Why do endgamers have to buy War coins and beginners get it for free

I didn’t know for sure that it was 15 War Coins per Kingdom, eventually giving enough to unlock all 5 of the current available Warbands. I had thought the quests would maybe give enough for 1 or 2, leaving new players to gain the rest the same way as the rest of us.

@dana Thanks for confirming that it’s 15 per Kingdom.

On the whole, this feels pretty shitty – I guess how a new player might feel for having started too late and having to pay a late tax (Diamonds and time) to catch up on old Event Weapons – but the other way around (with older players having started too early).

I imagine they’re either stretching out the time until War Coins appear in the AB to see how many they can sell, or I guess they’re just ‘extremely rare’ and we’ve been unlucky so far. Either is bad.

I can maybe understand their dilemma in not wanting to give away War Coins for free (although if there will be more Warbands in the future, I think this is fine), but also not having the functionality in place to replay quests – but I don’t think this is shaping up to be an elegant solution at all.

(Edit: these above two statements are a little bit contradictory, imo)

7 Likes