How often are YOU running into the "super lucky" opponents?

@brandonwiker DM is going to receive a minor Nerf moving to T1 from its current T0 when the next update arrives 1-4? Months from now. This will get you a better chance to respond/cleanse the troop.

Devour. Don’t let those troops fill completely, or your going to suffer a bad news coin flip.

There are lots and lots of posts out there if you look detailing how to somewhat mitigate those 2 abilities.

2 Likes

If you see nothing wrong with the AI getting skydrops constantly in a single turn that results in 8 4/5 matches, then you’re part of the problem, frankly.

1 Like

I saw a dead fish on the pavement and thought “what did you expect? There’s no water around stupid you should’ve stayed where it was wet.”

1 Like

It’ll prove different things to different people depending on their outlook on the game. That’s why I mentioned it highlights the problem with the OP nature of the guild chest troops - that entire chain wouldn’t have come about if they had been less powerful.

This is also why I don’t bother saving every single match, because while I personally can and do win a lot of my matches, I still run into the utterly annoying and frustrating crap that makes the game seem like it’s a slog through the AI being super lucky all the time. It’s just that my team is designed to both survive it, and cheese the eff out of it. Hence the two Celestasia (which took me awhile to clue into putting them up top for the barrier) and two Dragon Soul with full traits to allow for ressurrections. Literally, as long as I get 3/4 matches of 3 purple/red gems within the first few turns, most of the time I will win, even against stronger opponents.

The point of my videos is to highlight the inherent problem with the games programming. But if I put up a half hour/hour long stream of what I typically encounter, I’d have to point out every single instance where the AI gets their chains and what not, and I KNOW people would claim it doesn’t matter because “I still won”. So.

Your first video show the AI matching 4x gems already on the board if you didin’t notice it you are the problem frankly

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure fish just magically get the ability to hurl themselves out of bodies of water that are typically very inaccessible to any kind of fish, just to make your weird ass statement somehow seem plausible. -.-

The hell kind of a rebuttal is that? I clearly noticed it, hence why I made a video of it and then decided to post it in here. Think, much?

Its a metaphor pimpin😎

Captain Obvious! How I’ve missed you!

The fact you are using a shitty team against
Gems creator doesn’t mean the AI is cheating. Learn to play and choose team depending of you opponent. What about using mab??

2 Likes

If it was so obvious then why the “witty” retort?

Yeah, here we go, don’t blame the games poor programming/balancing, it’s clearly your fault crazy shit happens in the game because you didn’t use X card!

Who I choose to use or when, or even if I win or lose, is not the effing point.

Oh, was that not obvious, it was a terrible metaphor.

Says you… I think it was perfectly applicable

Clearly. :sleeping:

Things seem to be getting a bit heated in here, but this is one point that we can definitely agree on. Where I continue to disagree with you, is that this has anything to do with luck.

When they upgraded the console AI a few months ago, it made a dramatic difference in how effective the AI was in using these guardian troops. If the person you were invading in the second video had set their defence to favour red and yellow (as I’m sure they did), then every time that Jarl, Courage or Humility casts, it’s going to be flooding the board with red and/or yellow gems. At that point, the only way luck plays into it is if it somehow doesn’t create multiple 4 and 5 matches for them on every cast. With that same battle on PC/Mobile, the AI would be just as likely to choose green or blue with Courage or Humility’s spell as it would be to choose yellow or red, increasing the probability that their turn fizzles and hands the board back to you. I think the difference in the AI is why we seem to see more Guardians on console than they do on PC/Mobile, and it is the reason that I am more cautious about entering a battle when I see a Guardian than I am with any other troop in the game, including Famine. In a way, I kind of agree with @Vangor when he says (in his own way) that might not have been a fight you should have been in in the first place, at least not with the team you took in.

3 Likes

I was just wondering and please everyone feel free to chime in on this but…

Do cheerios taste better with milk or wine?

THANK YOU @Stan!

It makes me feel better to know that my metaphor wasnt lost on everyone😎

2 Likes

Hopefully we can keep this civil and on topic. I’ve found it an enlightening conversation so far, and have enjoyed the input from the different perspectives.

Actually, if you simply post some hour long streams, we can review it ourselves and see what actually happens. You don’t need to “point out every single instance”, the data can speak for itself. Whether you win or lose isn’t the issue, and neither is which team you’re using, at least for what we’ve been discussing. Specifically, the claim being made is that the AI gets significantly more beneficial cascades then a human player. As mentioned a couple hours of video isn’t a huge sample, but it’s significantly more than a couple minute long clips, and should start to show some patterns if they’re as pronounced as is being claimed.

2 Likes

Oh, believe me, I’m well aware that was a poor match up to begin with going into that fight. It was basically either get cascades of purple/red myself and hope my DS’s and the barriers withstood their barrage, or else I was likely toast. But still - a 1 turn KO was a bit preposterous :smiley:

It still plays into luck though. Jarl’s first use of his power created a 5 string of yellow gems. Had there been only 3 matches, that particular bunch of well timed and efficient slew of powers wouldn’t have occurred. Plus, there were still the skydrops randomly in between as well, like the 4 skulls that dropped at one point. So while it’s a less effective video, I still hope that people can see the point in using it.

1 Like