I don't like the GW point system

An idea, based on a similar system at another game I play: allow individual players to opt out of guild wars. While opted out, those players don’t get the rewards earned in the guild wars. And instead of using the total points collected for the ranking, divide the points with the number of players that participated that week.

5 Likes

You would be right… if math wasn’t invented. We are not talking here for 500 or 5000 points. We are at the hundrends of thousands. So just 1% on a 100.000 points is 1000. Per day. Now try a 10%. 10.000. Now translate that to less number of victories needed to still be on top. A full +80% guild could win with 29 members a guild with 30 members but only +70%.
When something is IMPOSSIBLE to overcome, yes it’s not huge. It’s infinite? Giganormous? Stop theorizing with worst case scenarios against best case scenarios. Bottom line is that if everything is equal, the higher guardian team always wins.

2 Likes

Well said. Nothing is equal. We won yesterdays war with 60k point deference. We are winning todays war with 50k points difference. Both guilds have higher bonuses then we do. So once again i’ll say: a difference in bonuses isn’t the end of the world.
4 factors determine results

• activity (the key factor)
  • planing and strategic approach
  • statues levels
  • luck (like anything else).
2 Likes

So even math doesn’t work for you. I guess you are either a run of the mill fanboy and you have to defend everything about this company (even something clearly wrong), it is unfathomable to you that you could be wrong, or you don’t mind being cheated.
In both cases nothing reasonable will come from discussing things further with you.
Just out of curiosity, if I told you that by not having the +% bonus points, your guild would be in the top 3 rank thanks to your and all of your members’ hard work and effort, how would you feel when instead you are in the top 30? (ranks made out of my mind of course but still…). Bet it doesn’t matter right?

Ow my, you joined this forum yesterday and you are already calling people fanboys? Off to a good start. I shall not entitle you to an answer, as you do not deserve any further discussion.

2 Likes

Just answer my question. I won’t reply anymore. I had already said to you that nothing reasonable can come with further communication. I just really want to know how you would feel if the case was like I described.

You forget one important factor:

• your opponent guilds
    And I think it’s the main difference between our points.

If one guild is well-organized and every members in this guild put OP defense teams, this will be a big difference versus a guild vith some/a lot of easy defense teams. Best example is the Paragon defense team that can divide by two points earned. And I assume that higher the bracket you are, higher the probability to be match with a well-organized guild is.

1 Like

That’s what i ment with planing and strategic approach. If you plan and set good defenses you’ll reduce enemy points a lot probably. Also if you plan you’ll have more succes in beating enemy defenses.

That is not entirely true. Points are gained at 2 times:

1. At the start of battle if you use troops of the Color for the day
  2. At the end of battle if you have 4 troops (regardless of color). So summoner troops a useful here if you think you may lose a troop during the battles.
4 Likes

Goddamnit DonBoba! Stealing my alleged Fanboy title? This is so unfair, i’m gonna call the authorities! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for clarifying Nimhain, i answered the best way i could from what i understood of what i saw on the subject, wich wasn’t much, as of late since i haven’t been checking the forums regularly.

2 Likes

We can be fanboys together. Team fanboy ftw.

2 Likes

Well it’s your own fault for playing with those two geniuses!

1 Like

I agree with you. The systems is borked. :wink:

You’re in bracket 3. I’ll be interested to see how well you do if you move up a bracket or 2 next week and come up against some more organized guilds with higher guardian bonuses. Think you’ll beat Anonymous or Intrim by 60k points?

In the meantime, maybe you could consider that just because GW is going well for you right now, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the people who disagree with you are wrong. Math doesn’t lie, even if your ego won’t let you believe it.

9 Likes

i agree, the amount of stress could burn out

i wouldnt be so much stressed over gw if the rewards werent so sharply up on the tiny top and so shaply down short after :frowning2:

my guild is somehow fighting for top #49 (it seems there is hope)

but if in the end it will turn out that our statue bonuses can allow us to only top #150 - to the stress - i will have also added frustration

3 Likes

Yeah. Exclusive troops are a too big carrot so no dedicate player could ignore Guild Wars…

3 Likes

just want to emphasize that card collection (for gw exclusive troops) is far more important for majority of gow players then the pvp competition,
since you made the cards exclusive please make gw more friendly for all those card collectors, not just for pvp oriented ppl which im guessing the gw (and the quote) was directed to

otherwise we will need them craftable which is rather silly considering they are suppose to be exclusive

edit: thanks to @Ozball who reminded me that exclusive troops most probably will end up in guild chests eventually (read discussion below)
therefore gw may be slightly less frustrating for collectors (whic is my guess), and at least to me, in the end

2 Likes

They are only exclusive till the next set of GW cards come out. After that the current ones will get added to Guild Chests.

1 Like

thanks i forgot about that,
guess its like adding event troops to chests after 6 months? instead of 1 month xD

We don’t know how long a cycle will be to be honest. It could be as short as 6 weeks. My guess is maybe 12? (two weeks for each troops in Wars) which would be 3 months.

1 Like