How often are YOU running into the "super lucky" opponents?

The AI in the last CONSOLE update got a small rewrite so that it could hook into the user-settings for mana-preference on defense.
ON PC/Mobile there hasn’t been an AI update/change for many months…
In fact we can’t really update most of the AI without issuing a client update on either version, so any there couldn’t have been a significant change since the previous updates.

As part of that rewrite we tinkered with the priorities of when it would & would NOT select various colors… how much it tried to grief you by taking YOUR colors (we actually toned that down just a little), and it’s chances of taking skulls and aoccasionally passing up a 4/5-of-a-kind. It made it a little more unpredictable, but not really much smarter. It certainly wouldn’t have affected any “luck”.

Now I can vouch for some of the code on PC/Mobile, because I wrote it…
On “Normal” difficulty it cheats in the human’s favor, and makes sure the AI cannot get a “lucky” gem fall (either setting up a cascade of skulls, 4-of-a-kind, etc…) unless the human has already had twice as many of these events.

That same code exists on Consoles, but I am not able to verify if it is actually working. I WILL check with the console team on Monday though, and resond here to let you know.

In no version of the game is there any code that is able to affect the “luck” or “starting board” or anything really, to advantage the AI Player. Except for ONE THING… which I will mention here just for completeness… if ANY team (AI or Human) gets too many turns in a row (more than 5 turns, using a looping team) we decrease the chance of them getting an extra turn to keep the loop going.

9 Likes