Yes I know another maw thread

I normally don’t post on these (honestly, I normally don’t even read them), but I can’t quite agree with that sentiment. Gold (arguably the most important resource, by proxy) is most easily obtained through PvP. When you are strapped for time, the general time of completion per match is crucial. Sure, there are teams that will win 99% of the time, but they tend to be fairly slow.

Now, if we say that each match should require strategy to complete in a timely manner and that each team has a perfect counter (such is actually true), you have to factor in all the lost time scouting (I am not VIP 3) and switching out teams. I wouldn’t mind switching out teams to counteract opponents if I was able to see the enemy set-up from the rip, but having to scout over and over and over ad infinitum is incredibly irritating. Therefore, I see no other option than to alternate between three teams (Sooth, Mab, Valk, Mab; Sooth, Valk, C Bat x2; Maw, IK, Sheggra, Mercy) until I concoct an even better universal team, because the lost time with scouting and switching teams is (additively) nothing to scoff at.

2 Likes

He consumes and stores the enemy until he needs to use their energy source. He rarely spits but he always swallows the enemy or object. Chef kirby needs kirby to eat a pan, fire kirby needs kirby to swallow fire.
The thing maw does not do is gain the spell the enemy has not its traits. Would make an interesting troop idea though to go full kirby.

Kirby does Dallas?

1 Like
1 Like

Both gold and trophies got a LOT easier to obtain as of 2.0. There’s no reason either should accumulate as quickly as they do. Both only matter for guilds past the point of all kingdoms lvl10 anyway.

Or maybe just slow down, lose a few matches, and enjoy the game. :innocent:

2 Likes

Wasn’t that Debbie?

Kirby ate Debbie.

What a fiend.

1 Like

I really wish they would quit spitting out counters and just nerf Mercy/Maw. We want interesting new cards, not 5 or 10 Mercy counters that still don’t solve the problem.

6 Likes

I agree 100%. Broken Maw is a stupid card right from the start… and combined with empowered Mercy it is plainly ridiculous. I dont have any difficulty vs Maw teams at all… especially if I run my own Maw team against it… which is super boring imo.

And after… I dont know… two months (?)… they come up with the idea to introduce a whole anti-maw kingdom. Sure, it’s not broken at all… lets add a ton of stuff that specifically works as a counter against it anyway, cause… reasons. -.-

I really enjoy playing this game. But to me it appears they just add one broken thing after another… everyone hates maw? Lets add Queen Mab… and a ton of op natural mythics. Cant wait to see the next ffed up thing they add everyone can complain about.

1 Like

I’m not saying nerf shadow hunter, but the amount of times that card gets one-hits on my creatures. :rage:

But how could you put my enjoyment juxtapose yours and suppose mine isn’t correct? I am done leveling kingdoms; I am now starring them. I am in the end-game meta and getting rewards as fast as possible is all that matters to me. This is my enjoying the game. You know what would make me enjoy it more? If I could auto-scout teams without having to spend $30. I wouldn’t mind using 100 gold per match to scout every time automatically, but clicking it every time kills the QOL on the game, and forces me to use a universal meta team.

I can’t speak on how easy it is post-2.0, as I started playing after it took effect. That said, I am in a guild where both gold and trophies matter, so it does affect me…

Any change that slows the game down, or reduces gold/trophy accumulation, wouldn’t affect you at all, because it would change for everyone. It’s not like Tacet would keep the same guild requirements if a change meant it took twice the games played to get there… and neither would any other guild.

2 Likes

I still favor a nerf for Maw’s third trait, even with the new counters. Getting multiple devours is just silly.

1 Like

I guess I misinterpreted what you said. Never mind. Anyway, this is all fairly off topic.

In short, I don’t care if Maw gets nerfed or not. I would just find another troop that can the same/better job. Such is the meta; ever-changing, but constant. I never skip any teams and I always choose the hardest option. It doesn’t bother me if I lose. I know that the odds are heavily in my favor, but some variance is out of my control. Maw has devoured my troops and I have still won multiple times, so I don’t mind any outcome to any troop.

Adapt or die. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s World of Warcraft: Rogue backstab crit! I do think he/she is too buff for a rogue though, fit all those muscles into the shadows? i think not.

2 Likes

I have 4 kingdoms at 5* and working on more. So we are not that far off.

The problem I see is that you call that the “end-game meta” when in reality this game has no “end” as such. They’ve already said the level cap is going to be changed and they’re adding new cards and kingdoms at a fairly rapid pace. In fact, this is the general appeal with a lot of F2P games - their nature is to entice long-term support (aka $$$) by not having a traditional closed “ending”.

The way I see it, by focusing on speed, speed, and more speed, you’re shortening the length of time you will be enamored with the game. If the game is fun, why do that?

This is, of course, only my opinion.

3 Likes

This is just a semantic distinction that distracts from the underlying problem. Call it “late game” or “super advanced” or whatever you like (though “end game” is traditionally what it’s called).

The problem is that for people at this point, seeing the same team over and over and over again becomes very boring and it drives people away. When the “meta” is “stale” it’s a really bad thing for any game. (And it also means people have less incentive to spend since they never need another team). It’s further compounded by the fact that folks have been complaining for a couple of months.

6 Likes

“Yeah, I think about the end just way too much, but it’s fun to fantasize.” :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’ve talked about it before, but I have a masochistic perversion with playing games well after their release and attempting to “catch-up.” I started this game less than two months ago, and I am lvl 333 with 5 (I think) kingdoms 5 starred and a few souls away from another. Getting to the end doesn’t mean I’d stop playing, but I still want to get as close to it as possible, as quickly as possible.

I’m am a sick one. :sweat:

1 Like