When you have not started the week and realize that you need 300+ battles to challenge the rank. Big nope!

…and there goes PvP. :sweat_smile:

I had this last week, top of my bucket looked like global, like a who’s who of PvP, so I did zero battles to let them all get promoted off out of my way.

It’s pretty terrible and can be massively unfair the way they’re running this.

3 Likes

On one hand, it’s nice to see players being rewarded for spending their time rather than their time AND money. On the other hand, most of us can’t treat this game like a job. Maybe those who grind 40h/week will eventually move up past us filthy casuals :joy:

4 Likes

That is true, just sad there is too many cheaters as well in this system.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there chatter about PvP having “seasons”? Which, to me, implies that we’d see a “global reset” of ladder brackets every so often, returning everybody to some baseline level as opposed to the stratification that will gradually form over the length of several weeks?

With our luck, those uber-grinders will reach the top of the mountain right around the time the developers “end a season” and reset us all to the start, thus beginning the whole Sisyphus-ian journey all over again and leaving them back in our brackets anyhow.

1 Like

Lol there’s 5 of us in my league higher than that.

Yep this week is a killer, not good .
If you hate people beating you :rofl:.

I didn’t mind normal PvP, but being one of only 30, I need to come in top 3 so I can laugh at me opponents :rofl::rofl:

Lets hope they also build in a great anti-cheat tool within the new PvP, to keep it clean. I would not have betted on it tho.

If your right.

And every season, we’re all back in amethyst, once I have 1 of every pet, il be dumping PvP.

Not doing the league thing every season, no chance :rofl:

1 Like

Well, top in my group is already at 850 battles. Absolutely no way um even going to try.

It was nice being the top earner as long as it lasted. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

lol, 850 in 2 days or so. Somebody give him a chill pill…

There’s no way they do this, they can’t it’d be awful - they’d be reviving all those zombie accounts once again and the first few weeks would be terrible.

Don’t think a new season 1 is coming any time zoon, we’re basically in a big open beta in this “season zero” and there’s so much on fire before they even get to any balance/fairness/fun/practicality passes it’s not nearly ready for a real 1.0.

1 Like

I can see a amethyst gate incoming :rofl:

1 Like

The top of my group last week was somebody who was in the Top 40 on the overall leaderboards by the time Sunday rolled around. The top of my group this week is already there.

I pushed my way to 2nd place in my private little ladder last week; it wasn’t too excessive to do. I’ll repeat that for this week if the effort isn’t excessive; it’ll be easier to do this weekend given we have another non-event to not take up our time.

But I’ll also stop playing (as much) PvP if I believe the “time/effort vs. rewards” ratio gets out of hand. As it probably will at some point if I can no longer land in the Top Three of my mini-ladder without too much work. Because Gold Seals are where it’s at for me as to trade those for Books of Deeds; if I can’t hit the “money” spots at the top of a ladder, there’s no good reason for me to play beyond the basic 20 rewards.

3 Likes

Yea, gold marks should be given out based on the league you are currently in, with a small bonus to top 3, there is no point to reaching higher leagues when you can consistently place top 3 → demote → place top 3 → demote. You should be rewarded for staying in the highest league you can, not for demoting on purpose to farm top 3.

6 Likes

This. If we make it to the top league we should still get gold marks at the end of the week even if we don’t get top 3. Because top 3 of the highest league will be people with hundreds of thousands of VP.

3 Likes

Possibly/probably, but not everyone in your bucket is even necessarily in your league division. They said that’s possible from the start and should resolve with time - we won’t know just how that plays out until that nebulous time period has passed and we see if it works as intended.

Still two weeks, until the first of us reach the highest available league. Let’s see, how things look up there. I do agree, that the daily silver marks should be buffed up with a gold mark or two when you reach that point.

Ya. Make it worth it for us to stay up there even if we can’t get into the top 3.

2 Likes

When I checked my league in the very early hours of the morning the leader had over 100,000 points, with 1,599 matches played. Within 48 hours of reset and the excessive load times between battles, that’s really something.