Why the MAJOR STEALTH NERF to FORGE?

The problem is it’s not really even a way to target lower rarities for ascension because at a 1:8 chance of even getting the one you want means you’ll need to spend 400 precious jewels just to have even odds of pulling the one you want. Seeing as we only get 100-200 of each color per week good luck getting 100+ copies.

2 things need to change imo to make this right. First, take out the commons and rares and make it minimum ultra rares like before the nerf. Maybe 6 different UR and 2 epics? Second, of the 8 different troops we should be able to select which one we want to craft not have a 1:8 chance.

This will make summon stones a weaker version of glory keys (no chance at legendary or mythic) but in exchange you can at least get the ur or epic you want, even if it takes months of weekly rotations for the one you want to even show up.

I don’t think the devs realize how rare jewels are. We only get 100 of each color a week from defeating 18 dungeon bosses and 200 if we also spend 300 gems. They SHOULD be great seeing as they are so rare and/or cost so much.

6 Likes

No, that’s fair enough. I guess I just feel like it’s easy to gloss over and/or shoot down changes like this without remembering that not everything is aimed at late-game players.

2 Likes

absolut. yes yes and yes in all you said

1 Like

I’m in two minds about this.

I liked the extra chance of legendary/mythic. However, I crafted over 150 summoning stones in total before the chance, I guess, and I never got even an epic. Just Ultra-Rares. So while the chance was nice, it was - at least for me - a purely theoretical thing to even get an epic.

Event weeks are nothing we can control. We had in pretty short succession now two Suncrest and Blackhawk weeks while other kingdoms didn’t get anything in between. They don’t give event weeks to kingdoms equally, but more based on what troops they release. Because of that, there’s no way to wait for a realiably specific troop pull.

Specifying, I’m not looking for commons - that’s what gold chests are for - but for epics. So for me, the change is GOOD. So far, the only reliable source of epics have been VIP chests and not everyone has those and they’re also expensive as heck.

So unless the chance of epics is still as low as it was before the “nerf”, I’m so far pretty okay with it, even if the legendary/mythic chance is removed. We’ll see how okay I’ll be with it once Sir Gwayne appears in either red or yellow stones and RNG messes me over, of course…

3 Likes

It isn’t a “stealth” anything given that it was announced in the patch notes.

It is a nerf or a buff depending on what you want crafting to do for you personally.

Crafting shouldn’t have RNG no matter what.

I’m muting this thread now since its heated.

3 Likes

big gem refresh button in ranked pvp, 10 minimum, 200 max keys opening at once, removing legend/mythic from summoning stone. it’s all about the money.

3 Likes

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

(gasp)

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

9 Likes

Did anyone else accidentally press it several times already or is that just me?

4 Likes

…are you serious?

9 Likes

I think the main issue is that, at a minimum, the legendaries should sometimes appear in these. But that would also imply a variable drop rate, and it’s not clear whether that’s the case at the moment.

1 Like

I really wish those common-deprived players would stand up and tell us about their painful condition.
It must be horrible, horrible.

“Mythics, Mythics everywere and not a Common to see”!

15 Likes

I agree that commons are not exactly hard to get because… you know, they are COMMON.

Epics, however, are a different topic… I can understand the change to make specific epics more obtainable, but the claim that gold chests/commons are a problem seems ridiculous.

I mean, I get what, around 400 gold keys from guild tasks a week? On top of everything that drops during battle, which is surely around 50 keys every two days. And that’s pure keys; let’s not start how many you can buy with gold.

1 Like

But it’s not like people could open 200 keys to speed up this process of opening gold chests…
Wait a minute… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Maybe the problem was that everyone wants to cherish all the common troops, watching first the sidescrolling (and getting nauseous) and now the bright opening flash (and becoming blind) for every single key used? I mean, those common troops need to be appreciated when pulled out of the chests. It’s not like opening gold chests can feel useless or something like that.

1 Like

Our preciousss.

That’s exactly the point. I can understand missing Epics - even if I never met anyone complaining - but pointing at Commons is ridonkulous.

Also, the tile placement on the Chests page is nonsense.

1 Like

After clicking a summoning stone, you’ll see a question mark in the middle of the recipe. Once you click it, it shows which troops that it can summon.

4 Likes

At this point i’m not sure what excuse can be used anymore. :laughing:
But well, considering this overall change i think the colored jewels just got some long-term value, as you will eventually hoard quite a few of those and MAYBE target a few missing Epics and Ultra-Rares IF they eventually shows up on the pool.

@Nimhain

Is there any code preventing a multicolored troop from appearing in two different jewels?
Like Lion Prince for example, he is Yellow/Red, can he appear in both pools of Red and Yellow Summoning stones?

1 Like

Oh dear, a severe case of reality disconnect. Unfortunate, developers may catch it when getting seriously out of touch with their community for a prolonged time. Allow me to attempt a preliminary treatment by administering a dose of feedback.

Players requested a reasonable way to obtain enough copies of common/rare troops belonging to newly released kingdoms to ascend them to mythic. One that doesn’t involve a rapidly increasing five digit number of gold chests. One possibly based on event keys, which can be used to reasonably obtain enough copies of ultra-rare/epic/legendary troops belonging to the very same newly released kingdoms.

Players did not ask for an opportunity to gamble their very limited crafting resources on a minor chance to get a miniscule amount of those common/rare troops. One that takes several years of saving to just get one kingdom done, at current price tags and income rates. One that removes the most viable way for newer players to obtain high rarity troops.

Players also requested a way to get rid of the fireworks obscuring important parts of the battle UI. Please do not act on that request, in your current condition you are likely to consider entirely blanking out those parts of the battle UI a proper solution.

TL;DR: Summoning stones were considered too good a deal? Just call the nerf a nerf then, don’t attempt to sell it as a long requested gift to the community.

18 Likes

When I started out, I was basically using epics exclusively - as I guess most starting players do - (Luther, Tyri and Raven) and would have loved the chance to get more copies of them outside of event weeks to ascend them. The first bosses in the forge were doable with those three (+Hero), actually, so I did get a few stones and would have liked using them for that if the new mechanic would have been in place then.

Right now, I want Sir Gwayne copies a LOT because it’s sad to have an epic in a team of mythics and legendaries. I also have no epic ascended to mythic yet while a lot of commons and rares have reached that goal already. Epics are a pain, given how VIP chests are the only reliable source and an expensive pain to buy.

Indeed - I had pointed that out when the previews were shown and someone actually told me that they had said in stream that it would be switched around or something. Lemme find that post.

Guess that didn’t happen.

1 Like

Not the vertical scrolling, the placing of the gold and glory chests in the screen where you pick what chest you want to open.:wink: We got the vertical scrolling, too (thank goodness!), but gold chests are still the second from the left.

1 Like