What's the console Event troop for this weeK?

Thanks Lyya. I suspect Sirrian’s reassurances about daily bonuses may have applied to the PC/Mobile game in specific. He mentions the “subscription mailouts” which is a direct reference to the mailbox rewards on PC.

But subscriptions only count when you log in? That’s news to me :slight_smile:

Can you have your friend that made the mistake collect the gems for you? That way you’ll have a nice stack to spend when you get back. They just need to launch the shop to “collect” them.

Oops missed the part about no one there consistently.

Did you ever explain why you’re having a friend log into your Xbox One? Wouldn’t it be much easier and less of a hassle to just log into the Xbox Store via your web browser and make those purchases yourself?

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/dlc/Gems-of-War/726af7b5-2ae3-4df9-b850-058735be51ea

You can even set your console to automatically download purchases you make via the web store: Next Xbox One Update Rolls Out with New Social and Mobile Features - Xbox Wire

This may not solve your “nobody’s at my house” problem, but it will save you from paying for stuff your friend purchases by mistake.

1 Like

unless the xbox is different not all in game purchase will be in the store.

got anyone with a xbox1 you’d trust with your account info?

The Xbox is different. The store is far less convoluted than Sony’s.

The issue is that the weekly Event Bundles are never in the online store. If they were, this whole discussion would be moot. There is no guarantee that even the paid Specials like the “Sands of Time” Bundle will show up for that week in the store, either.

One thing I’ve wondered about is that the descriptions of the paid bundles in the online xbox store are somewhat lacking when you compare them to, say, typical playstation store offerings, or GoW’s own in-game store descriptions. :frowning: What exactly is a new user supposed to make of https://store.xbox.com/en-CA/Xbox-One/DLC/Legendary-Starter-Pack/e9990d32-a52e-4776-9293-861e1fb6aaae ?

EDIT: It’s not just with Gems. The description of DLC for many different games in the xbox store is lacking, making me think there’s some kind of unofficial 140 character limit for text, or something.

Ah, good point.

I realize this might sound odd coming from someone whose salary partially depends on people playing Gems of War, but given how much stress this is causing you, have you considered just not playing the game until you get back? Or playing the mobile version? I know that won’t allow you to make progress on your Xbox One account, but if you give yourself an aneurysm trying to coordinate things with your friend at home, you won’t be able to play any version of Gems.

As far as the lacking descriptions, you’d have to ask Microsoft. That’s their realm.

You don’t have any input on the Store text blurbs that Microsoft chooses to both advertise and describe the game? That sort of thing can make or break a potential purchase.

In a way, I must say there are a number of factors in this game which appear to have been deliberately designed to draw players into it, repeatedly. The need to win at least 22 PvP matches a week to get to Rank 1, for example. Lose any match, and you have to do at least 3 more to get back on track. Or in v1.09 there’s the need to do excessive grinding to gain certain types of traitstones. (i.e. “Just one more match, maybe I’ll get that Arcane Venom drop”). I’m playing the iOS version to glimpse the direction the console game will be evolving to, and at this point I’m beginning to get worried?

EDIT: Well, worried I’m a guinea pig regarding all this :hamster:

They’re definitely deliberate. Gotta have carrots or folks will abandon your game and go play something else. It’s one of the biggest problems with Free-to-Play games: When the costs are free, folks have little attachment (initially) and if they don’t see a reason to come back then there’s a thousand other free games out there that they could be playing.

1 Like

Did you know you can play x-box games on your pc? Just asking.

Uh… Wait a minute. Gems of War was also supposed to be a Game for Windows, not just an Xbox-only game!!!

When I go to https://store.xbox.com/en-ca/Xbox-One/Games/Gems-of-War/726af7b5-2ae3-4df9-b850-058735be51ea , the only indicator is “Buy Now for Xbox One.” There is no apparent option for Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. Judging from the experience of another game called Project Spark, I suspect though that creating Gems as a cross-platform PC/XB1 game (like Spark) would have created a whole new set of sync problems.

I am playing on a different account (and different version) of GoW using my iOS device. My guildmaster is also on iOS but other people in my guild say they are playing on Steam.

If you want to play Gems of War on your PC, you’ll find everything you need here: Gems of War - Puzzle RPG on Steam

Obviously, you’ll need a Steam account and the client, but that’s par for the course for 99% of PC games these days. So you’re aware, the PC game is largely identical to the Mobile game, so you won’t see much you aren’t already seeing on Mobile.

We have input on our own blurbs, but not on Microsoft’s decision that their store will be far less verbose than Sony’s.

@studs answered this pretty well.

Well since there is an obvious RPG element to GoW, why are people surprised that there is grinding for resources? That’s basically the first point made in describing an RPG.

By using the xbox app on windows 10 you can play gems of war for xbox given you know your xbox’s ip address. It might run abtt slow but that is because there will be a delay from the xbox to the pc and back again. You can also buy games for your xbox as well as do other things from the app. Think of it as remote control for your xbox.

I think the point about grinding that I and Machiknight were trying to make in the other thread is that grinding for a single resource (i.e., Arcane Summer Traitstones) in a single location (Whitehelm) may require playing 1500 matches in Whitehelm alone, in order to win the requisite 12 Arcane traitstones needed to upgrade my Hero to Priest Class 2nd Trait. Crazy, huh?

Oh my. The ability to play my console remotely through the Internet! What will they think of next!

The Xbox experience on Windows 10
“Stream your favourite games from Xbox One to any Windows 10 PC in your home while using your Xbox One controller.”

Info i need for my priest but how many do you have to fight to get the rainbow stone.

Ironically, you’re more likely to get more of the Celestial Traitstone than Arcane Summer, because Celestial can drop in any type of match at any location. I already have two of them in inventory.

That is actually funny.

I have gotten 8 Arcanes in drops, 3 from Defense and 3 Celestials in drops, 9 from Chests