Crash at start: 2 or 4 GB RAM is not enough

Tried it with the update, same
Unnstalled and re-installed, loading bar reaches end, comes to a stop for a bit, the a downloading bar appears at bottom of screen, some music starts, a voice says, " I bet you were getting all excited then, you didn’t really think it would work did you, sucker" crashes.

Sadly, none of the -force- commands helped. It still crashes upon loading. Should I send all of the crash reports?

And for the people who have a DirectX11 device, please?

I can run game with command -force-d3d9 but after loading bar reach 80 % game crashes

Did you try the -force-d3d11 command?

This one sorta worked. The game at least loaded again while all the others crashed outright, but this one also eventually crashed when it got to the “downloading” bar at the end. It’s progress though. I didn’t even get to the “downloading” bar yesterday.

Woohoo!! -force-d3d9 worked for me.

Edit: The game is currently using 1.8GB ram

1 Like

Guess you upped a bit. You’re at my level of crashing now :stuck_out_tongue: Sucks though :frowning:

Well that’s good news :smiley:

I have not tried so far today the laptop on which the game is crashing.
On the other two the game works but still takes 1.8GB of RAM.

-force-opengl gives me an instant crash report
-force-d3d9 not even complete loading bar before crash
-force-d3d11 loading bar fills, crash
-force-glcore another instant crash report

1 Like

The game is running but using 1.8GB ram with the -force-d3d9 option.

I can run game only with ALT + left click on GoW icon and only with legendary graphic quality . When I choose lower quality game crashes .

Happily, I can report that the new patch for Gems of War runs very well under CrossOver (and Wine) on my 4GB MacBook Pro. (Prior to the patch, it would blow up before or shortly after showing the map screen. You certainly can’t run a full battle with it.)

I just tried all the graphic qualities but that does not work for me. Jan, do you use Direct X 9 or 11?

@Flip have you tried both windowed and full screen?

-force-d3d9
With this the game starts to load again,but never finish loading as before.As i said a few times,i play way more consuming games that this,and even those are not eating 1.4 Gb ram,and running without problem.And i palyed other Unity games with actual graphics,i can even play games like Injustice 2 with Nox emulator without problems,no way its on my end.

1 Like

I did all of the graphics tests on windowed and full screen. No luck sadly.

2 Likes

You’re right. For example: I have a desktop at my parents house and it’s a killer machine. It (gems of war) can eat all the things it like, so it works there. But I’m not there all the time so I use my laptop and it’s not working. I guess I do have all the minimum requirements for except maybe a graphics card? But the Unity site does not state a minimum required integrated graphics card. Also how can a laptop integrated graphics card be less effective than a mobile phone? So yeah it’s frustrating if you play games with higher requirements but cannot play a simpler game. I’m with you on that :slight_smile: Maybe it’s best to install gems of war on your mobile device for the time being? I can’t I don’t have the specs :smiley:

I dont have a mobile,i have a good card Nvidia 512 Mb ram,i can run most games,even today games,they just have horrible fps :smiley: Gems of war is the first game that ever do something like that instacrash,and i was forced to use -force-d3d9 to even make it begin loading.

2 Likes