How are brackets decided (bug?)

It isn’t the bottom half. For two weeks, the LAST PLACE team in bracket 1 remained while the 5 and 6 teams were demoted.

Like I said, I understand your theory but the actual result just don’t bear it out.

2 Likes

We won 1. That seems to somehow be the answer. One more daily War is worth much more than 3 places worth of points.

2 Likes

That not what the developers said at all. Top 2, and bottom 2 have a “multiplier”. Not top half, bottom half.

Anyhow that aside. My inquiry for real data stands to try and reverse engineer a best estimation of the formula. When have tons of speculation/complaints and almost no hard data posted on the forums.

2 Likes

There has to be more to it than that. 3 Weeks ago Marthos Guardians only won 1 daily war and finished #7 in bracket 1, and we were not demoted.

3 Likes

So we’re right back where we started, shrouded in mystery. ROFL

2 Likes

Unrepentant ended #6 (Hogans #5) in GW points in bracket 1
We won 2 or 3 of our daily battles last week.

Unrepentant is #11 (Hogans #17) on overall trophies.

We were #4 (Hogans was #6) for the spring top 20.
Last week we were #7 (Hogans #6) in weekly trophies

Unrepentant and Hogans will see you again in Bracket 1 next week.

At least their algorithms only screw us every other week.

Maybe if we finished in the top 3 we might stay in bracket 1. I do not see that as possible anymore since I don’t even bother with colored teams most of the time. It just doesn’t seem worth my time and stress for this yoyo I’m on.

1 Like

Considering you feel that the algorithm has predetermined your destiny to return to Bracket 2 (unless your 3rd). What about testing raw weekly wins? See how close to 900 your guild can get? Of course that might not be a weighted factor, but still you never know.

Edit: I believe the daily wars are in the formula and have some weight, but you can’t just say “win all 6 days” to test in Bracket 1.

Actually I’m not sure 3rd would guarantee we stay in bracket 1. 1st or 2nd I would be confident on.

819 GW wins for the week.

The idea of daily battles being weighted heavily, really makes me want to quit. That is one of the most stress inducing parts of GW. My schedule is already brutal enough without being forced to play on specific days. I lost a win streak this week because of that crap.

This all feels like a waste of time. If I wanted another source of stress, I would have bought more rental properties. This game was meant to be an escape from stress, not a source of it.

I’ve completely turned off email notifications. I need a break.

7 Likes

There’s nothing I can do about their algorithms. I just officially asked to be put on the waiting list to leave Unrepentant and join our GW optional sister guild Abaddon. In a week, or two this won’t be my problem anymore. One less source of stress. That feels better.

5 Likes

If daily wins actually are that big of a determining factor I’m surprised nobody has said this yet:

When GW was first announced, daily battles were a REQUIREMENT. There was a huge backlash and eventually the Devs relaxed that requirement.

Or did they?

7 Likes

Slow down there, Mulder. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:wink:

Honestly though, we have had this happen both times we were in bracket 1. We finish 5th or 6th in points but with only one daily win. How does this happen you might ask? Because we have a few players that can only play their GW battles on the weekends. The Devs clearly wanted the daily battles to be required in their original vision but they told us they changed their minds.

If they relaxed the requirement for daily battles to quiet the masses but then heavily weighted the daily battles so that people/guilds that don’t do them get penalized, is that in the “spirit of the game” they keep bringing up?

3 Likes

You and i must have the same spirit animal because the verbifying of Quixoti was absolutely brilliant and made me lol on this turdified day… Keep doing you brudda lol

In the interest of figuring out the criteria, let me be the first to share some stats.

5 Likes

Hoguns had 1 daily win, 923,045 pts, 809 battle wins. Also 20224 trophies for the week (8th), 614,651 trophies total (17th). Not sure I can post our sentinel or VIP levels (in case that’s part of the formula for P2W) without checking with guildmates.

It’s an interesting idea to try to figure this out, but not sure it’s with the effort. If the devs thibknus knowing is going to break the game with exploits, then if we figure it out they’ll just change the formula. And overall right now a lot of the issue is trust, not sure we can reverse engineer that…

2 Likes

Well I believe in transparency and playing by the rules, and I’m not aware that sharing data with the aim to deciphering something is illegal.

If we figure it out and the rules get changed, then so be it. No harm trying.

1 Like

@Saltypatra @Sirrian @Nimhain How do we progress in Guild Wars does daily wins, sentinel levels, overall trophies or weekly trophies have anything to do with it or are we doing the right things and it is a bug we were demoted?

If we don’t know how to progress what is the point in trying. I try my hardest in Guild Wars and to be demoted AGAIN is killing the fun of Guild Wars. I’m not giving up until we have an answer or I quit the game.

3 Likes

I respect your tenaciousness, but I expect you’ll be disappointed here. I find the lack of any meaningful response by the developers very interesting. They don’t seem to have any intention of clarifying this issue.
I think the “best” you can expect is something like this…

Which is essentially telling us nothing that would explain the strange demothions… :frowning:

5 Likes

A Malicious mind could think they don’t share the info because even them don’t know what’s really happening, as i got that tingling sensation that what we are seeing are just BUGs yet to be solved :thinking:

2 Likes