You guys really need to lower the amount of chains the computer can get

She explicitly said the game doesn’t cheat against the player. Are you accusing Salty of lying?

2 Likes

Wanted to say too, it’s interesting because I stopped playing MTG and Hex and other card games as well, specifically because ‘black’ always seems to have the upper hand, regardless the (card) game.

In fact I enjoyed GoW for this very reason!! Because it didn’t have an 'insta-death" ‘black’ mana card!!

People reading this I’m refering to how most Magic the Gathering imitation card games almost always have the ‘black death decks’ that have instant ‘you die instantly’ cards.

So while other decks like white and green ‘build’ units, that can take many turns, all the sudden the opponent pulls out a ‘black insta-death’ card and all that hard work and time goes poof out the window.

Gems was the first game I played that didn’t have that lame mechanic…
well, ironically, (lol), till kraken etc came along…

Now they’re heading down that same slope and people that just want to relax and have fun will get sick of it…

So yeah, I agree with you and wanted to add that yeah it’s a problem with the black decks in card games, and Gems made a mistake by following in that same footstep…

4 Likes

You know it’s interseting, it’s quite the word play in Salty’s statement there.

Instead of trying to instigate something that would go nowhere, I’d ask you this -

since all pvp is at equal or higher levels than you, then what exactly was the point of what Salty said?

Nobody complains about AI cheating in ‘quest’ mode, only pvp. and pvp is always equal or higher level than you.

So I don’t know, you figure it out…

(lol…)

(I’m not even implying anything, just literally saying since the devs don’t plan on giving us ‘hard data’ on anything, I think it’s not unreasonable to be left with a gut feeling overall of how the games been playing out recently and go with that since we have no other ways of looking at things… especially since her ‘explanation’ doesn’t make sense (doesn’t fit how the game is designed).

1 Like

What the heck?

Are they paying you to apologize for the game?

lol I say that (knowing full well it sounds so ‘instigative’) because like most people will agree with, by all means show us the data!!

But they won’t so saying “the burden is on you to prove it (as the player)” sounds incredibly assinine, since the players are never going to be given a rundown of the code they’re using.

Saying the burden of proof is on people that will never be allowed to get that proof sounds of fundamentalist religious talk,
lol…

Just saying…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s only that…

Merlantis, Urskaya and Blackhawk barely added anything meaningful to the game. Unless new cards come being already more powerfull/usefull than the previous ones there is little reason to even build decks about some kingdoms’s mechanics.

1 Like

and while people were busy playing games on their computer,

the patriot act has been passed and it allows the charging and elimination of ‘suspects’ without the need for proof or anything.

and that’s going to become the norm for the world.

Just saying while we’re on about normal functioning anything lol…

: P

If they gave you “hard data,” would you believe it? Do they need to open-source their software? Do you trust the compiler? Do you trust your operating system?

If you don’t accept her word as being in good faith, then there is no point in asking for developer responses on anything. Conversation runs on trust. If you are so determined to twist a plain statement like “the AI does not cheat” into “hocus pocus alacafreemasons” then you will never be satisfied with any response they’ll ever give.

8 Likes

I agree totally,

but yeah the idea now is not to ‘add more’ to ‘beat’ those op cards, since that’s not technically possible (how can you ‘beat’ a card that kills you instantly? you can’t)

hence why the krakens, mab and a few others are literally broken the game.

I honestly feel without taking those recent 3 suggestions (as made in another recent thread) seriously this game is going to go nowhere,
or at least not be able to ‘retain’ players (and only capitalize on the new ones)

It’s really that simple the game has reached it’s ‘shelf-life’ date by how they rushed the recent op cards out.

Either that or make drastic changes to pvp to eliminate the constant use of the same units.

Not much more can be said I think

I am not the one trying to get things changed. I’m not looking for a flaw in the accounting. You are. Thus, to effect change, you will need to demonstrate that things are not operating as advertised.

I want to see the UI fixed. The core game logic is fine as-is to me; thus the burden remains upon you.

3 Likes

Freemasons? I never said anything about Freemasons… but while you’re on the subject yeah they view the masses (players etc) as cattle to be milked. (And lying is an acceptable way to do that)

Considering other games have run into this same problem (and be shown to have been ‘guilty’, it’s a tough call to continue this type of conversation, like you said, without hard data.

I’m admitting I don’t have all the facts, I may even be wrong.

I’m just wondering why you’re defending them so much when recent changes have shown them to not be so willing to take players seriously, along with the influx of people saying something’s weird/different/unfair with the AI of late.

I’m sorry I responded so much I’ll stop now, just want to make sure players realize this type of stuff might be possible, since it’s now old news in the gaming world.

I never said ‘for sure they programmed the AI to cheat’,

My premise was to make sure the people that have a ‘gut-feeling’ going on that something is wrong realize that yes, there might actually be something wrong.

And not to turn tail and run off thinking they’re wearing ‘tin-foil’ hats or something like that.

People have more power through their intuition than they realize, wanted to make sure they gave that a chance.

Make the AI have better sky fall chances causing you to loss more. Which in turn makes you feel
Like you need better troops. So you buy more gems. They win. Any time they need money the devs can just turn up the AI luck to lower you chances. There isn’t nothing they can say that would make me relieve they didn’t raise the AI chances specially in war. I’m so close to leaving this game. There isn’t anything fun about it anymore.

1 Like

@Lyya you are on fire! This made me LOLOLOLOLOLOL

1 Like

Alright, turns out the steam reviewer was so nice and actually let me know where he got that from (I asked him the second I saw that review, because yes, and it’s getting a bit frustrating having to constantly ‘defend’ myself this way …), here is a direct copy/paste (it’s interesting it is NOT that “it was too easy at low levels” remark)

isis.kemet 21 hours ago
There is a post on the forums from when the Unity patch came out in June indicating that the “luck favored the player too much” and was “unfairly biased against the AI”. There was a bit of an uproar at the time, but like most things on the forums, after a couple weeks everyone “forgets”.

Perhaps it was in the same thread as what you quoted, but you can see from what this guy is saying, it sounds much more like they started the game ‘even’, and somehow decided the AI needed ‘better luck’.

Sanity would take that as "We’re going to make the game tougher now! Too bad for all of you!.. "

anyways unless you want to include a proper link to a thread where devs are making valid clear statements I would ask no more 'attack’s be directed at me regarding trying to ‘twist’ anything into hocus-pocus or whatever/ whatnot.

People have the intuition to sense something isn’t right, the devs have made their statements (as noted by other people such as above) that indicate some kind of trend towards ‘increasing difficulty’ in the game, the only thing left is ‘actual programming data’ that will -Never- come,

→ So, since there will never be any ‘proof’ that the game -Isn’t- being tampered with, please stop attaching your ego to a game that obviously makes it’s point to rip you off every chance it gets (and thereby flaming someone else in the process).

When a game actually tries to charge you 50 bucks a pop for stuff that has little/no significance in your ability to play, yeah, I’m going to not think it’s that big a stretch that things are being ‘twisted’ in the background regarding how the gameplay works.

Don’t like it, tough, we all have free will to have our opinions, Stop telling people they’re making stuff ‘up’ when those said people are using mostly ‘reality’ to come to their conclusions.

People in the thread can decide what they want to think, leave it up to them,
thanks…

1 Like

Thanks for reminding ‘others’ people like us do exist…
(who don’t take everything at ‘face’ value and want to let ourselves get screwed over etc…)

The forum has a search feature. Please use it, and link the post in question.

I agree, though, that this thread has entirely too much ego in it.

EDIT: This may be the thread you’re referring to.

3 Likes

Hrmmm… Funny thing tho… I have been playing GoW for 2 years now and i dont feel as though i have ever been “ripped off” by the game, players, or devs… So… Yeah… Theres that.

Actually a direct quote was provided… You just chose to understand it in the exact opposite way it was written lol.

Salty said the AI favors the player and you read that to mean the AI favors the AI… All to further your own agenda… Whatever that is.

My recommendation to you. Chillax, have a cuppa, stop cowering from phantom conspiracy launched by the devs, maybe have a nice lunch (hot dogs would be perfect) and come back once you have figured out how logic works.

Cheers mate
Vangor

3 Likes

Imagine how good this world would have been if hot dogs cured people with bad logic sense lol

3 Likes

Maybe they do! I eat many hot dogs!

1 Like