World Event Team selection bug

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC laptop, running Steam

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Looking at these week’s world event I saw it wanted purple troops. So I copy and pasted a Guild War team. 2 of the troops did not copy (they were red), but 2 did. When I tried to play the game, I got the error above. Turns out the 2 that were allowed (Zuul, and Glaycion) were actually NOT allowed (despite being purple). Bug #1: they too should not have pasted over. Bug #2: The error message should have been more specific. It took me a LONG time to figure out the problem – “event rules” is not enough of a description.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Unclear. It might have been there all along and this WE just made it apparent since purple troops were eliminated with not reason why.

Steps to make it happen again

Paste this team into your World Event. Try to play.

The restriction is not just purple troops, there are also role limits (scroll down in the filter).

3 Likes

Still a bug. The troops that should have been disqualified shouldn’t have copied. Also (still a bug) saying “troops don’t satisfy ROLE requirement” would have been useful.

This is currently working as intended but I’ve marked the thread as feedback and will put in a quality of life request for how this works.

Heya Kafka,

Could you please clarify the reasoning why it is intended that troops that are not allowed, due to color, will not copy/paste into the event team, but troops that are not allowed, due to role, will copy/paste into event team? It seems incredibly odd for this to be intentional behavior.

2 Likes

Working as intended

That does seem to be a bad design. Moreover, why can’t the error message say “not correct role” or something like that?

1 Like