just so everyone knows where I (and us mods/admins!) stand, I’d really like for us to not derail threads moving foward. If the conversation has come to its natural conclusion, let the thread get swallowed by oblivion.

Want to talk about something else? Make a new thread!

3 Likes

Nope, as @Ozball mentioned I just like to scan the topics and pick what to read, expecting it to be as advertised. No ax to grind, and if it were a more blatant issue or a bunch of trolls, then I’d just click the flag button to report it. I don’t see any point trying to reason with those types of people, since they don’t care anyway, so there’s no point. But when it’s veteran forum members, and people I feel I have a rapport with, I don’t mind posting more directly or PM’ing, since I assume it’s not malicious (just a bit annoying). If you’d prefer me to just flag stuff rather than post though, no problem.

1 Like

Duly noted and understood. I apologize for any monkey business that I have contributed to.

1 Like