2.1 Preview - Guilds

Just wanted to mention not everyone in the top guilds are crazy rich. I am in Anonymous. I am a relatively new player, and have only recently started being able to ascend units to mythic thanks to the guild I am in. I don’t have pools of resources stock piled. I am fiercely playing to catch up to the top tier players, and the new system will definitely limit the rate at which I catch up. Not to say I don’t understand it, but I think there will be some balancing needed, such as the idea that individual player caps should be raised to spread the load if some players in a guild can’t play as much.

4 Likes

I’m in the top xbox guild and I’m fine with these lowered amounts. Top guild were getting way more loot than ever intended, the equivalent of several $100 per week free.

2 Likes

We’re going to watch the current system for a few weeks, and see how it plays out.
If the top guilds are hitting the goals early and looking like they want to contribute more, we’ll do something like “Extra Mythic Tasks” that only the top few can get for some special rewards. We didn’t want to jump the gun and implement that TOO early without having data on how the new system was being used.

14 Likes

I have a question, my guild has plenty of tokens left. Should we buy the gem masteries now or are they still useful after the update?

They won’t go to waste. Just use them.

Chould I use them to buy new stuff such as the guardian level or they are completely useless after the update and should be spent now?

Guild tokens are going to be automatically spent evenly between colors when the update hits. If you want to favor a specific color, you better spend them now. If you’re going to spend them evenly anyway, it shouldn’t matter if you spend them now or not.

2 Likes

Thank you.

As has already been mentioned. Maps need a huge boost. The time spend on maps gives so little reward that they aren’t worth it. They should have all of their reward approximately tripled, except for maybe glory since that would make farming with maps too viable lol. Also if they gave even one trophy that would be a nice incentive as well. Maybe even just skip all of this, and let us trade in maps for resources directly lol. As it is, most players in fairly casual guilds hardly use their maps ever.

You’re overgeneralizing from personal experience here. Sirrian has said over and over again that daily maps is one of the biggest sources of income for the devs. People wouldn’t be buying them if they didn’t intend to use them, so a significant fraction of the player base is doing maps even at the current rewards level.

3 Likes

Before another person asks another question already answered, try here first :rage:

@Studs earning ABit less you say… 90% less is a bit…
Ya right…
You also said the skill bonuses are a big plus… how is that when everyone else on our level will get the exact same bonus…
Pffffffffffffffffffffffff :rage:
We worked to get where we are

That’s just comical… we played a game… mostly for free… and we now demand special rights because we played more?

17 Likes

The way I understand what Sirrian said in global chat is that the seal tasks will not be capped. Daily Login and Gain a PvP Tier will have limited opportunities each week, but the rest should be unlimited. And with 10 seals per level up, It’ll probably be close to 1200 just from meeting current reqs, then I can get the other 300 seals from speedrunning Explore and Challenges for traitstones.

Yeah, the entitlement in this thread has been quite pronounced. The game has been off-kilter with rewards for a long time, and the devs are reining it in. I agree with some that they should call a spade a spade, and not couch the nerfs in phrases that are intended to make it “go down easier,” but I do not disagree that those of us at the top earn so much more than others do, that something really has to give if they want to maintain a progression curve for everyone.

22 Likes

Exactly what I was going to say. I mean, the amount of loot we get is fairly ridiculous.

4 Likes

@Jainus no one is demanding anything lol.
I just dont like sugar coated bs.
Yes i think alot of guilds in the top tier have worked together to gain what they have.
When i said we worked to get where we are… i mean as top guilds :sunglasses:

Edit… we do gain crazy amounts agreed.
I just as lyaa said dont like how it was presented (sugar coated)

1 Like

Hey, don’t pick on @Studs! You pick on him, you pick on me too. We have the same avatar pic :)))

3 Likes

I get you two mixed up all the time. :S

But one’s a Giant Warlord, while the other is a knight who charges at Giant Warlords, also known as Windmills! How could you possible confuse the two? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like