Zhul'Kari Rework

The Silken Queen is available for chests:

Ace of Cups is available in Vault:

8 Likes

Apologies for necro-ing this post, but I wasn’t able to get onto the forum at the time and point out an issue, so thought I’d raise it now, since I’ve managed to get onto the forum.

Why doesn’t this post mention the change to Tal’Rae?
Tal’Rae originally had the stalker trait, which gives double skull damage against webbed troops, which is very useful on teams that commonly web the enemy team. This was changed to terror pact, which has a chance to summon another troop on death. That is a massive nerf, as far as I’m concerned, and the fact that the change wasn’t included in this list feels suspicious.
Tal’Rae’s main gimmick is dealing bonus damage against webbed troops, hence her spell working that way, and her spell webs troops which works well with the stalker trait, but not so much with the terror pact trait.
Zhul’kari now only has one troop with the stalker trait, and that’s devourer, a bounty troop. Hell, there’s only 2 troops in the game with stalker now, so clearly it wasn’t an overdone trait, so why replace it? I know webspinner exists and has lethal toxin, but it has a damage all spell while Tal’Rae’s spell is targeted, and webspinner is a Daemon whereas Tal’Rae is an elf/mystic, meaning they fill different niches. Or rather they did, because this nerf to Tal’Rae means she no longer works as well in the niche she was filling.
I know it’s been a while, but any chance we can get a statement on whether this change was intended, why it wasn’t announced and - if it wasn’t intentional - whether it can be reversed? It’d be great to get Tal’Rae back as she was.

@Kafka @Bramble
Any chance of an answer from the team? Please and thanks in advance.

I’m like 99% sure they don’t work on the weekends. They are in Australia, though, so Monday comes soon.

1 Like

Ah, fair enough, I forget it’s the weekend sometimes. Thanks.

1 Like

Not sure if this got missed or ignored. Any chance of an answer on why Tal’Rae was changed and if she can be changed back? Please and thanks.

The Weaver’s Tome and The Silken Queen are available in this week’s soulforge:

3 Likes