I don't like the GW point system

I can totally relate to te original post. But I find the whole GW-thing relatively boring. Everyone in your guild will use almost the same teams. Every week. Where is the fun in that? And bonusses from guild statue levels? What a stupid idea is that?. I won all my GW-fights the first day and it wasn’t even very hard, despite beeing in the second bracket. For me GW is a totally waste and I don’t need a game to get my adrenalin pumping. I wasn’t expecting much but after the first day I’m even more annoyed then before.

1 Like

It’s not just a bad idea, Death Curse is IMHO the worst idea in the game so far. The only thing that’s close is the actual deathmark mechanic. This mechanic and trait make strategy in the game meaningless. It’s all about RNG luck now… :frowning:

5 Likes

It is indeed a big issue. I lost the first battle of the yellow war yesterday :blush: to a deathcurse that wiped out half my troops on the first turn. This made it impossible for me to get a decent score (as winning the fifth battle is worth about 1/3 of the final score). That certainly took quite a bit of fun out of the GW experience for me…

It’s 1/2, actually. 50+100+200+400=750. and all bonuses (living troops etc.) scale accordingly. max points in top guilds are 4410 for the last battle, 8820 for a perfect run.

3 Likes

Different GW grumble:

Many ‘top’ guilds (like us in MatchMasters) offer a home to low level (200-500 ish) but committed players, allowing them to enjoy the rewards as long as their activity levels hit the minimum levels. These same low level ‘up and coming’ players have very little chance of contributing to our GW score, given far lower stats and restricted troop / team choice.

In MM currently we have at least five members in this position, so our scores are immediately hampered. No criticism of those guys, and some have done brilliantly, but some have struggled so far and sound unhappy about it, plus may be worried they are letting the guild down. I don’t know how many players in the most competitive guilds like Intrim and Anonymous are in that boat - my instinct is far fewer, as it sounds like it wouldn’t meet their model (to be clear, not trying to be accusative or critical to those guilds, I do not know their make-up or preferences, I am only guessing from activity levels I have seen).

Thus GW really discourages offering that place to lower level players and helping them out…

14 Likes

It’s really not helping those who don’t have fully traited 20th level mythics to go up against folks who have death, famine, war, bone dragon and a few other heavy weights that are showing up more frequently in the defense teams.

And then you have the folks who are feeling like me, I didn’t get a choice, was put in an upper group, only because I do a lot of farming and play at warlord 3 which gets a LOT of XP. I may be 700+ level, but I am really a just broke over 500 mythic if that… I don’t even have Bone dragon at Mythic or fully traited. But I am using him as best I can.

3 Likes

I’d be happy if Spirit Fox had fast instead.

2 Likes

so i’m in the ‘enjoy it’ camp. but i can see how it can affect the enjoyment of others.

i think you just need to put things into perspective, poo happens and will/could happen to everyone.

i like the added pressure, it’s been a while since i felt the excitement of winning or losing.

7 Likes

This. This is my main enjoyment out of GW. The battles are so much more nerve wracking again. Sure I just lost a paragon fight to Gog and Gud picking the wrong spell twice in a row… but that’s RNG. shrugs

4 Likes

Maybe it is time to redefine your guilds purpose then and find pride in that…
I mean the basic idea for introducing Guild Wars was to have something that rewards something other than simply the maximum amount of players in a guild slaving away on their weekly trophy work to establish their position in the field.
If anything this is Guild Wars greatest failure as how it tried but failed to actually change enough if anything at all about that basic structure of the game.
The slave away guilds will still be up on top, the Sentinel bonuses make sure of that, maybe there will be minor reordering among themselves compared to the trophy leaderboard but nothing that really matters in a general sense.
The upward stream of players for the top guilds for them to always at any point have 30 Players willing (or feeling forced enough) to do their requirements will never seize, there is no structural incentive for guild loyalty in this game. You want the shiny reward stuff? Continue to trade up by hopping guilds and Guild Wars just amplifies this concept.

As it stands the game will never reward you for being anything other than a drone guild, so maybe it is time to find reward for yourself and your own perception of your guilds purpose by following another concept with pride. Hundreds of mid to low Tier guilds already do that, join the party.

3 Likes

That’s because the events were implemented poorly for a meta changer.

I’m still so frustrated because the BEST tool is in the game to really shake up the meta! We have +% star bonuses for specific troop types and the option to help other players out, but we don’t have a specific event for defending. If we had one additional event that gave rewards for switching the defense team to something nonmeta (heck split it with the rewards for the quest like thing we do now just so we aren’t getting any extra if necessary)… the results will be positive.

People tend to gravitate towards rewards and pick the most annoying teams because we are rewarded to do it.

Reward players for switching it up and using other teams and they will do it.

I switch my defense team weekly using buffed troops or troops that help complete the quest event.

5 Likes

Does anyone know why these sentinel bonuses are done as they are, and why not everyone just gets like 50% bonus?

Is it done specifically to give top guilds an edge, if so why?

Top players already have most of the great cards (x4) fully traited and max level.
Isn’t that already advantage enough?

2 Likes

I don’t know why the sentinel scaling was done as it has been, but I don’t feel this (the fully traited mythic troops) is that huge an advantage. I’ve stomped all over fully traited mythic teams, and I’m only level 357 or so. With the AI as it is, it comes down more to strategy and how you play, than flat card rarity and traits.

Also you’re confusing Top Guilds with Top Players. As @Jainus mentioned further up, some of the top guilds get in lower level players as long as they’re able to meet the requirements. So not everyone with the high colour bonuses will have the troops to give them advantages.

3 Likes

I think what @Mad_Butch is talking about tho is like if you watxh tacets video about day 1 guild war the 80% bonus for each color allows his guild to earn about 8000 points per fight.

This 80% is based on mastery levels for the guild so if lets say Gems of the Ostfront was to work its way up to the top few brackets for instance… We get 39%-42% bonus depending on the color.

That already eliminates us from being able to compete before the wars have even started. We could get 30 perfect runs and still have no chance.

That is my only complaint about GW thus far

5 Likes

I can’t speak for the devs, but i guess that rewarding people for using certain troops in defense is literally giving them rewards for doing nothing as you don’t need to play with those troops, just field them. Then we would end up with people competing to provide the most “atractive team” to beat so they would reap more rewards… I’m not saying that they couldn’t try it, but i bet it would fail to provide a good experience as we would end up with a boring-easy Meta…

I think the main problem for the future of GW is how guilds are unable to advance in the brackets considering a few things:

• Your Statues bonus plays a vital role on the limit of points you can earn.
  • Older guilds with statues much more upgraded have a bigger limit.
  • We can’t upgrade the statues as much as we desire on each week.

So the whole problem lies in the fact that there is no realistic way for my guild to reach certain positions unless we assume that people above us will:

• Stop upgrading their statues so we can eventually reach them.
  • Lose nearlly all their battles while we make perfect runs.

About MTG i can’t even… Somehow i can’t honestly believe how they recently created a card in one collection and on that very same collection’s expansion they introduced another card that allows an infinite combo… People are baffled like: “Do they even plan something or what?”

1 Like

Yep. The stated goal of GW was to encourage teamwork and camaraderie. It seems it will end up making the guild hopping problem worse instead, as top guilds stop accepting lower level players and start competing even more than now for the 1% players.

3 Likes

Nicely said. As I said in another thread, until some of the top guilds cease to exist, there’s no room “at the top” for anybody else.

In my rough estimative it would take almost eight months until my guild can max all statues if we complete all tasks every week, by this time the upper brackets on GW will be more and more crowded with little interchange between positions as people would have almost the same points and such…

I wouldn’t put it as “cease to exist”, more like “possible to be challenged”. As the “temporal advantage” is playing a decisive role limiting the scores in this situation, not even with an “Intrim level” of dedication players will be able to ascend faster and conquer the skies…

Some could argue that taking time to be able to achieve things is natural, and i agree, but after a whole year in this game i honestly never felt as powerless as i’m now simply because the score is tied with the Guild’s Statues in a brand new competitve feature where veterans don’t have an advantage they have, simply put, IMMUNITY!!!

And this is also valid for my guild, we can’t even be challenged by lower guilds as they can’t overperform us because of this score… I was honestly expecting something more “Free for All” with brackets being used only as a form to redistribute some rewards and adding more visible mobility to everyone.

1 Like

Idc mate we are first in our bracket with 50k points adantage and we are only at 55% bonus which is 25 less then maximim. I think that the problem isnt as big. Sure we couldn’t beat 80% but anyone at 60-70 would have to fight hard to beat us. Right now we have 285k points so that less only when compared to the guilds that have 80% bonus. Everyone else who has more bonus compared to us has less points.

2 Likes

That’s kind of my argument though - the guilds currently at the top have a massive head start which is only amplified by the further accumulation of wealth via GW.

So for them to become “possible to be challenged” they’d have to basically stop playing. Otherwise, no one will ever catch them.

1 Like