Crash at start: 2 or 4 GB RAM is not enough

please tell me more about what phone it will need :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haa thatā€™s funny! I payed over 1000 $ for my desktop :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Itā€™s a development I monitored since the game got bigger and bigger. I was thinking about why this game is so large for such a simple graphics design (2d style). So technically you ā€˜shouldā€™ be able to play the game because I read that the beta testers used 500mb. [quote=ā€œOzball, post:41, topic:25922ā€]
This has been tested and none of the testers experienced this memory issue. We all had around 500MB usage (and still have that)
[/quote]

Except you canā€™t. But Iā€™m no developer so Iā€™m just saying things about things I donā€™t know anything about :stuck_out_tongue: My gut is telling me itā€™s a direct X / Unity problem.

1 Like

So here is the website where you can look at the requirements for mobile phones: https://unity3d.com/unity/system-requirements

if you have android you need: Android: OS 4.1 or later; ARMv7 (Cortex) CPU with NEON support or Atom CPU; OpenGL ES 2.0 or later.

it doesnt say how much ram :joy:
(also i was replying to the ā€œrequire 1000$ comupterā€ meme)

i think i actually did buy a 1000$ computer :thinking: and gow is working even on the mythic settings
but i was thinking if it requires 1000$ phone it would knock out too many users :s

Youā€™re absolutely right, Iā€™m kinda new to this forum style. Lol should get it printed on a t-shirt :stuck_out_tongue: but that wouldnā€™t be fair to the developers since they are trying to fix it :slight_smile: Yes they would knock out too many players. One would believe gems of war knows what phones/desktops/laptops/consoles players use right.

1 Like

Right now Iā€™m using poor graphic card with DX9 besides I have 2 Gb Ram .Iā€™m playing on legendary graphic settings and 1280 x 720 resolution , blur is off . Game starts only with ALT and left click on GoW play icon.

1 Like

worked for me. Thanks =)

After today update game using 650 MB RAM instead 2.4 GB, thx devs :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m glad it works for you :slight_smile: Iā€™ve tried everything you did. Only difference is the graphics card and DirectX (Iā€™m using Dx12).

I can run the game now after the fix, but only on low graphical settings when not using any launch options.
With -force-opengl and -force-glcore the game is playable on higher graphical settings, but there is a chance the game crashes mid-battle.

With any settings, does not work!

Well after much messing around, a lot of swearing, a well kicked cat that will probably never come back and a couple of breaks inbetween the crashfests for a peep at my sunbathing neighbour Iā€™ve come up with a fix.

Uninstall G.O.W
Forget all about it
Play on Pokerstars for real gold

2 Likes

This was swell comedy. Thanks for that.

1 Like

This sounds nice, Iā€™ll try it!

UPDATE: Using ALT, on 1280 x 720, Fastest, Windowed mode, the game loads, the bar fill up, then it stopsā€¦ Maybe on other graphics settings, it could work?

1 Like

After driver update and patch I had a very short success to start the game with

-force-glcore in 960x720 with only 16bit colors, full screen optimization deactivate (press right mouse button on game exe in folder ā†’ properties)

But when I looked after 2 minutes in options menu with alt+tab at task manager (game needs only ~600MB ram) game crashed again. After all, a short success is better than nothing with only 2GB main ram. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce success at the moment.

1 Like

Yeah so like 10 members in my Guild canā€™t play the game anymore. So Iā€™m speaking on their behave. I hope weā€™ll get some updated news about bug fixes and/or crash issues from the devs tomorrow. If the devs feel they need more info or whatever Iā€™ll be glad to help. Please let me know.

1 Like

I could reproduce the success with 1280x720 resolution

but when I changed language from german to italian to english it crashed again. With new start the language changed more or lessā€¦

1 Like

Hey All, We have just pushed out another new update which should reduce the memory usage.

We are still investigating the crash that some of you are experiencing, it looks like itā€™s being caused by something deep in the Unity engine. For the rest of you, please try the new version and let us know if you are still experiencing any crashes or large memory usages.

7 Likes

Yayyyy, itā€™s loaded for me, but, had my settings at really low res and windowed, so gonna log out, alter them, try again.

loaded straight away, thank you.

1 Like

Well the game is only pulling 550 MB of ram now, so thatā€™s great. Except now it takes like 2 minutes to start, not a huge issue but mildly annoying.

1 Like