Will guild wars rules change?

So, and I’m just telling you the way things are.
There is only one way up the GW brackets, and that’s to join or take over a guild that is already high level. Maybe that will change when they add the best 27 out of 30 for GW scores.

1 Like

There comes a time, Scrooge, when Power Orbs cease to sparkle, when Sacred Treasures lose their luster, and all that is left , is an Orc’s love for his warhammer…

Dead guilds are best left to rot. Their leadership failed. It is those that should disband. I am against 27/30 GW scoring, and doubt it will benefit newer guilds. No matter.

If your guild leader ever retires, I hope he chooses a worthy successor. It would be lamentable if yet another dead guild cluttered the Krystaran landscape.

Go on, grab a fresh account and tell me what you feel about new explore, new scaling and locked kingdom quest progression, and deeds.
And let’s not pretend that game do not have fundamental issues with it’s gatcha systems - acquiring 2 new troops a week when you already have resources is very different from starting now and having to grind for a huge pool of troops, 90% of who are dead on arrival and has virtually no uses.

Content is ditched out so the old players have something more to do, with zero regard to new players, but lets get to original topic and talk about guild wars being a quintessence of that.

Here is a good real example to you:
When i started, i joined a guild that was, frankly, half-dead. It had somewhere between 15 and 25 people in it while i was there, couldn’t finish statues, only a handful of people even got halfway to weekly seals, guild events were regulary ignored and every war was a thrashing by every active guild in braket.
Long story short, right now i’m in a very different guild, with plenty of LT, and only 1 guild war in past 6 months NOT being with us ranking 1 in braket with big gap.

To this day we are nowhere near “first” guild in guild wars, and we just recently matched them on daily pvp rewards.

To get back to your (bad) football analogy, there are 18 clubs in the same exact league, playing the same game, with same rules, except points aren’t set to 0 at the start of each new season and instead are accumulated, so newly promoted club have no chance to get anywhere, because it is tens of thousands points behind competition and you can only get 102 even if you play perfectly.

That is, simply put, absurd.

1 Like

Please watch your language. You can disagree with the game direction without being disrespectful of the developers or community.

3 Likes

Empowered troops do not bother me. You get to use them on your Def as well. Remember there is a counter for everything if you look hard enough. As for the not moving up enough brackets thing well there are several guild in high brackets that will take you. People keep making new guulds then demanding to move to bracket one when they know that’s not what’s going to happen but that never stops the complaining.

1 Like

And did not Phepls have to win certain competitions before his Olympics? No one can go straight to final phase, doesn’t matter which sport, neither real life nor e-sports.

Every single sport has like qualifiers/stages/phases/groups/leagues/etc, that you have to pass to have a chance to the final rush.

Phelps had to compete in many competitions because the United States has hundreds of athletes who want to compete in the Olympics, so we have lots of qualifying matches to send the people we think represent the best chances for performance. The Olympic Committee does not require athletes to have performed in any events. (One could argue participating in events is dangerous, as athletes have to be considered “non-professional” to qualify. Except for baseball and basketball somehow? I don’t know.)

There have been athletes like Eric Moussambani who hadn’t even seen an olympic-sized pool before his event. He set a record for slowest time but still technically won his round because his competitors were disqualified for false starts. (He didn’t advance because his time was so slow.)

All that’s required is for a country to pay the money to enter an athlete. They didn’t send him because they thought he’d win gold, they did it because it’s a sign of prestige to have a presence at the Olympics. It’s a pretty big sporting event. And there are no qualifiers. But it’s pay to play, and arguably pay to win.

“Every single sport” is a pretty wide net. I’m with you that it’s common, and I can even name some major events where last years’ winners have advantages, but it’s ridiculous to believe that “a newcomer is excluded from the championship rush” is a critical component for every competitive event, or that “last year’s winner gets some free points” is also required.

I think GW brackets should reset annually, and if the system worked as well as it’s supposed to we’d see more or less the same top 100 after the first 2 rounds, right? All those super-skilled people at the top would certainly rise again if they had to fight some n00bs for a round or two, right?

I think any guild who does not have at least 15 players completing all battles should drop to the bottom. Put them all in order of points. It does not really matter because all they care about is free rewards for signing up.

Next take all the other guilds and compress them into their brackets with all the inactives removed.

The further out you are the faster it should be to advance. If you win bracket 100 then you should jump 20 or so brackets, get 2nd and jump 10. If you are in bracket 50 and win jump 10 brackets, get second and jump 5.

The closer you are to the top the less the movement. Bottom 2 in bracket 1 drop to bracket 2 and top 2 in bracket 2 move to bracket 1. Bottom loser bracket 2 goes to 4 and 2nd loser goes to 3. Etc etc. Increasing the numbers gained or lost as you get further out.

There are many things that can be done and why nothing has been done for so long is beyond me. Guild wars is my favorite part of the game and the entire reason I play. I would love the opportunity to start a guild and actually bring it to bracket 1 in a reasonable time frame instead of having to pass it on to my kids to carry on my pipe dream of some day having my very own created bracket 1 guild.

2 Likes

What makes a player elite and what makes a guild elite?

So, the fifth day of the war. And today we have a guild whose existence is denied by the developers and some players - the dead guild.
“Admiral1600”

Why is she dead? Because 0 points after four days of war? Yes. And here’s why:
First player

Second player

Third player

Fourth player

And they did not have a fifth player for the war. Because this guild is dead. There is no complete roster for war. And the current incomplete roster is non-playing players.
And this is a screenshot from the bracket in front of us:

This is after four days of war.
Are these not dead guilds? And which ones? Active? Why should we play with such guilds? We do not need upper brackets. We need interesting guild wars.
Developers, do something.

7 Likes

The problem is that guild isn’t dead by the devs standard. Someone in there pushed the register button just to get the small default GW rewards.

That said, I agree they need to do something about dropping these low GW activity guilds faster down the brackets.

3 Likes

Agree with you there, gw should be season-based, with a season lasting between 6 months and 1 year.
Winner of the season could get something extra, like an exclusive (and perma-rare) guild banner/titles/portraits, that are season exclusive, non-buyable, an non-returnable.

Once a season’s over, reset all gw leaderboards and everyone starts from 0 in next season.

3 Likes

I fear it will not get any better for you soon. We are currently in b24 on xbox, and would beat the combined highest 3 scores of the guilds in brackets 23-25.

Of course it is possible these guilds are ‘gaming the game’ as they lull our guild into a false sense of security, and then they’ll make their push Sunday night.

Today we are fighting the 8th place guild, which finished in 8th place in b23 last time. Their score is not significantly worse than the others in the bracket. Maybe if they were in danger of dropping more than 1 bracket, they could even finish 2nd.

I don’t see anyone ‘demanding to be in b1’ in this thread @rojo. Personally, i’m just asking for more competitive fights. We’ll get them eventually. It’s just taking a long time.

2 Likes

Bracket 132 is the problem.

If you care about guild wars, find a competitive guild. This has been an issue since day one of guild wars, and that was years ago.

2 Likes

Just because it was a problem years ago, doesn’t mean something shouldn’t be done about it.

If we take that attitude, they should leave delves the way they are too. If you can about delves, take a day off school/work during the Tuesday Faction Assaults, and buy potions to beat the old, hard ones.

A very good question.

Elite players have virtually everything in the game, so team construction and strategy revolves around ‘what exists’ instead of ‘what I have’.

Elite guilds consist of 30 elite players.

It may get changed when guild wars gets an overhaul when they implement best 27/30 scores.
It’s not getting changed before, no matter the endless years of complaining. Been here long enough to have seen the endless complaints. For years, started about week three of guild wars back when it was weekly.

Seven tier VII shop purchases over the long weekend a delve comes out. Or settle for 2300.
It is what it is, and maxing delves is a gem pit by design.

This is kind of the drum I’m beating. It’s dumb that GoW’s only message is, “Don’t start new guilds. Join the ones that are already up there. They mysteriously shed 2-3 players every week, you’ll get in!”

It also means those guilds at the top don’t often face new challengers, as there’s dozens if not hundreds of brackets of buffer between them and talented new players. So it’s most likely those talented players go join them until they burn out instead of making a new guild that challenges the top guilds. Then they leave and get replaced again by the next person disgruntled with the climb, etc. The end result is the “best guilds” are comfy, sure in the knowledge they will only have to face the same guilds over and over again and won’t ever lose many of their rewards. It’s not that it isn’t hard to maintain that position, but they never have to face the risk of there being a new, innovative challenger from the outside. (A lot of the troop design prevents that too, it’s not just the ladder.)

There’s not a “the problem”. There are a lot of systems interacting and the whole thing sort of stinks. GW and its bracket system made sense when GoW was small and GW was the only competitive event. It is set up for a small game and GoW is not a small game anymore. The only people who benefit from the current system are the guilds in the top brackets. They “earned” those positions for the most part 3+ years ago, and now that it’s monthly it’s even less likely anyone will ever beat them.

So of course you defend it. You benefit very much from having your seat reserved, and you know even if you lose it there’s a nice one next to it you’ll get. It’d be a shame if you had to think about defending your seat more than once per month and the consequences of losing it existed, wouldn’t it?

5 Likes

No thanks. To come to where everything was achieved without me is not my choice.

1 Like

I’ll give one final attempt here, if Elite guilds have 30 Elite players, then perhaps great guilds have great players and good guilds have good players. Dead/dying guilds have no/few players.

We earn maybe one fourth the trophies your guild earns. We don’t deserve to be in the same bracket with you. I think that is your point, and I will not dispute it. Why then should a guild that earns one tenth of our trophies be allowed in our bracket?

I fought in b1/b2 before. If GW was every week, I’d still be there fighting. But I have no interest in Raid/Invasion. And I’ve seen GW mercenaries kicked hours before reset so they don’t get rewards.

If Portal rates can change, and guild tasks can change, than GW can change. And not to 27/30. I don’t like that at all. My guild has 30 great players. Well, maybe not by everybody’s standards. I’m a little odd…

1 Like