100 things you wish you knew about Gems of War [DONE]

I just tried out some RegEx, and it works great. Thanks for this tip!

I’m rusty as an old tin can… can you send me a few examples? I can only get the very basics working and I don’t feel like going over the tutorials again after having last done RegExp 10 years ago.

Sure, what do you want to do?

1 Like

A basic AND

human AND divine, eg

I’ve been running out of room in the field… plus I’m rusty. You can help me out, no need to re-re-re-reinvent the wheel :slight_smile:

If you know the order of the two words, then “AND” is easy:

empowered.*impervious

If you care to match whole words only, then you’d need to do:

\bempowered\b.*\bimpervious\b

If you don’t know the order then the “AND” is a lot harder, and requires lookahead. The text field isn’t large enough to accomodate it, at least on Steam, and the mobile one doesn’t let me enter punctuation at all.

^(?=.*\bempowered\b)(?=.*\bimpervious).*$

If you’re ever interested in debugging a regex, here’s a handy link:

The text field isn’t large

Yeah that’s the issue I was having too… the dream is over I guess lol

So, I hit this wall after some experimenting. It looks like it won’t be as helpful as I had imagined. But, it will still come in handy to find some trait or type combos.

This one is less of a newbie advice and more of a general thing: how to avoid your PvP defense team “randomly” switching. I was recently reminded this is still a thing, and it definitely falls under the label of something I “wish I knew” for the first couple months after the PvP patch.

In PvP, if you enter the battle prep screen (the screen where you can scout and see troop details), click Edit Teams, and then back all the way out without fighting, your defense team will be set to the last team you had selected from the Edit Teams menu (or the first team, if you collapse the list then exit). It doesn’t matter if you actually change any of your teams or not, the glitch occurs if enter the Edit Teams screen from scouting screen, then back out of the scouting screen instead of proceeding into battle. You will also not be affected if you Edit Teams, then proceed into the battle without backing out of the scouting screen. This glitch does not affect using Edit Teams from anywhere else other than the PvP battle prep screen (explore, quests, and challenges are all safe to edit, then back out completely).

3 Likes

Great info! I had to read it several times but it made good sense.

That’s something I had never heard of but always wondered about.

Probebly a stupid question, but where I can find the full artwork of every unit of the game? I try too find, but on official website or ashtender, you see only half of the artwork. Really like some unit, and want too see them in full artwork. Anyone know ?

If you’re on PC the images files are in your steam directory. Other than that I don’t think there are any other sources.

Too bad, I’m on ps4… Really want to see, but no luck for me…Hope one day, there will be someone who will take care of this :grin:

i didnt keep a track @KrudlerTheHorse but if you plan to add anything to the series please mention Ashtender account linking :stuck_out_tongue: (if you havent already)

Maybe an explanation on how the game give you a Player Value based on various things like Hero level, kingdom level and stars, troops level and traits and so on, which is then used to determine your opponent strenght in PvP.
And why one shouldn’t evolve too fast if he/she does not possess good cards…

I can’t remember who, but a big wig from IP2 was heard to say basically stay away from anything that uses the unauthorized GoW API as it could result in permanent, no-appeal account banning.

Given such a warning, and having the consequences explained for ignoring it are enough for me!!!

1 Like

Yes I most definitely will do, good suggestion.I would definitely put that in my next video as it come up a LOT

But first… can you explain that to me? :laughing:

But seriously, I really don’t know anything other than “it gets harder” so anything key information will help me greatly

4th video is up, see it up top at OP

we need to get it authorised/approved then :cry:

The game seem to give you a supposed Player Value which depend on : team values, progress of the guild you’re in, your progress in leveling, starring of your kingdoms, progress in traits. This value is then compared to the opponent team value to determine gold and PvP points earned from a specific battle. At least it’s pretty much what it seems to be.
This means that players with teams exceeding in value your own Player Value will earn you more, and players with teams lesser than your own Player Value will earn you less. (My guess is that when opponent Team value and your own are equals it rewards you 1000 golds).

We know that levelling a kingdom to 10 is worth 40 points of Team and Player Value for example.
So maxing your kingdoms, traiting your troops, leveling them and so on will make your player value go up resulting in harder battles.

So my advice is : As long as you don’t get a bunch of really good cards, try to not fully trait cards and to not fully level up kingdoms as it’s worth a lot of points in Player Value.

1 Like

as much as you are right increasing “player value” increases the difficulty, early-mid game it also increases the gold offered so it has both advantages and disadvantages for the early game, the gold offered starts to diminish once you reach deeper into mid/late game but then the difficulty you meet starts to be less influenced by your “player value” growth as well

1 Like