About Ranked Rewards

On that, I agree. I can’t even conceive of the amount of dedication it would take to get to one of the upper ranks. But as I said, I don’t think the purpose is to encourage people to compete. If that is the purpose, then it’s way ineffective.

By the way, my 5% estimation is based on the assumption that there are about 20,000 active players. Only 1000, or 5% of them, can finish “in the money.”

I do agree with Mako, the reward system needs to be redesigned. The amount of hours you need to play to get to be within the best 1000 players is huge, and 500 gold + 50 Souls isn’t worth it at all.

If I failed to answer it, I’ll do it now and say “Yes”. Because like I said before, the rewards are just the icing on the cake; some people are going to strive to be “the best” whether there are rewards are not. And you can see that because just going to Tier 1 gets you in the upper 15K ranking as of last night (which was when I last checked), so people obviously have no problem playing beyond that.

[quote=IronyMan] Now there are 1000 paying slots in the Rank system. Do you think the game makers knew that there are quite a few more players than that?

By the way, my 5% estimation is based on the assumption that there are about 20,000 active players.[/quote]

Oh yes. Sirrian said a couple of months ago in response to speculation about active members in guilds that there were “substantially more than 20K active players”. And just within the last week he said more players jumped in with the 2.0 update, so it most likely increased even more.

(I thought I had unsubscribed, but I guess I had to mute the discussion to not receive notifications when someone replies to you. Oh, well, since I’m here)

No idea where you got that number from. I’m rank 15k and I have about 2800 points, 900 over the required for Tier 1. We’d have to see the rank of someone with 1,900 points, or just 1 or 2 points over it. But I’d bet it’s more like 25-30k, if not more.

Not that clear, I guess.

But I won’t repeat myself yet again. I stand by my point, and this time I’m muting this, since I don’t wanna spend more time banging my head against a brick wall. Most people in this forum want the rewards to be underwhelming considering the necessary effort, resulting in no encouraging to the competition aspect of the game.

I rest my case, and I trust devs will do what’s best for them and for most people playing the game.

Too bad you’re muted. I got that number from my own placement, since last night I had 1875-ish points and was ranked 17800-ish.

So do I.

According to the leaderboard, rank 100 has 7750 points right now. I’m sure there is a point at about 3000 points where most people just drop off and and you can start picking up places in a hurry. What I think would be helpful is one entry on the leaderboard that tells you the stats of the single player in rank 1000. That is the number you need to achieve to play with the big boys. I would bet it is lower than you think.

Of course we don’t want minimum rewards. But I didn’t think this thread was about what we want. I thought it was about whether or not we feel the revamped rank system is unfair.