Zero Respect for Players Time

It’s a shame you continue to see things mainly from your perspective and continue to devalue the opinions of others. The condescendence is a nice twist; I shan’t be reciprocating.

1 Like

I made the choice a long time ago to not go for level 500 on FA weekends, at most I buy tier IV. Too much gaming time for me, even though i have the time.
Personal choice how much time you want to spend playing GoW

7 Likes

:face_exhaling: :thinking: :roll_eyes:

This is the only time I wrote something from my perspective:

Everything else are just FACTS, so no personal point of view involved here.

If you are not able to understand that THIS IS EXACTLY HOW GAMING INDUSTRY WORKS NOWADAYS you shouldn’t continue playing this game coz you probably gonna get mad about over time.

Ofc if you summ up the amount of tasks we have/had to do it’s very disappointing to see devs treat us like scums. Also for me! But you should realize that I’m not the person to blame here…

Except you’re not lol. Nobody is blaming you for task overload; that albatross belongs around the necks of the devs who conceived and implemented it. The thread is about the ever increasing time commitment and how it affects morale and enjoyment. There was a time when moderately active players could get most stuff done but those days are long, long gone and even some hardcore players are struggling with a situation which is probably just gonna get a whole lot worse.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks. I haven’t delved this in a long time, but was doing so in preparation for this week’s (Switch) Faction Assault Tuesday. (Also, now I get it: the room layout in The Labyrinth in fact matches the maze it’s depicted as! Which … is actually kind of neat.)

I’m not stepping in to the rest of this debate. (I can generally only play this for 1-2 hours a day, which already feels like a lot.)

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with the number of events - I like it when there is a large variety of things to do. However if those things are all repetitive grinds that take a lot of time then that is the problem. A wide variety is nice but make it shorter and fun instead of endless boring torture.

I did my first delve up to Level 500 recently and it took me the whole weekend of repeatedly over and over with the same team mechanically (eventually I was not even looking at the troops anymore I was just auto-pressing the same buttons) mechanically doing the same battles over and over level by level - and I thought who in his right mind actually ENJOYS something like this and that I am supposed to do this for 36 Kingdoms??? 50+ Rounds yes ROUNDS of 9 rooms not battles of the same team - not even looking just auto-pressing buttons.

Should I repeat myself more because I am now in auto-repeat mode…

4 Likes

When i was working on getting all my delves to 500 i picked three and rotated between them doing one each day, at that time you could only do three delves per day. I didn’t mind it, it was a slow process bu that was ok, it was a feeling of accomplishment to see them all at 500.
I don’t grind anything anymore.
Hope that helps.

I agree with RiverWarlock, i enjoy having lots to do. Some grinds are okay, like vault weekend grind or a guild event grind, maybe even gold grind. Factions are pretty boring

1 Like

As a long time player with an older account, my main gripe is the vast amount of “silly” battles I am encouraged to play to get access to a variety of goodies that I could do without, but are so handy that it feels stupid not to get.

Adventure board? 9 or 10 battles that can be performed with my low level farming team. I don’t even look at the rewards, I just do them. But feels folish that I have to squash over and over again noob teams to have access to resources I might need… Would much prefer calibrated battles that let me have the goodies while battling a deserving foe.

Battlecrashers? Horrible mechanic. Leads to farming level 6 explores with the same farming team, hoping to find them quickly. Never works…

3 dungeon battles. Every day. You just need to, for the diamonds.

3 free sigils in the underworld. Even if you just rush, it is at least another dozen battles. If you farm with them, is makes sense to play all 27 (3 x 9).

Guild events? Sure, More sigils. Even if you buy almost always T2 like me (T3 if there is a weapon), you have to play soooooo maaaaaany matches against super noob teams. Good for leveling up classes, sure, but the grind is painful…

Campaign? With the free rerolls it got better, but still, another wagon-full of easy battles you just have to complete.

Add all those together, and you get a ton of stupidly easy battles that however take a lot of time. It is a grind, sure, but feels a pointless grind. Like being a good chess player and being asked to play a monstrous number of games against total novices.

They should rework the system for the average player so that they can actually play against opponent that give them a challenge, instead of condemning us all who want to progress to kick kids all over the courtyard just to get what we need…

5 Likes

I am a “end gamer” and with the exception of battlecrashers, where i do three E12 a day and move on, can always buy a tier or two with gems if i need to, i have no problem blasting through the battles you mention, not like it takes long

1 Like

it doesn’t take long, but is it fun?

This is supposed to be a game, not a chore. Not a job. Doing all these (ever-increasingly) mindless, tedious, boring battles for minimal rewards (but with progression-locking features after X days) is especially insulting, and counter-productive for someone looking to enjoy their time with the GoW screen up.

But I’m sure Kafka already knows and understands this, since they are in the top-25 players with the most time in-game. So it must be by design. No point in complaining about it; it’s not a problem they care to fix.

1 Like

I personally DON’T want to see difficulty level of daily battles increased without also reducing the amount of battles needed, because then it would take MUCH longer to get the daily grind done. It is tedious for sure, I don’t disagree with that one bit. But if super easy battles means getting done faster so that I have more time to play other games, then I’m all for that.

5 Likes

Easy? For most on the forums yes. For those just starting out? Somewhat tougher. Anything quick for veterans I see as a bonus. But despite new content, I agree, there isn’t much of a challenge in creativity; the challenge is to meet the required grind that new content overload requires. FOMO and completionism is not intended to be possible and new content is designed to keep them playing and paying.

The gatekeeping in these replies only shows why this game is cursed and bad design choices won`t ever change. any kind of feedback gets buried by the brainless: “it’s bad, but you don’t have to” smh.

4 Likes

Really struggling to see what type of player would quit over the newest delve’s shortest route being 5 rooms. This design isn’t even bad, and most players who agree won’t explicitly say it. I defend the developer’s ability to release a delve like this, even if I find the layout a little boring. It’s insulting to say they put no thought into it. I like completing delves, but don’t force myself every day. Additional delves per day is a nice feature for when you have time. I am also not doing the 3 rounds of Arena when I don’t feel like it. When I first saw the achievement Try this one, Geoff, I thought it seemed completely unfair, but now after a year it feels achievable even at this pace. Maybe I’m deceiving myself.

Just took a look at who posted the original post, and now I am not surprised. I thought they were going to quit a dozen dozen times.

4 Likes

I guess, no one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

From my perspective I like the design. It reminds a little bit on a dragon layer dungeon from D&D once upon a time like 20 years ago :wink:

My idea was to give the player a choice. You want to play easy battles? Then you get ten of them. You want to get challenged? You play five, or even three. Of course, higher difficulty, slightly higher rewards.

Or let stronger players skip the easy battles if they don’t want to play them, and play only matches that challenge them.

Like in delves: you want to fight all the rooms? Go ahead. You want to rush? Ok, skip half the dungeon and kill the boss quickly.

I simply don’t like the idea that I need to clear low level battles to get access to pratically every aspect of the game.

Agree. Would be great.

But the dominant monetary model for games these days appears to have evolved from “pay to win” or “pay to play” to “pay to NOT play.” You don’t buy stuff to get an advantage, but to avoid the excruciating grind. It amounts to almost exactly the same thing, with one big difference: it still permits unemployed and retired people, along with those who have been forced back into an office to spread out two hours work over a full day, to compete fully FTP. Most games seem combine elements of all 3 models, but the increasingly unpleasant daily grind seems to have become very popular lately.

I’m old school and would prefer to just make a one time payment and then play. But that’s getting rarer and rarer. Apparently, the P2NP model works too well. So we get games that could easily be made so much better, but there’s no financial incentive and may be penalties for doing so.

Nevertheless there are thousands of games and a million other ways to spend your time. And my view is the moment the grind gets bad enough that you feel strongly enough to complain about it, you need to reassess whether it’s worth continuing to play. Quitting over a minor change is not unreasonable. Expecting developers to care might be. (This last paragraph is not meant for specifically for you, Azelicus.)

You get one life, and it’s typically over sooner than you expect. Something to consider while you’re completing otherwise mindless tasks.

4 Likes

I totally agree with this. When grind sucks up fun, enjoyment and relaxation and replaces it with tedium, frustration and unhealthy levels of play, people will naturally migrate to games where fun is still on the agenda. Sadly, I think that gems has massively overstepped the fun/grind balance point and continues apace further into the domain of grind and unenjoyable gaming experience. No wonder recruiting is become more and more difficult.

2 Likes