2.1 Preview - Guilds

Speak for yourself :spy:

Lol im not stressed about that i know my guild will do great :slight_smile:

I’ve read almost every post in this thread. I think I should share also my opinion for this topic.

Before you read, keep in mind that I am not in a top guild. Quite the opposite, I’m located on the right side of Sirrian’s chart.

With that being said I’m one of those people who benefits from the new system. But I fully understand the complaints of the top guilds for rewards.

I and all for my guild members don’t want this game to become a full-time job. We play this game for fun and fun alone. Rewards aren’t important at all and my guild leader would encourage people to spend their gold for themselves rather than in the guild.

My behaviour will change with the update. I will spend more gold into the guild than before and I’m also hoping for the guild guardians. They make me excited.

Sometimes I have the feeling that it’s better that I’m not in a top guild and that I’m not playing PVP anymore. Why? Because pretty much nothing can ruin my experience anymore. I’ve played Explore for weeks now and I’m having so much fun than ever before.

QFT.

5 Likes

In other words: You understood that your current enjoyment has nothing to do with delusional thoughts about your own greatness, high expectatives you create or the approval of others. Some would consider your way of thinking dangerous. You could end your days happy… :wink:

8 Likes

It was said in global chat development team is thinking of lowering the 45k seals. Raising glory keys anD lowering gold keys *)

7 Likes

After of course the beta testing done by the PC/Mobile crew lol

1 Like

They are the master Beta testers at this stage anyhow

3 Likes

And to think, in a couple short months, you can join us in that!

One Of Us. One Of Us. One Of Us. One Of Us.

3 Likes

The nature of how updates/patches, and how releases are handled/approved means PC will always be sleightly ahead.

You know that 2-3 day period after a Troop is released where it goes from release to altered because of the immediate whining? That’s the beta test!

PC will ALWAYS be Console’s beta testers :wink:

1 Like

As it stands, PC and android always have to wait for patches until the iOS version gets approved by apple.

Since the devs said that PC and consoles will be in sync, I don’t see any reason why this will be handled differently. If a patch has to be delayed for consoles, for whatever reason, it will simply be delayed for PC as well.

That is, unless you have a credible source that says otherwise?

2 Likes

I sincerely hope that the statue XP numbers get reviewed, because it looks like it’ll take about a year for a guild that is maxing out tasks to go from lvl 80 to lvl 100 under the new system.

We’ve gone from 0 to 80 in about 6 weeks, and now we’re looking at a year to finish out our income bonuses…

1 Like

Make sure you get to level 100 for maximum loot bonus, the next hundred levels is just mana mastery.

You don’t know how much experience you gain from higher level quests. I am willing to bet you get a lot more.

What you said applies to Android, but not PC. The Devs can essentially push whatever they want over Steam.

Microsoft and Sony have lengthy approval periods and processes. This isn’t news to anyone with moderate gaming experience.

Source: Every game the past 5 years

1 Like

But, because PC/Mobile are on a shared server, PC still has to wait on Apple.

Yet the last patch got released staggered.

This ADD culture is insane, this wasn’t even a month ago

They can’t because the versions have to be in sync. Even if you claim they can, fact is they have never done it before, and I don’t see why it will change now.

They can put some inactive files early, for the actual release to be smaller, or as means of spoilers for the ones who like to peek in the files. But never an actual release.

Please explain, I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Are you talking about the Mab hotfix? That was staggered, yes. The patch just before that was not.

I think the problem here is Yonizaf originally said patches when he probably meant updates. Patches can be released separate, updates aren’t.

2 Likes

True, but not all that different from having to fight players with more kingdom bonuses than you, which are actually a larger bonus: 17/34 EHP, 3/6 attack, 4/8 magic. The guardian skill bonuses probably won’t feel like a bonus for anyone, however.

I think it would be tricky to set the numbers so as to make Treasure Hunt worthwhile for higher players, without ending up encouraging map farming beyond the point of boredom. People will generally do whatever’s most efficient, no matter how boring, until they decide it’s not worth their time. However, rather than just ignoring the boring but efficient option, they’re probably more likely to just quit the game entirely. A wasted game mode that nobody plays because it’s inefficient is better for the developer than one that’s too efficient but boring and drives players away. That said, @Sirrian has repeatedly said that lots of players do play Treasure Hunt, and even purchase treasure maps, so it’s working out pretty well for them right where it’s at, and they’d understandably be reluctant to tweak it for fear of killing something that’s making them money.

Is that necessarily a problem? First people are complaining that they’ll cap out too easily and have nothing to spend their gold on. Now people are complaining that it will be extremely difficult to cap out every week.

Is it really such a sin for the developers to design some part of the game such that few, if any, people or groups of people will be able to meet it on a regular basis? People are treating the caps as a baseline minimum, when they’re intended to be an absolute maximum, with few being able to reach them.

What will it take to get people to accept that they’re not supposed to have everything, especially for free? That they’re not supposed to cap out every week?

Except PC and console will be getting the same “beta content” at the same time. PC might get fixes to that beta content faster, but I think they can probably push troop data changes out just as easily on console as they can on Steam, Android, or iOS. It’s only things that require actual code changes that require approval from the various gatekeeper entities. The devs can tweak numbers to their heart’s content.

2 Likes