Winter of our Dreams

That’s exactly what he meant. It’s “next week” for me too, because weekly reset is later today for me, I’m already in “this week”. New Faction is 28/8 in “next week”.

I called all towers by their colors, so I thought Blast and Catapult are new, and immediately search for their arts. :rofl:

They are not new. Blast is Red, while Catapult is brown.

So Depths of Sin’s demonic construct had invaded Glacial Peaks, building towers to assault. It looks like the first Invasion that make sense in a while, and we are not the bad guy. Cool story potential!

Also, back when spoiler of these 2 new troops was just released, I thought their name was swapped. Cernunnos’ name felt feminine to me, and a Giant Fey is more suited to demolish towers. But yeah, don’t underestimate Eir’s Icy Fey magic of destruction!

Guild wars is following the 4 weeks rotation, so the next one will be on August 24th, just like RiverSong said:

1 Like

My apologies. To me,that’s still “next week”. Misunderstanding of terms.

This week’s Korean screenshots

3 Likes

Thank you @craysen and fromthestar!
For some reason I thought Clien.net was a Spanish Guild are your players mostly Korean? I’m just curious :slight_smile:

That was a dumb question. I just went to clien.net and that answers that question.

3 Likes

Posting here just because it’s the weekly event thread (and couldn’t see a release thread or any other relevant one).

Thought it was kind of funny (in a tragic way) that the ‘special event’ for the newly-released ‘Mask-supial’ pet we got sent in the mail was just, “2020”:

'Nuff said :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::sob:.

Also, I thought the message itself was nice! Much appreciated. I actually wouldn’t mind receiving these kinds of messages more often.

3 Likes

Mana… generator.
Devs if you don’t have one for the kingdom.
Don’t restrict away the weapons that can work in place of a troop instead.

This isn’t hot garbage… It’s frozen garbage.

tenor - 2020-08-17T023323.885
My face when I saw you did the exact same shit as two weeks ago for restrictions. (Because that’s the “variety” you are aiming for.) But this time it shows how little thought you put into the actual matter.

6 Likes

This is cool though. Lol

(And probably not intended. :man_shrugging:)

1 Like

Lol!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Side-note – thank you Salty for making the top post easily viewable without needing to click, “Show Full Post…”!!

3 Likes

This is a con! For a game so dependent on RNG, this is absolutely outrageous (/mock-rage :slight_smile:)
But really, it is an interesting find if true.

The battles are randomly chosen, but they all have an equal chance of appearing on the map.

If by randomly, you mean randomly chosen at HQ during development and PRESET into a fixed sequence, then sure.

What the image shows is that at 54 battles, the map has reached a state for EVERYONE where there are only 10pt battles on offer. Not much randomness there. At the bottom there is a 56/960 because this person has chosen to take more 10pt battles while leaving some higher scores on the board. But from 55, 56, 57, 58, the only points on offer are very evidently 10pt battles.

This to me clearly shows pre-sequenced battles for each spawn group leading up to this point. I’ve always been intrigued by the lack of diversity in scores vs battles, but looking at it more closely today was eye-opening. I’m sure I’ve seen the same across all previous world events (I stand to be corrected). It’s easy enough to verify this - everyone can compare notes with each other, or compare videos, or sit next to your SO and start the event together.

I may be naive and this is common knowledge to everyone, but I certainly didn’t expect it!

6 Likes

I am so okay with the battles being the same for everyone. It would be infuriating to miss out on an orb of power because someone else was offered a different battle than you got. You did the best you possibly could, but someone got one mythic battle instead of the other so you only get 2 major orbs instead.

3 Likes

There’s a conflict in there somewhere.
Randomness is still guaranteed by valravens, these are personalised AFAIK, so randomness still happens. Worst luck and best luck result in a difference of many games, esp with T7x10 and 256 starting sigils (10’s of battles).

The con here are is the phrases “randomly chosen” and “equal chance of appearing”.

Apparently, the “equal chance” is quite literal.
World Event 2020-7-20: troops (4,6,6,8,8,12) - average score 7.33pts (verified against Taranworld leaderboard history)
World Event 2020-8-10: troops (10,10,20,30) - coalescing around 17.5pts average

In there, we made a topic bulletin board about Gems of War.
Here’s the url: 클리앙 : 젬워한당
(the content is written in Korean, which is obvious)
We translate patch notes or important notices in this forum into Korean and post them on our board.

And as I mentioned before, we have a Telegram bot which provides troop/weapon/class info in our language!

1 Like

But calling it random and say LT random… Means when are both actually random? Or both actually predetermined?

For instance we assume that every mythic troop is in the pool for Mythic LT.
But what if only 5-10 are available during a week or month or patch?

And of that small pool a “random” mythic is chosen?

Seems disingenuous but entirely possible considering my personal experience of collecting 54 Mythic LT. And at least 7 of the LT being exactly the same troop.

“RNG repeats” are not impossible, but they are highly more likely depending on the pool size… And of course, weight of each item in the pool.
Do we honestly think…

… That this statement can be true? Considering 50% give 10 points. 25% give 20 points. And 25% give 30 points. But yet so many scores are exactly the same based on tiers.

Or the “without fluff” version.

And therefore the lowest tiers bought possible in the Invasion.

I am guessing the new siegebreaker isn’t in the event chests?

Seems odd to give people 1 2 or 3 of a thing; then multiply it by 10 for the scoring. I guess it guarantees a zero at the end. But otherwise, very peculiar method of scoring.

3 Likes

Well the framework for World Event scoring is set up to allow different “currencies”.
In the event a couple of weeks back, we had two currencies

• Arcane Energy (pts = 1)
  • Defense Crystal (pts = 10)

So the event always gives “things”, which accumulates “points”.
For events with simpler scoring (single currency) taken alone, it’s less obvious why there are two metrics - “things” and “points”. But it uses the same framework.
I guess the “thing” is there to support a narrative, such as the troops having “characters”, otherwise we’d be playing a game with “Troop #1” through “Troop #800”, nameless and faceless.

I don’t like the random purchase chance associated with the siegebreaker. Such niche troops have always been a specific price within the shop framework (raid/invasion) until now. Of course, there has never been an invasion event associated with glacial peaks but if one is to appear then the new guy will probably appear along with it. That’s a good enough reason for me not to play event shop roulette. 30 gems; no more.

1 Like