You can activate auto-scout for Explore without the required VIP level

Platform, device version and operating system
Playstation 4 Pro

Screenshot or image

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
_There should be the spend 50 gold to scout option while exploring.
_Auto-Scout is enabled when I perform the steps, even though I do not possess the feature or VIP level.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
_Any time I perform the steps to activate the glitch.

Steps to make it happen again
_I immediately started up the game, went to my explore, and saw the spend 50 gold to scout option. After which, I went to PVP, Battle Log, Clicked the top player, and clicked Fight. I immediately backed out and went back to explore to find that the auto-explore feature was once again enabled for all my kingdoms/explores.

The above steps work for me EVERY time, no matter how many times I restart the application, or lose the auto-scout due to server refresh.

Viewing a team in PVP disables the glitch as well as restarting the application, but I can immediately re-enable the glitch using the above method.

I hope this helps you Devs!

1 Like

This bug is really old,but never saw anyone report it,it first happened to me before the new guild tasks.They fix positive bugs really fast,and fix negatives one slow as a turtle,so i stopped reporting bugs because of this ā€œdiscriminationā€.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input. Iā€™ll take that to heart for the next time I decide to report a bug for them, since it would appear that I may have wasted my time - but weā€™ll see. If anything, at least this will let people take advantage of their slow response to fixing issues and get some free auto-scouting.

A bug that help the players,like this will be fixed minutes after they saw your post dont worry.If you report a bug,that makes things harder for players thoughā€¦thats a different story.Im not negative,or anything,thats whats happening,no offense intented,its just the truth.

1 Like

They only respond slow if the bug adversely affects players. Anything we benefit from is fixed with lightning speed.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t see this as a HUGE advantage for the players, but it is an advantage nonetheless. A bugā€™s a bug though, so I figured Iā€™d report it, whether it helps us or not, itā€™ll all eventually get patched. May as well cut our losses sooner than later and be done with it.

1 Like

Does the unpaid auto-scouting only work on Explore, or does it happen in PVP too?

From what Iā€™ve experimented with and gathered, itā€™s only for Explore. In fact, viewing teams in PVP actually DISABLES the glitch.

Explore only

Iā€™ve been playing this game 2 years now and this bug has been around as long as I can remember. I stumbled across it no long after I started playing the game, there really isnā€™t any benefit from it.

Then it isnā€™t really a big deal. You can essentially ā€˜auto-scoutā€™ by entering and retreating from battles at no cost (except for time).

Yeah,always found it funny,that it never got fixed,Sometimes it actually shows the pvp teams too.They never found the bug obviously.

Oh, NOW itā€™s going to get fixedā€¦

Exactly. Why would anyone scout in explore anyway?

1 Like

Maybe just for weekly events if youā€™re trying to farm particular troop-types or mana colors. I do so much explore it never much matters, but if they ever run a ā€œkill 300 constructs in exploreā€ event, Iā€™d think about it.

I cant reproduce the pvp team showing part,maybe its not working anymore.

True but it doesnā€™t take seconds to go in and retreat to get a different team. Iā€™ve never seen it in PvP though, just explore.

If it was more beneficial Iā€™d have kept it from the eyes of the Devs, but this just makes them look tacky, which is why I reported it. It really isnā€™t that useful, and itā€™s like I said, itā€™s more of a nuisance than anything to have the ā€œfree auto-scoutingā€ activated. Iā€™d only see use in it for PVP, which you canā€™t do, or at least that Iā€™ve found.

1 Like

In that case, maybe it will just be a 50 gold workaround in the occasional week where people want to farm explore for particular troop-types. No real harm to the devs, the economy or any other player.

1 Like