Why does dwarven miner have stone link?

I guess I really don’t understand how these trait links work. Dwarven miner fills up one a single brown mana match - so what use is the stone link trait that gives bonus brown mana? Where does the bonus mana go?

To other Brown troops, I should think.

2 Likes

That’s the only way that would be of any use, though why you’d use Dwarven Miner in the first place is a mystery.

Seriously though, the ‘link’ traits are really valuable when you can combine them and a matching banner to rapidly fill one or more troops. Dwarven Miner might not be the best example, but there are others where using several of the same link-traited troops on the same team can provide a real advantage.

1 Like

My favourite example of this comes from my traitstone farming team. (Before Bombot was a thing)

Hero (Morthani’s Scythe - 15 Purple Mana) - Sorcerer (Magic Link)
Snowy Owl (Magic Link) - Previously: Shadow Dragon
Giant Spider (Magic Link)
Anything - I use Ragnagord usually.

Old God’s Banner

3 match of purple = 3 mana base + 2 from banner + 3 from Magic Link traits = 8 Mana total, meaning Morthani’s fills up in 2 matches, and deals around 20-21 damage to all troops.
An Alternative I’m using at the moment, is Black Manacles (15 Brown/Purple) - Mechanist, with Mist Stalker in the last slot for the 3rd Magic Link. Your first cast only takes 1 match if you have Mechanist’s third trait, after which you still only need 2 matches of purple to fill up.

To other Brown troops, I should think.

You say that like its a dumb question but I would not have asked if it were obvious to me how these links work. I gather from other comments below that the effect is apparent when a troop collects the appropriate colored mana on another turn. Do you always get a bonus every appropriate match? Is the bonus amount constant or variable?

Link traits give +1 mana of their colour every time you make a match of that colour. And multiple traits will stack (so you could have potentionally +4 from traits if you had all four of your troops with the same link trait.

2 Likes

I meant no offense. It’s just that this is the only use of Link on the troop in question. It’s a strange trait for such a cheap troop to have, but that’s how it is.

You must be bored.

1 Like

You must be drunk.

1 Like

You must be Harold.

2 Likes

Extremely bored, leave me be.

You’re opinions don’t matter.

2 Likes

it allows you to use a -1 brown banner and still fill dwarven miner. stones for the win :wink:

1 Like