Where is Merlantis for the console?

Bugged so you can’t select kingdom on the map nimhain said…

1 Like

PC/Mobile favouritism all time’s dude that will not change. (Yeah we get the update first but eh it’s not like they’ve had so many other updates before us huh.

Yeah, when I saw “Unlock Merlantis” in my Daily Tasks, I felt that fleeting excitement, as it soon became apparent after surveying the map that this kingdom was not yet available.

Soon, I imagine… and I can wait. Frankly, I’d rather have the other kingdom with the Asiatic theme released first, as I’m really curious as to what the troop types and abilities are.

Also, I’m surprised no one, in response to the thread title, responded with, “it’s underwater.” :slightly_smiling_face:

Merlantis should (hopefully) be next week on console - though that’s dependent on a hot fix getting through Microsoft/Sony.

We’ve now got most of our releases within a week pretty much from PC/Mobile to Console (and sometimes simultaneously) so it’s certainly a LOT better than the gap of many months we had previously.
We’re still working on bridging that last little 1-2 week gap though. We’ll get there soon I hope!

And the problem was indeed, as Nimhain said, that the control-scheme on console of snapping from kingdom-to-kingdom with the game controller, could not reach Merlantis. It happened because Merlantis was not one of our originally-planned kingdoms, so it was not added into a console-specific network of kingdom - a piece of code that we only just learned a week or so ago.

4 Likes

@sirrian any reason every time i launch the
Game on xbox it keep downloading data?

Same on ps4

And the game just takes way too long to load in general (on xbox)…

@Sirrian Why is console consistently lagging behind? I’m trying to be patient but it’s hard when we are always a few steps behind PC?

Do you honestly think that we will ever have true synchronization with PC in that a troop is always launched on the same day, or is that a harsh reality that will never likely come?

1 Like

Honest question, since I don’t play Console, but: why is 100% synchronization desirable? It’s not as if we can cross-play once it happens. Is it about the thrill of being on the bleeding edge, and sharing the excitement about new troops in real time, as opposed to a week or so later?

Objectively, I’m not sure being a few weeks back is really a detriment to Console players. Some of the recent gaffes (like Fizzbang) missed Console entirely as a result. I would think a Console player would like the fact that PC/Mobile players are the game’s beta testers in their stead.

2 Likes

What the point of rushing mythic release if we never catch up? I mean i would prefer get a mythic every month then every 2-3 weeks, at least we would have more time to bank ressources, especially gems we need for crafting and vip chests

1 Like

For so long we have been behind it feels like we are not as important or that we will get it at a later date. After doing this for over a year it wears on you a bit.

I know it shouldn’t matter but every week you get to play with the new troops and we get to watch you play with them.

I’m honestly shocked we got 3.2 the same day but very excited and hope it sets a new norm.

3 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense. Not being in those shoes, I don’t have that perspective, but thanks for sharing yours.

1 Like

This is the original posts dating when this initiative started.

Don’t get me wrong I’m very appreciative of all the hard work that has been put in but it has been a very long painful journey for console players. We are left out so much compared to PC and everytime you get something new it is a constant reminder that we are behind.

1 Like

Don’t you mean since console got GOW in 2015? Lol

Correct me if i’m wrong, did we get Necrezza though Mail like PC did?

Nope

I see the point @Ghaleon is saying. Console players always have to wait. :unamused:

We’ve actually had several events already where both PC/ Mobile + Consoles got new troops on the same day. We’ve also noted that after Doomclaw came out, all platforms should now have Mythic releases on the same day.

As we’ve stated previously, we originally had to hold onto some event troops just in case of delays with the approval process with Microsoft and Sony (which can take a couple of weeks, depending). This slowed down our ability to release more troops in events, as we need to make sure to hold some back for the any pending approval wait times.

We’ve improved this requirement a lot by changing how the data is downloaded on consoles so they they could now get the latest version of text and balance changes without an update needing to come out. However, we still need updates for new troop art to go out, which is what happened with the Fire Giant. The 3.2 update had all the new art for future events; we need to make sure that consoles had content that we could continue to release if there was an unforeseen delay. (Which thankfully there wasn’t ).

So when is the Fire gIant coming?
Good news, hiss event is next week and the Ancient Golem will be with him as a bonus glory troop.

What about Merlantis?
As Sirrian has mentioned we hope that the hot fix will come out next week and we will be able to release Merlantis shortly after (most likely the Friday, at least Friday our time). This is not a definitive date though, as we’re waiting on MS/Sony approval.

What about the Merlantis Weekly Event?
When we merge 2 events together we prefer a week when there is only 1 event troop as it makes it easy for player to get all the troops. Unfortunately the week starting 30th October has multiple troops, so we don’t want to merge these event together. So the Merlantis event will instead merge with the event the week after (which starts on 6th November), and the merged event’s troop will be offered as a bonus troop.

That’s nice, what about the Global Event Sync?
Once the Merlantis event has happened all platforms should be all up to date, and the events should be in sync going forward.

4 Likes

Hopefully merlantis next Friday and global synch Nov 6th.
Hopefully…

And a new mythic!