Will the developers ever fix the guild recruitment?

Well, if you were level 9 and you were putting 600-700 trophies a week, I wouldnt have any problem getting you into my guild really.

The one thing no one wants to accept, is that the developers do not care. You can make 100 posts begging for the needed features, and nothing will change. This game is dying, and will be dead soon on Xbox One. Nothing will happen to prevent that. It takes days to create small patches for bugs and maybe a week or two for decent new content, yet months go by without a single update. This has absolutely nothing to do with the delay from Sony/Microsoft on pushing new patches through, that only takes a few weeks at max. On console the top guilds mean very little. I’m in the rank 1 guild and it’s not like I’m getting 1000 free keys a week from tasks. Sure we get more than everyone else, but the realistic amount is probably almost equal to the other top 5 guilds. On PC/mobile the top guilds are an entirely different world. On console though, they are nothing special. None of them even have invite only turned on, it’s generally open join for anyone level 75+ or 100+. A remade invite system would be good yes, but it isn’t going to do much on a dead game where 95%+ of all registered players and guild are inactive. Not showing player gamertags is a joke, period. Since the console version essentially has a “cap” on how strong you can get: their is no difference between a level 70 and a level 300 for the most part. Both of those levels will have level 10 kingdom and level 15 troops. This game is riddled with bugs and glitches, the guild invite system is the least of the problems. Every 10 minutes I get a pop up with a nonsense system error that often shows internal coding. Other error messages are just jumbled phrases of word and characters. Not hard to fix, but they won’t be due to pure laziness. Or the bug where tasks get completed by actions they aren’t supposed to be completed by(PvP matches count towards arena task wins). Or how when you are about to enter a match and have your team troop list expanded, if you close the team and try to pick another it basically hard freezes your console 90% of the time. If not a hard freeze, you have to wait a good 1-2 minutes for it to unfreeze. Or how PvP rewards don’t scale properly. I get 2k gold for beating 4 white cards yet I get 600 gold for beating a 4 legendary team with level 10 kingdom. I always laugh when people say not to disenchant because you will need card copies for the next update. “Oh, you mean that update that probably isn’t going to happen in the next half a year?”. The design of the console version is an all around failure. Don’t hold your breathe waiting for an update.

Forget updates, why is the game still riddled with bugs? Cute when people respond and pick out only what they can conveniently criticize. Come on tell me, why is the game loaded with bugs? Obvious bugs. Bugs that hinder you from the moment you log in. Bugs that have been in the game for months. Bugs that would literally take less than a day to fix. Why are they still in the game after MONTHS? The single biggest error [REDACTED] people make is assuming because a game is free that the developers are in no way obligated to release content or update the game. If a player is willing to spend time playing your game, you are obligated to routinely patch the game.

“Just because requested changes don’t get acted on that instant, doesn’t mean they aren’t read or soon”. Hm, didn’t realize several months was an acceptable time period to continue patting the developer on the back saying “It’s okay bud, we can wait another few months. You keep taking your time working on those updates”. I’m currently wasting my time on this game, so I’d like to see it updated at least once every few moons.

This thread is about guild recruitment though, no more giving attention to the ignorant. Yes, I do support an updated guild recruitment system. Not going to do much on a dead game, but I do support it.

Is there no [Enter] key on consoles?

Yes, that is why they read and interact on the forums almost daily … yep, they don’t care at all … can you point me to a console game where any Devs use and post on forums full of their users?!?

Sounds like every console game ever made … who died and made you king of knowing what changes are “best” … just because requested changes don’t get acted on that instant, doesn’t mean they aren’t read / seen …

Yes, must be laziness … can’t be the fact it’s a small team doing the best they can with the resources they have across every platform they support … NUP, must be laziness !!

… or for a legible paragraph to read :wink:

PS. How much did you pay for the game?!? It should directly reflect your sense of entitlement :confused:

1 Like

Don’t quote me on this, but I’m pretty sure the team who work on PC/Mobile versions, is a completly different group of people than those who make the stuff for Xbox/PS.

This is 90% correct, and you can quote me on it.

The PC/mobile version is developed by InfinityPlus2 (or whatever current incarnation of Infinity Interactive is)… it is published by 505 games…

The consoles version is where 505 games take the PC/mobile version and adapt it with their own developers (or some other outsourced guys) to publish onto consoles too…

Obviously Infinity and 505 talk all the time, and presumably share some tasks / ideas, but in general these are separate games run by separate teams at separate stages of lifecycle…

Note also this forum is run by Infinity and its those devs that post here and respond to the talk here… and have a really good record of adapting game or explaining things in response to feedback…

505 have an account on here, but we don’t see them much, so much of the ranting about consoles may be missing the mark, I’m afraid…

Awww… we DO care though.
That’s why it’s Saturday night here in Aus, and we’re in the office working hard on the 1.0.9 update. We know that doesn’t matter to our players though… you want solutions, and you want them asap. That’s fair enough… we’re always striving to improve and deliver things with more speed and stability. But I like to try and set realistic expectations where I can. Fixes and updates aren’t as simple you describe… here are a few reasons why:

1. Sometimes seemingly simple bugs are a lot more complex than you might imagine. Every programmer who has ever worked in a large codebase knows there are areas of the code that are problematic. That’s not incompetence or laziness - that’s a reality of software engineering.

2. Sometimes an issue doesn’t get “improved/fixed” because we know we’ll be rewriting that system in a couple of months. It’s more sensible to spend time NOW working on another issue. We can’t share all of our timelines and production plans with you guys, but as an example the reason we’re not touching guild stuff in 1.0.9 on Mobile/PC is that we know we’re about to embark on some big guild changes in 1-2 months.

3. Pushing stuff through Sony/Microsoft/Apple/Google is more than just simply pressing a button. It entails a lot of QA and Production costs, and there are other things to consider such as timing of releases and content to try and get features, which helps our game immensely.

4. Finally and very importantly… the game is actually very healthy at the moment - it has a large active playerbase on all platforms which has been steadily growing for the last 6 months.

5 Likes