Why the MAJOR STEALTH NERF to FORGE?

Maybe the problem was that everyone wants to cherish all the common troops, watching first the sidescrolling (and getting nauseous) and now the bright opening flash (and becoming blind) for every single key used? I mean, those common troops need to be appreciated when pulled out of the chests. It’s not like opening gold chests can feel useless or something like that.

1 Like

Our preciousss.

That’s exactly the point. I can understand missing Epics - even if I never met anyone complaining - but pointing at Commons is ridonkulous.

Also, the tile placement on the Chests page is nonsense.

1 Like

After clicking a summoning stone, you’ll see a question mark in the middle of the recipe. Once you click it, it shows which troops that it can summon.

4 Likes

At this point i’m not sure what excuse can be used anymore. :laughing:
But well, considering this overall change i think the colored jewels just got some long-term value, as you will eventually hoard quite a few of those and MAYBE target a few missing Epics and Ultra-Rares IF they eventually shows up on the pool.

@Nimhain

Is there any code preventing a multicolored troop from appearing in two different jewels?
Like Lion Prince for example, he is Yellow/Red, can he appear in both pools of Red and Yellow Summoning stones?

1 Like

Oh dear, a severe case of reality disconnect. Unfortunate, developers may catch it when getting seriously out of touch with their community for a prolonged time. Allow me to attempt a preliminary treatment by administering a dose of feedback.

Players requested a reasonable way to obtain enough copies of common/rare troops belonging to newly released kingdoms to ascend them to mythic. One that doesn’t involve a rapidly increasing five digit number of gold chests. One possibly based on event keys, which can be used to reasonably obtain enough copies of ultra-rare/epic/legendary troops belonging to the very same newly released kingdoms.

Players did not ask for an opportunity to gamble their very limited crafting resources on a minor chance to get a miniscule amount of those common/rare troops. One that takes several years of saving to just get one kingdom done, at current price tags and income rates. One that removes the most viable way for newer players to obtain high rarity troops.

Players also requested a way to get rid of the fireworks obscuring important parts of the battle UI. Please do not act on that request, in your current condition you are likely to consider entirely blanking out those parts of the battle UI a proper solution.

TL;DR: Summoning stones were considered too good a deal? Just call the nerf a nerf then, don’t attempt to sell it as a long requested gift to the community.

18 Likes

When I started out, I was basically using epics exclusively - as I guess most starting players do - (Luther, Tyri and Raven) and would have loved the chance to get more copies of them outside of event weeks to ascend them. The first bosses in the forge were doable with those three (+Hero), actually, so I did get a few stones and would have liked using them for that if the new mechanic would have been in place then.

Right now, I want Sir Gwayne copies a LOT because it’s sad to have an epic in a team of mythics and legendaries. I also have no epic ascended to mythic yet while a lot of commons and rares have reached that goal already. Epics are a pain, given how VIP chests are the only reliable source and an expensive pain to buy.

Indeed - I had pointed that out when the previews were shown and someone actually told me that they had said in stream that it would be switched around or something. Lemme find that post.

Guess that didn’t happen.

1 Like

Not the vertical scrolling, the placing of the gold and glory chests in the screen where you pick what chest you want to open.:wink: We got the vertical scrolling, too (thank goodness!), but gold chests are still the second from the left.

1 Like

Sorry i misunderstood, hence why i tried to delete when i realized my error. I was a bit disappointed to see they didn’t hold to their word on the placement issue.

1 Like

chance somewhere between 1/1,000 and 1/10,000 beats chance being zero. You can’t know that it’s effectively never going to happen, because as long as chances are NOT zero, it CAN happen.

1 Like

Yeah, and you can win the lottery, but you shouldn’t build your life around it, nor be upset if they get rid of the lottery.

As I said, I think there are two camps: One that liked any chance to get Legendaries/Mythics and another that really needed a way to get more lesser-rarity troops. The people that want Legendaries/Mythics have lots of other ways to get them. There was no good way to get the lesser-rarity troops.

I think a good compromise could be if they slightly expand to 10, introduce Legendaries/Mythics into the rotation, but then also have variable drop rates as before.

Cheap-ass Gold and Glory chests. You might want to try them.

1 Like

Glory Chests also give Epics, Legendaries, & Mythics. You need 16, 6, & 1 copy of those respectively. You might want to try them.

Meanwhile, we need 191 copies for Commons & 91 for Rares. You got any to Mythic yet? I’ve got plenty of Epics & Legendaries to Mythic. You got any Commons/Rares?

I’m sorry not everything in the game appeals to your exact needs… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

My exact needs are getting more than a Mythic per semester. In the meantime, even trying to get a Mythic can cast my economy in a months-long disarray.

On the other hand I don’t need Mythic Peasants right now. Or ever. Mainly because I have them, as does everyone in due time, also because being Mythic can’t do all that good to that troop.

To be clear: ALL my Commons and Rares are Mythic bar those of the most recent Kingdom. Not all my Legendaries are because, surprise! they are MUCH more rare. How did I come to such an awesomeness? By playing a lot and having a lot of Gold and Glory and Guild keys.

So I get a lot of effing Common and Rare troops - we are talking hundred Commons and Rare each week - that are only good to be disenchanted.

6 Likes

I know it been change but how do we know wich troop we can summon with them?

1 Like

By clicking on the question mark when selecting a stone.

2 Likes

Ty of course it was obvious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the text in the screen taransworld posted.
Event keys - for event kingdom troops…
Really?
They’re often as much as 50% non event troops and items! I bet you’d have a case for a mis-sell if you contacted Sony or MS.

2 Likes

I think your argument fails on it’s own. If you open enough gold keys you can drop a substantial number of Commons/Rares to upgrade new kingdoms released. Here is my collection of Merlantis, the newest kingdom we had, and a picture of a Watching Capybara to brighten the day of everyone here.

I’m not even hoarding gold keys and aside from Azura i got it all WITHOUT any help of the Summoning Stones… Once Skadi drops maybe i’ll finish Azura with my Glory Keys if i’m lucky as i have currently 1392 keys and that’s a very shy number compared to other End Gamers (that seem to be suffering for not having the chance to get all troops upgraded… :disappointed_relieved: My prayers and thoughts for them…) but still it’s much more than the insignificant amount of chances i have to drop her from Summoning Stones IF by chance she enters the pool.

In the end it doesn’t have anything about appealing to our needs, it has something to do about making a change that doesn’t solve the problems of not being able to upgrade Epics and Commons, it just made the summoning stones pretty much useless UNLESS at the very CIRCUNSTANTIAL occasion where you have PLENTY of S. Stones AND the desired troop is on the pool AND you also get lucky to drop enough of them… But hey you can still craft weapons.

By the time a new Mythic is released and you spend Glory or Gem Keys you might have better lucky simply because you have more chances at it while trying to get said Mythic.

7 Likes

I’d argue there are a lot of Commons/Rares that are more valuable than most of the Mythics: Valkyrie, Cockatrice, Cyclops, Dragotaur, Dust Devil… every single one of those is actively used every single week by end game players. That’s already as many as there are decent mythics.

And, again, a 2 in 10,000 chance is so infinitesimally small that it doesn’t even warrant considering. You make it out like they took the mythic right out of your hand.

And here I had been saving up because I am missing nothing BUT mythics… been saving…saving and now for what?

Why can’t we have all levels in the forge and just rotate through? Some folks need epics, some commons, some of us Mythics

Abynissia
Death
Doomclaw
Elemaugrim
Famine
Infernus
Queen Aurora
Scorpius
The Worldbreaker
Xathenos

And I am not getting them through Gems that’s for sure.

4 Likes