Why does Dark Smith Drenza require cursed runes to unlock?

Dark Smith Drenza is the last troop I need to unlock another power level for Khaziel. Since I only have 30 cursed runes, I used 1900 gems to go from 18 to 20 to max out the soulforge. If I didn’t have enough runes to initially max out the soulforge, how am I supposed to get 70 more to get a troop required to level a kingdom?

Patience.
And the imminent week-long vault key event could give you more than a few cursed gnomes.

4 Likes

Dark Smith Drenza is the final reward for fully upgrading the soulforge and collecting enough cursed runes to craft it. It was not designed to be a quickly acquired troop. I believe it was part of the motivating force to have players use gems to unlock the soulforge rather than take the long and slow method of only collecting runes to do it. If you chose to take the long and free method then it is a long grind and I feel this was intentional.

3 Likes

Thanks for the responses. I don’t mind the grind. I just don’t understand why we need a troop that requires rare currency to upgrade kingdom level(s).

1 Like

Why? I cannot answer that. I might guess it is for variety.

However, what I can tell you that this is not the only troop that requires a great amount of grind to advance kingdom levels. Hoard Mimic introduced similar limitation.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind the grind at all, if the game could just keep up - all those spinning gems are making me sleepy…

1 Like

What is the weapon needed to draft this troop?

̶c̶̶r̶̶a̶̶f̶̶t̶̶a̶̶b̶̶l̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶u̶̶r̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶k̶̶h̶̶a̶̶z̶̶i̶̶e̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶e̶̶e̶̶k̶

Edit: Read below

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the Dark Hammer a Soulforge-only thing that can be crafted at any time provided one has the necessary ingredients to do so and has raised their Soulforge level high enough? As was most everything else related to the Dark Smith update many moons ago, e.g., Drenza herself and all the Cursebreaker weapons?

3 Likes

grafik

You were absolutely right. My bad.
I assumed it would be in Khaziel since I couldn’t find it in the forge right now :wink: