Wisp counters needed

@Darkness did you try my suggestion?

Not yet. Running with @Eika’s suggestion first as that one has troops I’ve already used before. I felt that the familiarity with the troops (it always takes me a bit of time to figure out how to play a troop best) would give me a better chance at success. I’m going to go with @Eika’s suggestion for a while to see how it fares long term. But I’ll definately also try the other suggestions in this topic. :slight_smile:

Including mine?

Why wouldn’t I? If it gives me a better chance to beat Wisp then why wouldn’t I use it? I just tried @Eika’s first because of the familiarity with the troops.

Because you want me banned and i am sure it would burn you real good to have to admit i was right (which i doubt you would do anyway)

Thats why…

Maybe i am wrong but i dont think you expected me to actually tell you how i beat wisps

Why would I ask for suggestions to counter Wisp and then refuse to use them? Doesn’t that seem rather counterproductive to you?

I will admit that I am surprised that you actually posted the team that you use to beat Wisp, considering the rather antagonistic feelings you seem to have towards me (If I recall correctly you do consider me to be one of the bullies that is harassing you all the time about your opinions and you’ve specifically called me out on that in the past). So yes, your willingness to post a potentially helpful suggestion surprised me a lot. :slight_smile:

i have 2 counter that effective:

1. “Retreat” button.
  2. Scout and ignore.

i prefer second choice.

6 Likes

Yes it does

To this i will respond via PM if you care to discuss it so let me know i am not trolling i mean it. Believe it or not i can be quite reasonable.

Why wouldnt i be willing to help? If you ask around i have been known to be extremely helpful to many people for no reason other than to be helpful.

1 Like

I use this team whenever I fight against Wisps or Goblins. Easy wins. Nothing to worry about.

Gorgotha
Borealis
Death
Queen Aurora

(Blue/Yellow banner).

Death Mark is extremely effective. And of course Death deals some decent AOE.

1 Like

Who are Shiny and Salad? :confounded:

2 Likes

Shiny is krystenax and salad is sylvanimora

3 Likes

…that’s my everyday team.

As long as TDS manages to cast, there’s a chance. It’s a long “as long as.”

3 Likes

I never said I win against wisp 90 percent of the time. I do however take losses like a champ!

I know it prolly sounded like I was saying I have no issue beating them. Honestly. I’ve noticed that they are everywhere now…but I just retreat if I get hit first.

I just meant I have fun using all different types of teams to beat them. I’m gonna say it was mostly luck in the fact I got my spell off first…

2 Likes

You have to be faster to start and deal lethal damage to their key troops before letting them cast (if it all), thats pretty much it. 1-2 matches on two or four colors as an entry point is your best best. It is also best if you can start the team by matching or eliminating purple (Mercy) then red red. If you are adding red or purple to the board, you have to be able to keep the turn until both wisps are dead. The team hurts with green and blue depending on the configuration, but relies on red and purple to infinite chain. Disabling one of the wisps with a skull trait is often enough to severely mitigate the chain as well. Neither common configuration uses yellow or brown (I’ve seen famine variants but they are generally much, much easier because the team does not generally generate the massive cascades necessary to fill famine). You also have to pay close attention for the first two turns. What can skydrop here to match with the adjacent gems? Will this give wisp mana before me?

That being said, I’m not going to say wisp is still not a problem. I’d say it might be a bit less than a 5% loss rate if I really buckle down and bring only the teams configured like I described, but that in and of itself is a problem. What I described above is how you deal with pretty much every meta team throughout the history of the game - “counters” are generally vague thing that only work if you can get a favorable start, and if you get a favorable start then you don’t need counters, just loop them to death. Wisp is less of a problem being “overpowered” and more of a problem being “overcentralizing”. If they were nerfed or counterable in a way that mattered if you don’t get a favorable start, we’d just stop seeing them on defense, and go back to other stuff that isn’t really strictly counterable as of yet (like mana drain). If we countered them in a way that power creeped or allowed an even faster start, we’d be in a worse position as when we started because said “counter” troop would then be the unchecked one.

1 Like

3 Likes

Wisps are easy to beat. No counter help needed for me. I tried to help the OP and he doesnt want my help clearly so i can do no more…

Abyssal banner
Shiny
Shiny
TDS
Salad

That has been my standard offensive team (except for Sylv - I often find it not useful enough) for anything but Wisp teams. It doesn’t work that well vs Wisp teams esp. when the Wisp team got Mab too.

Each 3 Wisps casts hitting and the Krys’ are gone and since Wisp is recharged fast (and takes the color I need for TDS); with match luck even in the same turn after scramble; the scenario that my team got killed faster before I could recharge my team twice, hit me often enough to consider other options. Best for me works a Wisp team (vs a Wisp team).
Well, or the usual 1 turn teams. I use the one with Gard, but only if I’m desperate (it’s too boring to play).

For a Krys team I’d even consider a third Krys vs a Wisp team. I don’t know what use Sylv has there. The danger comes from the Wisp spell and not from skulls. Also Sylv is charged too slowly for its spell to be useful.

Weird that you have a different experience.

1 Like

I dont find it weird at all… TDS fills salad easy enough and shiny gets helped by enchant

I am not saying your experience is invalid all i am saying is this is my experience

Takes me (felt) ages to fill Sylv. Green goes to Krys (2x) so only brown goes to Sylv. And by the time that thing is filled I’m done with the opponent or all my troops are charged anyway. And Krys’ spell does more dmg than Sylv’s spell.

Ok then dont use that team… I am not forcing you.

I merely said that it works for me… Doesn’t work for you? Fine no problem but i fail to see the point in telling me repeatedly how my team doesnt work…

Good day