Console 3.0.5 Known Issues

A couple things:

1. Wulfgarok is not devouring when he kills a troop with spell damage that resurrects. He is not devouring the resurrected troop if that is the only option, nor is he devouring an innocent bystander if one is present when the dying troop resurrects (no impervious troops on the board)
  2. Still no guild bonuses from statues, though my opponents appear to be getting them in PVP.

On PS4.

2 Likes

Unfortunately this is not possible. Because console updates have to be approved by Microsoft and Sony, there can be a significant wait time between submission and release. Fixes canā€™t be pushed easily on console, which is why we need to wait for a major update and get everything through at the same time.

1 Like

i understand, thanks for the reply.

So why take guild wars offline on consoles then salty? I just donā€™t understand why you guys did that without being able to push out a fix in a reasonable time frame.

I have said all that I can on the issue to explain our reasoning.

1 Like

I totally understand why salty but given how console updates work itā€™s surely going to be offline for a lot more than two weeks! If you have it fixed, tuned and nailed down right now, it wouldnā€™t be back online in the timescale you guys initially said, not for us consolers anyway. Itā€™s impossible due to the certification process etc. Iā€™m certainly not picking you guys to bits here, I love you lot but I just fail to see with all that is going on with the suggestions and fixes and improvements all being thrown around that guild wars will be back a week on Monday or even a week after that etc etc.

I donā€™t claim to know how the server architecture works, but possible changes I could see happening: Scoring of points based on opponents (eg colour, sentinel or survivor bonuses), bracket calculation changes, event boosts affecting GW, reward tiers and amounts, matchups, guild score calculations (number of guild members counted for example), number of guild battles allowed per day, etc

Not saying that any of these changes are coming, but they could make these sorts of changes without a patch I believe.

4 Likes

Hi oz.
If that IS possible then Iā€™d really like to hear that from the devs, and thatā€™s not being disrespectful to your good self as I appreciate your comments but my concerns listed are pretty much representative of the console community as a whole.

2 Likes

My STEALTHY BANDIT isnā€™t very stealthy. The stealth trait on my bandit is not working?

Are you using him in a team with 3 other troops that have Stealthy?

No. Heā€™s the only one that has it and heā€™s getting brutalized.

@Saltypatra

Hi Salty,

The guild statue bonus issue is still ongoing. Several of us have reported this bug numerous times in this thread beginning on June 20th and it still isnā€™t even on the list in the original post, nor has its existence been acknowledged in any other way. The issue is not mentioned on the PC/mobile known issues list either.

To be 100% clear, the issue is that the stat bonuses that should apply to our troops when a guild task is completed to level 12 is not being applied. When the guild statue is selected from the Guild screen, the bonus does not show (it is still greyed-out) and there is no countdown timer to indicate when the bonus should expire. This is not just a visual glitch. I have confirmed the expected values of certain troops both before and after my guild has completed a task and nothing is changing in battle.

For example, my Khorvash is mythic and level 20. His spell should do magic+3 damage to the first two enemies. His base magic at level 20 is 9 and I have all 5 magic kingdoms levelled to 10 with 5 or more power stars. He should do 22 damage with no guild bonus, which is what he does. This week, my guild completed the Purple statue for the first time in a couple weeks. Both before and after this, my Khorvash is doing 22 damage, so it is clear that no bonus is being applied. The same applies to other guild stat bonuses.

I have found that if I click in and out of the guild menu a number of times, the stat bonuses will sometimes show up. This seems to be random and I canā€™t reproduce it in any reliable way. If I see the bonus, then go into PvP, I find that my expected bonuses apply for a single battle and then disappear again.

I am on PS4 and my guild is Crimson Sky. Other players, including @Dan_ozzzy189 have verified that this bug is present.

5 Likes

(Xbox one) Just finished a pvp fight and got a server msg then clicked retry and then the screen went black, i still can heard the music but could do nothing

@Dan_ozzzy189

Agree
Has it really been almost 2 weeks already? Thank GOW Gods

1 out of the 6 Guild statues is actually showing the Timer. The Other 5 are greyed out. @Saltypatra should we submit a report or is it being worked out?

1 Like

Dwarven door second trait isnā€™t translated in french

Sorry, Iā€™m coming to this a tad late, but is the bug only appearing on PS4? or also on Xbox?

So far, I believe it has only been PS4 players I have seen reporting it.

1 Like

Iā€™m on ps4. I can 100% confirm that this bug is on ps4. Since 4x speed update I have had no guild statue bonus stats. Its not just a visual bug. Very noticeable in gw fights

I miss my magic bonus @Ozball

1 Like

ok, itā€™s added to the list. A quick reminder though, I have no power to actually fix any of these bugs, I just help collect them and pass them on to Salty and the devs :wink:

5 Likes