Guild Wars - Sneak Peek Wrap Up

Uh, if you ever need physics guys for some reason, it’s probably a better use of my time spending hours analyzing the game than playing it.

8 Likes

Given how many of those top players we lost in a top 30 guild, I’d venture to guess that most of the top guilds are already getting rid of low level players and replacing them with high level players whenever possible.

1 Like

Why hand out gems at all? I’d be perfectly willing to play Guild Wars for those exclusive troops only.

If you do want to spread some premium currency around, might this possibly work better as some kind of lottery? Like your rank placement giving you a number of lottery shares, each share granting a chance to obtain one of gem packages currently offered for the first, say, 100 ranks. Lower ranks would obviously receive less lottery shares than higher ranks, everybody participating would be able to net one of the big prizes though. Of course, there might be some legal issues preventing this kind of approach. :fearful:

TBH, I almost stopped reading right here. Having a crafting system would be so boss, I almost don’t care about the changes to Guild Wars and would accept them the way they were before. :smiley:

7 Likes

Yeah that’s why @Eika kicked me out of my former guild :cry:

Such a meanie. And a phony. A great big PHONY! I doubt he has any real affection for dinosaurs.

:wink: :upside_down: :smile:

5 Likes

For someone that calls themselves “the manticore” that’s the exact kind of behaviour that I’d expect from that mana draining impervious used-to-be-empowered game slowing cheesy so and so! :wink:

6 Likes

You changed… your… name… :cry: I’ll always remember the best ‘how I got my handle’ story ever.

4 Likes

Bit disappointed in the lack of changes in rewards for brackets, but I can understand the difficulty in making those changes in such a short period of time. I was hoping for maybe the tiniest reward for tops in your bracket, so it’s not enough to make someone tank for it, but a slight incentive. I’d take one (1) extra copy of the weekly troop as a reward for tops in your bracket. Just as a little “here you go, now shut up” reward.

4 Likes

This question should be auto created by a bot on every preview thread as it comes up so frequently. I know the answer from a console perspective:

"SOON"tm

In all seriousness Sirrian obviously skipped your question as he is not yet ready to commit to a time frame, yet…

2 Likes

Could you have those three maths guys look at salt, seed, and rng? Or I would if you let me :frowning:

Hi Sirrian,

I was one suggesting both a bracket system and that the rewards don’t really matter, so I suppose I ought to be happy with the proposed solution. However, could I suggest a nominal reward for being a bracket winner that does not include gems and does not scale at all? For example, the winner of each bracket gets a bonus X glory, Y gold keys, or Z new guild war troops. And this X, Y or Z number would be fixed for all brackets (and low enough to be relatively trivial), with the existing reward table otherwise unaffected.

I play in a city-wide sports league that has a “fun first, winning second” motto, but the winner of each league, each season gets free t-shirts (whether they play in a rec division, intermediate or advanced). It’s a lot of t-shirts, but it doesn’t devalue the t-shirt economy in my town, or by analogy to your Gems economy comment, the actual economy. And getting even a crappy t-shirt can be a point of pride.

Just a thought…

10 Likes

Cosmetic and not effecting game play rewards was supposed to be a thing. Though I’m afraid bunny ear girl and dwarf lack of interest killed that off. For now.

This sounds like a good solution to me. It would be great if bracket winners won something more than just bragging rights even if it was just an extra troop.

3 Likes

Maybe a little “1st Place” ribbon in the rankings?

Hero decorations FTW! No cost to economy or company. Lifetime optional ability to show off past accomplishments. Just brainstorming here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think a non-scaling “nominal reward” is a fantastic idea! Although considering its “Guild Wars” perhaps a Guild related reward? Guild Keys, Troops, or Seals.

I’m not keen on cosmetics:

1. They need to be created, tested etc. Extra Dev cost.
  2. What happens after 20 weeks, or 200 weeks when almost every player has a copy?
3 Likes

I’d be all for that. :smile_cat: It dawned on me the other day that GW gives your avatar a little more exposure since it is shown to other players on their attack screen. So, more avatar uniqueness would be cool.

However, I won’t hold my breath since it would take money/time investment to make more designs.

1 Like

I’d love to see alternative troop card art added into the game as prizes for different achievements. So not only would you be able to use the alternative art for the troops you’d earned it for in PVP but it’d also show up on your defense team so anyone fighting you would see it, too.

It wouldn’t affect actual gameplay but it’d be fun to see in game and would be, imho, a very attractive reward to chase. Obviously adding new art would be potentially time intensive (assuming the Devs don’t already have it created) so I’d recommend starting with the Legendaries and working backwards (I’d hold off on the Mythic cards since those aren’t easily obtainable in the first place).

These could either be rewarded randomly or (better yet) set as specific rewards for specific achievements. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh that would be nice. Special hero armors given out to the top in their bracket? :thinking:

Tbh I wouldn’t mind anything at this point. Event keys, any keys, glory, stones, an “i’m special” sticker… anything really.

But I understand the team has limited time, and did what they could.

I can say from personal xp that from a game development point of view, a cosmetic change is trivial relative to mechanics and economy changes.

If anybody would like to take umbrage with this remark I humbly request that you please re-read the word in bold :slight_smile:

3 Likes