Will there ever be a mobile app for the Gems of War Forums?

I’ve been curious about this for a while. I suppose there might not be much point to it, but I just hate having to go to the web on my phone every time I want to utilize the forums - my phone is junk when it comes to browsing the internet!

Please let me know if I’m the only one who would like to see something like this in the future… or, you know, any information as to the possibilities, the reason it’s feasible/ not feasible, etc.

Hmm, with an Android 8 Xperia and Firefox the mobile optimized version of the forum works good.

1 Like

No problems with the Gems of War site itself, my phone is just slow when I go to the web and start searching for the Gems of War Forums (or really anything these days). But I’m not trying to draw attention to my shoddy phone, just the fact that it would be so much nicer to have an app available. It would be so much easier to just hit Gems of War Forums app and instantly be logged in and such. I think it would also be easier to find the forums for some people if it was in the Google App store or something like that.

Personally, I’m thinking opposite. I prefer to keep a tab open on Chrome rather than have a separate app.

Have you tried creating a shortcut on your home screen? That would let you tap it to go straight to the forum homepage. If you’re on Android, open the site in chrome, hit the three dots and then “add to home screen”

3 Likes

I’m comfortably a budget guy, so my phone isn’t a fancy model and acts as a Swiss Army Knife for my many purposes. Having a background app or tab in the background would slow my phone even more, though I’ve never had problems selecting and running apps one by one. It’s not that my phone is incapable of bringing up the forums through the use of the web, or even SLIGHTLY incapable. It’s just more of an annoyance for me to have to navigate through the (granted few) pages to get to the Forums.

A minor gripe, I know, but an app is also pretty classy in my opinion. Even if it may seem pointless, it’s still something that’s pretty cool to have. I’d much rather see the Dev’s utilize their time for more important things, but I was just wondering if it would be a simple endeavor to produce an app, or if it was something already discussed as on the table, or possibly an idea.

They actually use Discourse for hosting the forum, so you can download its app from google play here

I personally didn’t use it, so I don’t know if it’s really good. I normally just bookmark this forum on my default Samsung browser. I hope this will help! ^^

2 Likes

I’ve tried the iPhone Discourse app. It’s ok, but really it’s just a lobby UI in front of a web control that shows the same thing you see in Safari. Don’t much see he point over just bookmarking.

2 Likes