I don't like the GW point system

Guilds on top are already at 80% bonus. Guilds that are not at 80% will only get closer to that number while those guilds won’t further progress so its more of a catching up in some time.

I think it’s a matter of perspective and i wouldn’t disregard the possibility that i’m being a little pessimist if i understood/calculated correctly the angles of this system.

When i mentioned that my guild would need eight more months to reach the 80% bonus on all statues this means that, let’s say, in six months your guild would also max the bonus, and guilds above your guild would take even less and so on…

So assuming that these eight months had passed:

If nothing has changed we have very crowded brackets where guilds will most likely hope that some members of the other guilds lose at least a few battles here and there while pressuring their members to perform perfectly.

Meanwhile the lower guilds will also find some barriers to their progress since at some point they can’t upgrade Guild’s Statues more than anyone else, so they are stuck on some bracket for a looooong time…

Of course, a lot can change during these eight months, we are discussing it in the first place hoping for changes. I don’t feel that the long time/investiment needed to compete in the highest brackets will do any good to the game in the long run, that’s why i said: “I think the main problem for the future of GW is…”

Congrats on that, honestly, but as i explained unless your guild can max your statues faster than anyone else you guys are stuck on this maxed score. It’s good that all your members are skilled enough to reach this, but it sort of becomes a dull achievement as one or two months passes and little changes in this regard.

1 Like

That’s just the bonus though. The bonuses alone aren’t going to create vertical movement through the brackets.

Once the top 2 or 3 brackets get settled, there won’t be any room for up and coming guilds because the guilds already in brackets 1-3 will be constantly moving up and down. For a guild in bracket 20 (for example) to move to bracket 1, a team in bracket 1 would have to fall down pretty far, maybe even to bracket 20.

For that to happen, that guild in bracket 1 would have to basically stop playing. Otherwise, they’re just not going to fall far enough to create room at the top. They have an inherent advantage, battle to battle, because of troops/resources.

Is that how scoring works? Bonus for troops of color left standing? So much for Elspeth…

Yes you gain more points if all troops survive and if they are all of the same color of the day. So i guess Elspeth can even work as she summons another troop instantly leaving you with four troops at end of the battle (probably), but i’m unsure if you will lose points in the end if she summons a knight of another color other than the color of the day.

The colour of the surviving troops doesn’t matter, so if Elspeth summons someone other than the colour of the day, it still counts for the final bonus :slight_smile: Only the colour of the starting troops matters for the colour bonus.

3 Likes

Actually not all guilds in the top bracket are at 80% yet. I’m in Marthos Guardians and we’re at 73-74 %, so even (some of?) those in the top bracket are at a disadvantage for the color bonus compared to superstrong guilds like Intrim and Anonymous…

2 Likes

So Marthos Guardians have 73% bonus and a total of 262k points so far.
Mean Machine had 55% bonus and a total of 302k points so far

You have 18% higher bonus but we have 40k more points? Sentinels are significant but not only factor.

You’ve probably fought more battles than they have

Not a totally fair comparison, since you don’t know how many battles each team has fought and how many are outstanding. But it will be interesting to look at stats at end of week when all the data is in.

Edit: Sniped by @htismaqe and his brevity…

Here’s a thought: What if members can donate souls to level up their statues?

1 Like

Maybe. We also had more points at the the start of the second day.

That would still strongly favor the higher level guilds with higher level members.

There are a couple people in my guild, myself included, that have hundreds of thousands of souls and nothing to spend them on.

In the top 10 guilds, I’m sure that 75% of their members are the same way.

Right, but the statues also have a cap…

1 Like

I don’t have read everything so maybe I am going to repeat what someone else has said.
It seems to me that the number of people taking part in the GW is as crucial, if not more, than the bonuses.

Sirrian said that GW would require that guildies communicate more, and it is true, but we don’t have any better tools for that.
It seems quite complicated to explain how GW works and to share teams and strategies in the guild chat.
More important : for the moment we are down to 29 because someone doesn’t seem to be interested at all in GW. That person is not on Discord with us and we are struggling to get in touch with him.

I am sure that we are not the only guild that has members who are not aware or not interested of GW and won’t take part in it, penalizing thus the whole guild.
So we are faced to a dilemma: how to deal with someone who makes many trophies but isn’t interested in GW?
I am sure there are some people who don’t like GW or are not interested in it, even if they are very active and make many trophies. Will they have to choose between playing like they like or joining a top guild? Because I am pretty sure that all the top guilds will be closed to them.

3 Likes

We had a handfull of players that didn’t play a single match the first day. So that probably contributed to the lower number of points Marthos Guardians had the first day (we still won the first day war though… :slight_smile: )
It’s the first week of so there are bound to be some problems and hickups in all guilds to get everything organized to the best of our abilities… The problem here is communication, which sucks in-game. So we’re forced to use other channels (like discord) but not all members are active there or they don’t check daily). It’s a work in progress… :slight_smile:

Its the same for every guild i believe :slight_smile:
I don’t think we will have more points then you guys in the end. What i wanted to point out is that the difference in statues doesn’t make as huge difference in points. It does make a difference, just to be clear, but not huge.

Same sitation here, we have a member who hasn’t show up since Monday.

And I agree with you.
Skill seems to compensate bonus quite well.

2 Likes

We also have highly active, but semi-casual players in Vn4Ever. They want to enjoy their time climbing to 300+ trophies for the week. It sounds like to them, GWs feels very punitive with the “must win” and “must with with color” pressures.

3 Likes

As others have mentioned, in-game chat sucks, so you will have to use something else to communicate (we use Discord, and it’s great for us). As for some members not bothering to communicate or impossible to get hold of, that seems to indicate they don’t really want to be part of a team. You don’t need to be chatty all the time, but you need to be at least reachable by those running the guild, it’s common courtesy.

As for the fact that some members love guild wars and some don’t want to do it, that is a very real problem. But in my opinion it boils down to the fact that guilds are composed of people with similiar priorities/goals. If playing GW is really important to some and unimportant to others, than they shouldn’t be in the same guild. Sounds harsh, but I don’t see an alternative.

As an example, the guild I’m in is seems to be taking the middle-of-the-road stance. We’re expecting everybody to play and get in their battles, but nobody is required to invest gems, or to spend lots of time figuring out teams (they can just use those discovered by others that we share). We also have a newer player who simply can’t be as competitive as others in our bracket due to his level. I’m sure all of these may cost us ranking in the future, and might even cost us one or two members leaving if they want to be “really serious” with GW, but most of us are more interested in the camraderie and having fun, regardless of the outcome. Nobody in a guild should feel “forced” or “unhappy”, those are signs that either the guild needs to change or the player needs to relocate.

Good luck!

2 Likes