Top 10 Tips for Beginners (Youtube Style)

Hey everyone! We’ve had a lot of feedback from new players that Gems of War has a quite steep learning curve when starting out. In order to help remedy this, the team has collated their top 10 tips for beginners.

Top 10 Tips for Beginners

This is by no means an exhaustive list, and I’m sure you all have tips of your own. Feel free to share any other handy bits and pieces for our newer players that you think are essential. Also, if there are parts of the game you’d like further explained or feel were hard to grasp when you started out, let us know what they were. You never know, they might end up in a future video!

Moving forward, we’re going to be releasing more youtube content. Some videos will have more tips, hints and help, while others will preview upcoming cards and changes. (So don’t worry, I’ll definitely be previewing Guild Wars for you all in the future.)

10 Likes

What happened to Sirrian’s voice? He’s got some bad dramatic acting accent going on.

3 Likes

Salty’s been buttering him up so much about his voice over… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Odd accent or not, definite :thumbsup: for more Youtube content!

3 Likes

Hey! Sirrian’s voice is wonderful. Like butterscotch or chocolate, all mellow tones and unexpected sweetness. It’s the first flowers blooming in spring, the moment of anticipation before you leap before you leap, the knowledge that no one is ever truly alone.

Or something.

13 Likes

Nice video, keep them coming! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I rike it!

1 Like

Nice! I guess this is what Saltysalt was for then eh @Saltypatra? :smiley:

Also, minor issue… @Sirrian mentions you get Mythic weapons for completing wins with classes… but the weapons you get from the 250 wins are legendary I believe?

3 Likes

Indeed it was. No one loved me in global when i was white chat. Rude. :stuck_out_tongue:

… Is it though?

1 Like

“Tip number 4: Creating teams that dont suck

that sounds so bold said in an official video, i like it :grin:

3 Likes

There are some specific users who like to create new accounts that impersonate the Devs. Anytime you showed up in white I think people were just assuming it was one of them trolling, myself included.

2 Likes

It’s all good, I was making a nuisance of myself like always.

4 Likes

Sweet, Gems of War team is getting into making videos now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We are grateful you showed them how! :wink:

Thanks @Tacet!!

2 Likes

@Tacet once mentioned that you shouldn’t spend glory or gems for chests. I, on the other, more pastel colored hoof, am going to say you actually should do so. Glory is so easy to earn if your PVP doesn’t suck and there are so many ways to earn gems that it kinda makes it worth it to spend them on chests. Unless you have everything mythic coughTacetcough go ahead an splurge. You’ll always be able to make those assets back.

1 Like

Also, play the shit out of Arena. Lots of souls and a not-insignificant gold purse to take home if you go 8-0 or 8-1. 8-0 is preferable if you’re in a guild for those 30 seals.

1 Like

Whoa there… too much, too much… or something. :sweat_smile:

I admit his voice is perfect for this, yes it is, as if this was his calling. Which brings me to this, he is Luther isn’t he? Yes he is. Look at the character. I bet they share the same likeness, I tell ya it’s as if it’s true.

That illustration looks too specific and not just a random character. I bet he wears that armor and has his hair like that when he plays this game, yes I bet ya. :sweat_smile::joy::smile::smiley::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

@Tacet says don’t spend gems on chests until you have armor. I agree with not spending glory for chests glory keys are so easy to get I haven’t spent glory on chests but I have every legend in the game (expect Forest Guardian) and I’m starting to get a lot up to mythic.

3 Likes

Hey Everyone,

Sorry about the overdramatic voice at the start… I tend to do these in a single take, and hadn’t realised I sounded like a bad Shakespearean actor until after I saw the video. All in good fun though, so I thought it’d be amusing to leave it in.

Or maybe @Saltypatra was trolling me by adjusting the “overdramatization levels” in Adobe Premiere :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m not sure, now that I think about it…

10 Likes

That does sound like the kind of trouble I’d get up too.

9 Likes

You guys should also make some videos on Arena and treasure maps. That video was very useful guys!

3 Likes