Wheres the Epic vault keys

I know this wasn’t directed at me, but it’s come up a bit, so I thought I’d give two cents.

Since the Epic Vault Keys (EVK) aren’t supposed to affect the drop rate of regular Vault Keys (VK), if 10% of the time an EVK dropped instead of a VK, that would render this first statement untrue.

Reading it again now, I can see how many people might have thought that “Vault Key drop rates have not been affected…” referred to the general class of item, including the new Epic Vault Keys, and was said to assure people that adding something good wouldn’t result in a drop rate rebalance.

• I’m actually starting to doubt myself a bit, now…

My understanding, although admittedly I don’t think the wording was super clear (as has been mentioned – I think it could easily be misinterpreted as ‘10% rarer’ i.e. 90% of the change of a regular VK), was that the chance for EVKs was in addition to regular VKs, and it was 10% as likely as them – so if VKs previously had a 1% chance to drop, we would now have a 1.1% chance to receive either a VK or EVK – with EVKs therefore making up 9.1% of all ‘Vault Keys’, inclusive of both types.

Note of course that the ‘1 in 11’ or ‘9.1%’ scenario is the better one, since it takes up a bigger portion of the Gnome pie :drooling_face: (i.e. ‘1.1%’ of rewards, hypothetically, instead of just ‘1%’).

1 Like