Guild War - PvP - Card Imbalances - Cheating AI. Maybe the time to quit

Hey i wasn’t the first who mentioned ham. Im just responding to his response. Im even being rather friendly and just want to cause some laughs.
But if it bothers you ill leave this topic.

1 Like

@DonBoba here ya go brudda

4 Likes

@Eika i seem to remember somebody hijacking a rant thread once…

5 Likes

oh wait, do we even have moderators in this forum? i wonder if derailing a topic, trolling, flaming is a legit thing here.

If it’s legit, feel free to stay and insult me and keep trolling, no one would stop you :slight_smile:

id rather have a video of you dancing eika

3 Likes

2 Likes

Sorry, but I am far too old for such…

I’ve been on this forum for 600 days. You’d wonder how i got under the radar for so long.

1 Like

2 Likes

First the ham now this? You are to good!

1 Like

older than rick astley?

1 Like

Im turning 92 in June, but plz don’t tell anyone.

To the OP, if you’re not having fun playing Guild Wars, don’t play it. You can keep doing what you were doing before, and you’ll lose very little. And as long as you’re in a guild that registers for guild wars and puts in a token effort (just a couple minutes), you’ll get the exclusive weekly card too. Unfortunately the fact that your personality wants to be competitive, that’s something you’ll need to figure out. The game isn’t forcing this mode on anybody.

To the majority of the veteran posters in this thread, we shouldn’t need moderators. Trolls are what we are supposed to keep out of this community, we shouldn’t be the problem ourselves. If this was the type of thread I encountered when I first came here, I wouldn’t have come back…

9 Likes

i Know beanie, thanks, and i seriously thought it…
That would mean thou saying goodbye to my guild and having to look for somewhere else to stay.

I know it’s something many people do, but for me would be enough reason to stop playing a game.

I agree… I just dont see the desired purpose of the op… Just a rant? Hoping for change? Those both different reactions

1 Like

I hear what you’re saying. I want to add another perspective though.

I “lost” about… 5 hours of time on guild wars yesterday? Probably more. A little of that time was doing the 5 battles, but most of it was figuring out how guild wars works, learning the math, testing different teams, talking to guild mates about it. It has been the MOST fun I have ever had in this game. And I don’t even think guild wars is a good system! So many things are not perfect with it.

But I loved the challenge of high stakes games with a limited selection of troops I could (or should) use. It was interesting, it was exciting… so much fun! I’ve won all my matches so far, with 4 troops standing at the end, mostly by focusing more on the enemy not getting any mana than on getting mana for my troops.

That said, I don’t think I would want to do this every week, for months at a time. I wish it was a “one week of the month” kind of thing.

As for the cheating AI… my husband insists that’s a thing too, I just don’t see it. Yeah, sometimes the AI gets a super lucky streak, but I get that too. I just don’t think it would make sense for the devs to implement rigged gem drops or whatever for the AI. What’s the point?

We do have @Saltypatra.

Honestly, @DonBoba has trolled me worse on things we agree on.

I do understand your frustration, and I expect Guild Wars will see changes. With the Internet, we all want changes quicker than they can really come. Guild Wars is tons of planning, and trying to guess what is really going to engage the community. Then trying to get a fair real world implementation, vs just test environment.

Heck, we had Bone Dragon for more than 18 months where we knew it was unbalanced. So you kind of have to accept the ebb and slow of balance in this game, or you just get too stressed.

1 Like

Lol i think @DonBoba has trolled most of us at one point and this is hardly the first thread to be hijacked… Jus’ sayin’

1 Like

@Esoxnepa it’s sad that such things are permitted by those who are responsible of the forum, i personally saw this behaviours in many threads, independantly of individual names involved in this thread, which can still be nice persons in other context, and always left me puzzled how certain behaviours were allowed here.

The problem of card imbalances is that in “solo” play, they are just a nuisance.
With the direct confrontation of guilds, where the loss has its weight, it will bring
an explosion of complains (like mine here).

Yesterday was bonedragon under the lights, but many cards are still in a very
unbalanced and totally irrational state. Think Famine, or the newly added Deathknight.
But there are still many many cards that are imbalanced.

You just need to see the defence decks of most top guilds and you will have a pretty accurate list of what are the unbalanced cards.

1 Like