2.1 Preview - Guilds

Here is where I got that they stop dropping at 4x mythic of each.

The 50% chance of them dropping regardless of guild chest level is from the original post, in the section on the Guild Guardian Troops.

Hmm… This still shot from the video contradicts that… The commons are noticeably missing. Is it that they don’t count as commons?

I was wondering about that also. That does seem to support the ‘they will drop regardless’ claim.

This makes it sound like they are on a completely separate drop list from the chest level, because top level chests would just be Gem Keys otherwise.

That’s all I’ve found on the forum for this. Might have seen more in Global chat… I’ve been reading everything I can find about this update, and keeping track of exact sources has been tough for me.

1 Like

Adding up those tasks is a bit off

15x2 + 15x1 + 4x5 + 10x2 + 20x1 + 32
30 + 15 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 32
45 + 40 + 52
85 + 52

But only 120 at top. Weird

In the video it shows collecting 137 seals right after the screenshot.

So that’s 120 seals already collected, and 137 more uncollected.

Ahh, gotcha! That makes sense.

My assumption on the drop rates is that there’s a 50% chance to drop the Guardians, then a 50% chance to drop all other cards. This second 50% is then divided up among the rarities. My further assumption is that this 50% mirrors existing drop rates. So, for example, Legendaries are 1 in 100 in Gem Chests normally so with the 5* Chest they would be 1 in 200.

We’ve no idea the drop rates for guild chests except for what they drop. Better guild chests might drop legendary to mythic higher just as glory to vip chests do.

Yay for incoming statistics arguments!!!

1 Like

I doubt the Guild Chests have better drop rates on the Legendaries/Mythics than the Gem Chest does. No way it’s as good as a VIP Chest.

1 Like

I wish they would at least drop traitstones from the drop table (they are shown as potential drops in the video). That would at least make them a bit better than their respective key once guild guardians are finished, even if troop distribution rate was the same.

1 Like

There is one more thing the bonuses from statues will give players…it slows the game down. You have 16 more damage that needs to be dealt before killing a troop (Excluding true damage). The magic and attack bonuses are what 2 and 4…This feels like Update 2.1 Nerfing… It also has made an equal playing field for guilds, there’s no more incentive to join any particular guild over another if they are meeting the minimums for the best rewards. No more 4000k keys and gems from joining a particular guild. “We can offer exactly what the guy below us does”. If and when Guild Wars happens that may change So while I agree new players have to get more resources it’s pointless to give top tier less…we don’t get anything for the most part we haven’t already received and the stuff has no use. Another 100 Goblines…I guess I could sacrifice them to get another couple souls to add to the 200K I already have. I’d be happier if they had a task we could donate to get exclusive troops or mythics, after all it’s all end level players really need. They could of found a way to balance the new and older players, to give both what they need. Oh well I’ll see how it is after the update, I almost walked away once from the game…I feel the tedium may drive me away permanently. At least before there was that thrill of that one troop I didn’t have, now I may get that mythic if I’m lucky in a year and if you miss it on the one week where it’s the only mythic, good luck.

2 Likes

@Sirrian Regarding the seals cap, why should it be capped at 1,500 per member when the overall cap is 45,000? Wouldn’t it make more sense to simply divide the overall cap according to the number of members in that guild? In a max guild of 30, that’s 1500 each. That’s fine. But in a guild of 3, it would be 10,000 each. Of course, for a guild of one, the max is 45,000. Sounds way fairer to me. May not be to everyone else, of course, but let’s face it, most guilds have less than 5 members.

Its to get people to participate in guilds, instead of flying solo.

Also, sooo many have complained about the seal cap and why is it 1500 each, why is it 45k total.

Hows about, waiting, seeing how it goes. Atm you are all crying about something that you have 0 clue how it will work in real world situations.

3 Likes

Players should unify more anyway. Everyone is making a guild these days. .

1 Like

It’s not capped at 1500. It’s capped at 3500, you just have to shell out cash to our deserving devs to get that. It’s free to play, not free to make or free to get maximum loot.

2 Likes

Interesting point, but I’d assume you just dont have access to the upgraded guild chests if you don’t have a full roster. The chest upgrade itself seems to be there to reward the cooperation between a large amount of people, but as stated by many, I think not being able to close the gaps or cover for another member’s off week kinda hurts it. However, allowing a single person to earn several times as many guild seals per week would have them closing out guild guardians much faster, even if their other rewards they can get from the key would be essentially the same as a gold chest.

No way a guild with three people in it is going to be getting 10k seals, each, though. If you are even playing enough to hit 1500 and aren’t in a guild that is at least semi-active, you are doing yourself a huge disservice, both in the current system and in the new system.

There really shouldn’t be any expectation that if you play the game sub-optimally you get just as much as those that are min-maxing, organized, dedicated, etc. The rewards should flow to the top; they shouldn’t be fair. In fact, it’s unfair to those users if their greater effort doesn’t receive greater rewards.

10 Likes

They will still win greater rewards, i don’t think every guild will be able to finish every guild task every week

1 Like