What's with all the thread closing?

It feels more and more that we’re treated like children.

I know I’m getting into dangerous territory here but what’s with the sudden heavy handedness regarding the closing of threads?

We need support that actually communicates with us, not just “we reported this” and “we’ve closed this”.

You are actively making this whole community more toxic and aggressive by doing what you’re doing. I’ve seen it before, it’s exactly the same thing (just that the mods in the other forum accepted DMs which you guys don’t so people can’t even talk to you personally about possible misunderstandings or of the yhsve further questions).

It’s been going on for some time now but I feel it has become more prevalent over the last few days.

How about keeping us in the loop about any developments (or lack thereof) regarding all the bugs the update introduced? That would help so much more to make this forum a calmer place again than closing threads will ever do.

14 Likes

Seems to be mostly when duplicate bug reports are posted then these are merged.

Totally agree sylverscale. I would like to make some specific comments but what I have seen in the last 2 hours here is a thread closed immediately, another thread totally removed immediately and a friend’s forum account suspended. So yes dangerous territory is indeed the case perhaps even more concerning is a developing censorship since we cannot have a say here.
Please accept my apologies if my reply results in your post being closed or removed.

2 Likes

So what is Cronus supposed to do here?

1. The person is making tickets.

2. The tickets are getting instantly closed without a chance to have a proper discourse about a ban for assumed cheating, despite past instances where people were assumed cheating when it was just a faulty system (Kris Krinkle)

3. Forum Mod is autoclosing topics because it’s considered a ban discussion and told to make tickets. Revert back to step 1.

This could happen to anyone playing Gems of War. …

This is a policy discussion and I’m not discussing anything about what happened to Cronus.

13 Likes

Closing duplicate bug report thread due to merging them is one thing (it’s understandable and usually contains part that X was merged with Y at the bottom).

The concerning thing is them locking “can’t get into game because of too much gold” threads under the pretext of “we don’t discuss bans and ban appeals”.
Off the top of my head I recall three such threads each closed by a different customer experience agent with identical justification. Needless to say none of those threads discussed bans or was appealing a ban - it’s enough to have even rudimentary reading comprehension skills to understand it - instead it’s a critical error, serious technical issue, game breaking bug (choose your pick).

They might even claim that they know of the problem and say something like this

but latest closed thread suggests that it’s quite far from the truth, at least, as far as customer support agents are concerned - they shut down any talk about the issue immediately.

Well, a person holds all power in their hands but holds no responsibility and faces no consequences on how they use this power…nothing could ever go wrong here.

7 Likes

Nah, that’s not what I mean. That’s normal to merge threads. No issue with that.

Having everything about the same bug in one place is good.

Yeah, the gold issue threads are part of those that get closed. There were others I think but am too tired to look them up.

I just noticed that more threads than usual get shut down.

I personally also think that barring someone from a discussion for statements about themselves while others try to explain to them why they have a different view, trying to have an adult discourse that maybe could lead to some understanding, is not the best approach.

We can all block users of we can’t deal with what they’re saying, and as long as it’s not an extreme stance like a racist position for example we can really handle it ourselves.

We’re all grown up already.

5 Likes

Never put your hopes into what devs… sorry, mods… write in the forum, because they seemingly have to deliver the messages first to the people that eventually could do something behind the scenes, because devs avoid the forums next to completely. Reasons unknown, my speculation is noone really cares, please proof me wrong. Also the mods aren’t always around here, at least not even daily, sometimes multiple days without any actions and they really (allegedly!) avoid certain topics or statements/acknowlegements in those topics. This is pretty clear, in my opinion.

“Near the top of the list” means exactly nothing, until it eventually happens. It can be “stuck” (or more likely move down)… “near the top of the list” forever if noone suddenly decides they want to face the problem/challenge to be solved in one of the various possible ways - even if its just a band-aid solution.

If you read “official postings” carefully and just try to assume bad intentions you can actually understand the “phrasing” in many statements, no coincidence in my opinion.

I’m surprised after the 7.2 release and the occurance of many new and old bugs… sorry, I meant “features” of course… there was actually someone around in the forums somewhat acknowledging certain things. Normally this isn’t really the case and things may be put off indefintely. Could be they still make a good amount of money out of some players in Underspire, so, there’s another indicator why “near the top of the list” isn’t quite a guarantee of anything happening, because if there’s something going on that has “more possible money” behind it - they sprint. And there’s always the option to ignore something until it is forgotten or can’t be restored anymore.

50gems, very sorry.

3 Likes

I think this is what’s happening with the bug… excuse me… feature limiting the gold (and all resources) to 2.1B. They are hoping people are just going to forget about it and they won’t have to do anything to solve the problem. It doesn’t matter to them that a long time player who did support them with real money can no longer play. They called it the “B” word even when everything says that it isn’t. I think it’s too late for them to do the adult thing and say “sorry, we made a mistake and we’re going to fix it.” Right now they are in the delete any threads referencing the problem and hope that everyone forgets it. It’s called the ostrich syndrome and it’s very common, especially in politicians.

3 Likes

There’s so much i could comment on this topic but i don’t want to get your thread shut down…

It’s getting old real quick and I’m getting closer and closer to walking away myself as i just don’t want to support the crap they pull here.

Something has to give!

5 Likes