What's it gonna take to get a Mythic troop?

Again thanks for the replies and help and suggestions…really cool folks here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Okay so like I said I’ve only been playing for a few months and at level 320 now. The first guild I joined was small only 9 members, there were more but several were kicked in the first week I was there (which made me nervous) I stayed there because it was sorta comfortable I was never bothered to donate more gold to the tasks or do anything but work on leveling up, on the other hand I had NO Help at all from the guild. In the chat area no one ever answered me when I asked a question, all I got was a system response something like “I’m a princess bean” They also never got the chest up past level 3. I left that guild a little over 2 weeks ago. The new guild seems to be French and I’m having trouble posting anything in chat (totally different issue, that I will report) But on the other hand they work and almost every one contributes to the tasks and things. The I waited until they got the chest to level 5 and took my shot, which didn’t work out. I dunno if they will get the chest to level 6 but they too do not require me to contribute (but I do, about 100,000 gold each week) as for PVP around 75 or so trophy’s.
But again no help in understanding how to build a good troop team and how to setup a defense team. Anywho I will stay with them a while and see how it goes, I feel I am collecting a lot more keys, soles and gold then I did with the other guild, so that makes me happy at least.

I wish there was a way to directly trade with other members cards and stuff. I know there is a way to BUY $$ and send to other guild members but nothing more. I played Diablo 3 on PS4 and it was a simple thing to send ANYONE some mail with an attachment of almost any game item, I would think it would be that way in GoW as well but I don’t see it.

Sorry for the long post, just getting me thoughts out there, and it’s been a long day for me already and it’s barley 2pm here. Went to wallmart in the driving rain and almost got into 2 accidents…been one of dem days, ya know. :confounded:

Bro, you can try out the guild I’m in: Connect 4. We have low requirements. If you’re interested pm me and I’ll put you in touch with the guy that does the recruiting. We don’t get all the tasks done every week but we do at least 4-5 of them. The guild has grown. When I first started there we were just trying to get the blue task done so we have come a long way. Let me know. I believe the min right now are 50k gold, 750 seals, and 25 trophies per week plus participation on the events. I think there might be a minimum level requirement but the guys are cool and they might try to work with you until you get there. Anyways, just let me know and I’ll see what can be worked out.

So, I read the above comments. I do have a doubt in the way the chance is calculated. Say, spending 1000 gem keys gives a fair chance of obtaining a mythic. How is that calculated? Is the “1000” cumulative? We can’t open more than 200 gem keys at a time. So, it is never gonna be more than one-fifth of a fair chance to get a mythic from these keys. Right? If it is cumulative, spending 1000 gem keys over a month or a couple would lead to this fair chance? I’m just curious to know how this works, so that we may spend/hoard accordingly.

For now, I just assume that the chance is for each key and each troop.

Yeah I’m not sure how the chances work. I just assumed that each key I use is a set chance and that’s it- if I spend one key it’ll be x% I get a mythic. If I spend another key it will still be the same x% chance. That’s how I always looked at it. I’m sure I’m mistaken but that’s how I always thought it would work.

1 Like

Chest opening chances are not cumulative and there is no “pity timer” that increases odds as you open more. Every chest theoretically has the same odds as any other chest of the same type.

When people say that opening 1000 gem chests gives you a “fair shot,” that’s because the odds of getting a mythic from a gem chest are approximately 1 in 1000. That does not mean you are guaranteed a mythic if you open 1000. You might get four from 1000, or zero from 5000. But over the long run, the entire game population will average about 1 mythic per 1000 gem chests.

4 Likes

Exactly. This basically means - HOARDING IS NOT GONNA INCREASE ONE’S CHANCES TO OBTAIN A MYTHIC.

Sorry, I just wanted to type it in capitals. Lol. :smile:

It’s just like rolling a six sided die trying to get a six. If you roll 300 times, you’ll get your six 50 times on average, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. There’s no telling when you’ll roll your first six, the chance is 1:6 for each roll. It doesn’t make a difference if you roll 100 times in bulk or spread it out over a long time.

For gem keys, you aren’t rolling a six sided die, you are rolling a one thousand sided die. Whenever you get a 1000 you receive a mythic troop.

5 Likes

Isn’t it.
When you roll a 1/1000 (1 in one Thousand) you get a Mythic Troop not when you make the 1000 try at getting a Mythic Troop?

I mean I hope you not saying when You try 1000 times you will get a Mythic…that would just be too sad to even think about…ya know?

You can try 1000 times and not get a Mythic. In fact, the odds of this are about 36.8%, so not even particularly unexpected.

3 Likes

Do you have a better guild know?

If you want help in the game, watch tacet at youtube and ask them stuff in the livestream.
I also have a channel now with guild war help if that comes around again.

I would recommend finding a good guild

I did not start pulling mythics until after reaching level 1000 on each of two accounts, and only after i had forged one in each account. Forging is the only sure way. Saving keys/seals is a great idea, but it’s reality only effective if you are saving everything between new mythic releases, and gunning for the news ones, while forging what’s needed most.

My strategy is that. Anything left over after obtaining a new mythic can be held onto until the next Friday, when the rest of the mythic troops are returned to the drop pool. Forging regularly, hording keys for the new mythic each month, and spending off the key stash after the new mythic is gone has led to as much as 5 mythic troops in a month for me (duplicates happen). Helps if you are in a guild that does a significant number of LTs each week, as I’ve pulled 3 mythic troops from t them.

1 Like

Before the awful kingdom rework, I didn’t care at all about Mythics (now I have about 10 kingdoms where I need one).
I lost count of how many keys I’ve used since my last Mythic (8 overall crafted 3 or something like that). For my purposes, the Apocalypse troops (which I have 2 are worthless). But, I just dropped 40,000+ guild seals, probably hundreds of glory and gem keys (and basically got nothing, other than 2 legendaries I didn’t have).

I’ve spent almost 55 days on this game since launch (XB1, time in stats). What really annoys me about this game is the massive guild resource bias. People in more active guilds (or actually active - I hate PVP and “people” in general) have almost exponentially more resources than I could have ever hoped for. I am not a huge fan of all those who were rewarded for the actions of other people.

Is the seemingly awful Mythic drop rate (probably should have been improved slightly since the horrible, horrible, horrible kingdom rework) getting to me? Yes. Why am I still playing this game since I haven’t liked most of the changes (way too RNG oriented - I loathe randomness)? I guess I would say I might be taking one last shot at the Exalted achievement (not gonna happen). If I can’t get a Mythic by Eostre, why bother anymore though?

My actual Kingdom number currently being blocked by a “Mythic gate” is 13.

Also, every time stuff has been added, it seems that is gets harder to get a mythic. For example, adding traitstones and ingots. Yes, I wish traitstones would be removed from glory, gem and event keys. Now, getting a specific Mythic would be a nightmare.

Getting diamonds (the only way i’ll ever get a mythic, with my “luck”) seems a little low - and once again can be boosted greatly by being in the right guild. It would take me about 21 weeks (without spending gems) to get a Mythic, thanks but no thanks - it isn’t worth the time. I think the cost for crafting Mythics should be greatly reduced. 800 diamonds for a legendary and something like 4,000 for a Mythic - I could understand maybe 1,600 or 2,400 (maybe do a Mythic crafting “sale”).

Then again, as someone who hates PVP I don’t care at all about PVP competitiveness (and the impact reducing diamond cost could have, though it is probably minimal).

I suspect most of those kingdoms are really blocked by either a “troop gate” or a “class gate”, there’s just a few kingdoms that are currently able to reach power level 10 or higher. You still have plenty of months to collect (some of) the mythics that would eventually gate your progress, with a bit of planning ahead you can even focus on the ones you are most interested in.

1 Like

Over 200 US$ spent on the game. Opening 200 VIP chests for 10.000 gems gave me… ZERO mythics. This game really feels as if it was rigged. And the devs gradually nerf everything, even more.

A note to new players or those considering to start playing GoW: get out while you still can. It is not worthy neither of your time, nor money.

Greetings to the greedy publisher!

Indeed a maximum number of pulls before a guaranteed Mythic would foster better player satisfaction, without breaking the economy.

So would a guaranteed unowned mythic from the Path to Glory/Power packs: it would result in more income for the developer, while limiting the purchases to once a month (so we still can’t just dump $$ and get all cards right away), and allowing those who wish to complete their collection via $$ to do so at a guaranteed pace.

The Devs’ Morality can be observed through their history of actions and inactions in this forum, and the potential clash with the above suggestions arises from the word ‘guaranteed’.

Self-Explanatory.
:vulcan_salute:

I got Voice of Orpheus with one gem key, sort of… I mean, I opened 50 but he was the first to turn, haha

A friend of mine got Jotnar with only 3 or 4 glory keys

This is just one huge gacha game, not much you can do about it.

2 Likes

A little over a year ago I got high king Irongut with just 46 event keys. That was the least I’ve ever put into getting a mythic.