Wicked Witch of the Wet

One or two luck scrolls for headstart buyers can be very fair

2 Likes

2 is literally more than what is possible, the easiest and most fair fix is to just guarantee the first luck scroll is on floor 8

2 Likes

Getting hit by lightning is also rarer than finding a quarter in the gutter, and still people somehow prefer the latter. For the record, a Power Scroll is considered pretty much useless due to diminishing returns. For all practical purposes it’s a tiny fraction of a stat point, most guilds actively avoid it.

Why not just rework the Headstart so that it contains Fireball/Heroism scrolls instead of all the other stuff? That essentially amounts to the same, except that players are able to pick rooms instead of having someone unfamiliar with the game decide for them.

7 Likes

Boons do not help the guild. If they did then there would be no reason to scout because everyone would want them. It is not unfair to give a person paying real money a Luck scroll. If they end up getting an extra at floor 8 then great they had a 25% chance and they did it. They have a 75% chance to not get it the other way after spending money. That make no sense to me. I did not buy it but just stating what is fair.

3 Likes

I must have a basic misunderstanding of what boons do.

How do stats not help players perform better?

I wouldn’t call the Power Scrolls useless, but I personally don’t find them worth it and I advise our guild members to skip those.

First thing is that you need to collect multiple boons per +1 stat and the necessary number increases with each subsequent stat point.
Next, when enemies have high durability and high damage output +1 stat point you would receive after collecting 10 or whatever boons does not matter - if players struggle they are much better off just using multiple sigils for a battle to increase their stats.

So, for most part only scouts will be the ones collecting boons and all other guild members following later simply ignore them as a waste of time and sigils for no substantial reward.

3 Likes

Thats what i thought. Does Magic not matter? I remember farming a lot for +4 Magic.

As a high level it doesn’t matter to me but some guilds/players do need that boost to finish the 25 floors. I also remember trying to help less capable guild members

I really felt the stat difference during this week’s Epic Trials. I had the most losses in a while and don’t envy those with lower stats.

Surprisingly, I won 3 of the 5 matches with a buffed Anointed One. I didn’t expect him survive long enough. The other 2 were with Thrall spam. 1 with Thrall/Magnus and the other 3 Thralls because Magnus died early one match.

(5th match with Anointed One)

1 Like

It usually doesn’t matter enough for Tower of Doom. Opponents scale up quickly, to a point where +4 magic just means throwing extra cotton balls. It may help newer players to go one level deeper, that’s not much of a selling point though. Levels can’t be repeated, so they just get stuck a tiny bit later.

1 Like

Do you take off your Nyshas as you climb higher?

As you climb higher since Magic doesnt really matter wouldnt it be more favorable to switch to Orpheus? Harder fights = longer battles and lingering status effects

It is usually more favorable to switch to Orpheus for later ToD, in case of Death Mark incidents.

2 Likes

I don’t even put Nysha medals on and just stick with Orpheus medals the whole event. Early on they wouldn’t make a difference, once things get tough I’d rather not lose a troop to Deathmark just for a tiny bit of extra damage.

1 Like

The Sea Hag is not the weekly event captain, but it looks like it is the shiny troop of the week. Just wanted to confirm if there’s still the 20% chance to pull this shiny troop token from shiny chests this week, or is it a purely random draw for any shiny troop token?

The shiny troop of the week token has a 20% chance to be pulled, not just weekly event captains. Sea Hag shows up as the 20% troop of the week in-game, but I myself am not going to test if that’s accurate.

1 Like

Trial team troops and ai was very strong this week
5 wins, 2 losses in autoplay mode

Would be awesome if someone would check if names are already used.
In german we now have two “Band der Verdammnis” and also two “Seehexe”

Why not name all troops the same for better user experience

3 Likes

In german we now have two “Band der Verdammnis” and also two “Seehexe”

oops, I’ve just reported this thank you!

3 Likes

I sense something like the Death - Death (Tarot) solution coming.

3 Likes

Thanks. Yeah, I didn’t want to be the one to test, either, but I did drop 5 keys and pulled 1 hag, so it seems that chances are good the Sea Hag is on the 20% chance to pull.

2 Likes